Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HWDan View Post
    I might be wrong, but OBD readers give you engine and emissions diagnostic codes, and optionally ABS codes. You might need one of those dealer-only tools to read electronics related codes.
    Possibly. If it errors enough they'll have to attach a data recorder to the car. Thats what they said they would do for my 2013 with the limp mode problem. I traded the car before they did it though.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, If I remember the service manual I used to have, the BCM controls the door sensors. A regular scanner will not show you the codes for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JTSRT8 View Post
    Yes, If I remember the service manual I used to have, the BCM controls the door sensors. A regular scanner will not show you the codes for that.
    But that Bluetoof reader Donf said he was using read the Air Bag module, right? Or maybe I'm assuming the SRS module is more easily accessible than the BCM?

Regardless, now I wanna get one of those bluetooth readers, because I'm aggravated already at what service departments do when it comes to customer complaints and their quick jump to "Could Not Duplicate" response.
    2016 Charger R/T ScatPack

“SYLVIA”

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JTSRT8 View Post
    well that stinks... I guess it doesn't hurt to have I just got a regular one from Amazon for about $60. I thought if that door sensor problem happens again I'd plug it in and take a picture to show the service people.I don't even know what the BCM is lol.Is there any way to track the code or issue if it happens again? It would not let me put the car in gear so I don't want to have that happen and get stuck. funny part is, it got stuck in dealer lot and I didn't see what they hooked up to it but they brought something out to the car, and he said "no codes or errors are showing".
    '21 DD R/T White/Red/Blacktop, '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MopaR/T View Post
    But that Bluetoof reader Donf said he was using read the Air Bag module, right? Or maybe I'm assuming the SRS module is more easily accessible than the BCM? Regardless, now I wanna get one of those bluetooth readers, because I'm aggravated already at what service departments do when it comes to customer complaints and their quick jump to "Could Not Duplicate" response.
    tell me about it! My car would not move or let me put it in gear, with 500 miles only basically brand new, in their parking lot and I got the 'could not duplicate' everything is fine answer. While I suppose it's ok, he even admitted I would love to fix something and bring it in as I can bill FCA for the time and work under warranty, there is nothing wrong...

Post Thanks / Like
    meanwhile the guy also kept asking me, you sure the door was closed all the way?Mind you I was working and dressed with business attire, I told him believe me, I make a lot more money at work not sitting in this chair for no reason for an hour, so yes, I checked the door 1000 times and even took at a pic (which is above) showing I was going 9 MPH and it said door open, which contradicts the safety feature of it not letting you put it in gear with a door open? the funny part is, it let me drive from home to work about 23 miles with that error on the dash saying the door was open but when I pulled into dealer shortly after that drive, stopped and re started the car, that error came on and then would not let the car go into drive or reverse at all

Post Thanks / Like
    Frustrating, for sure. What’s more aggravating about your situation, is the fact they tell you to pay for it if you want it fixed and get reimbursed by FCA?! When they already said there’s nothing wrong?I would get another dealership opinion. And maybe a 3rd. Show ‘em the picture and explain it. If I was the service manager, I would at least check into it more before I blew it off.On another note, BCM is just acronym for Body Control Module.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MopaR/T View Post
    Frustrating, for sure. What’s more aggravating about your situation, is the fact they tell you to pay for it if you want it fixed and get reimbursed by FCA?! When they already said there’s nothing wrong?I would get another dealership opinion. And maybe a 3rd. Show ‘em the picture and explain it. If I was the service manager, I would at least check into it more before I blew it off.On another note, BCM is just acronym for Body Control Module.
    Thanks! They didn’t say I would have to pay , they said it would be covered and they wanted to take it in as he said they get paid nicely for warranty work, but he didn’t want to take the car since they hooked something up to the odb and said there is nothing wrong with car.

I’ll give it one more chance before going from dealer to dealer as it’s just brain damage lol... but if it does happen again then I’ll go that route..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    Thanks! They didn’t say I would have to pay , they said it would be covered and they wanted to take it in as he said they get paid nicely for warranty work, but he didn’t want to take the car since they hooked something up to the odb and said there is nothing wrong with car.

I’ll give it one more chance before going from dealer to dealer as it’s just brain damage lol... but if it does happen again then I’ll go that route..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Open a case with fca customer care. Best route to take.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquished View Post
    Open a case with fca customer care. Best route to take.

Thanks.. for sure if it happens ever again... meanwhile at least this thread didn't get locked lol... not sure how that last one got so out of hand... I just shared an article and then my personal opinion and preference lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    Thanks.. for sure if it happens ever again... meanwhile at least this thread didn't get locked lol... not sure how that last one got so out of hand... I just shared an article and then my personal opinion and preference lol
    Not gonna lie. I was trying to push it there.

However I did NOT ask for mod intervention, haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12