Thread: Sinclair Fuel

Post Thanks / Like

Sinclair Fuel

Since I’ve been driving I’m almost exclusively use shell and Chevron for my fill ups. Only with the exception of when there’s nothing else available any of your choice during traveling. That being said there’s a Sinclair near my house in about $.30 a gallon cheaper for premium I have used a couple times back to back don’t really see much of a difference and it’s read as a top-tier fuel. So does anybody have any pros cons experience is good or bad let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol no one uses this fuel? Sinclair Fuel

Post Thanks / Like
    As it was explained to me a couple of years ago by someone in oil production, all the fuels are the same. The only differences are the additives each adds for their fuel blends. The benefits of those additives are highly debatable, but he advised as a consumer we should be more concerned with the actual gas station. He gave these questions to answer:

Is it a new station or were the tanks replaced recently?
    How busy is it?
    Is it well maintained?

Old stations with leaky tanks, low volume of traffic meaning old gas in the tanks, bad maintenance on the pumps all cause more issues that choosing X brand. Moisture and other containments being the two most likely issues with fuel.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8
    Thanks danny25ss thanked for this post
    Likes danny25ss, GTSDart340 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice!

I try to get from the nicer/busier parts of town so I guess that’s a plus.

Thanks for the knowledge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sinclair is listed as a Top Tier fuel, which means it meets all of the manufacturers specifications. Unless, you buy into the various gas companies additives claims, there is no reason not to use it. I do agree with SuperSound about the station condition etc, which I believe is more important than the brand, per se.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, if the station has a food mart, they have other forms of income beside just gas sales. They tend to make enough money to replace the water filters more often than a slower station without a food mart. The actual station really is the most important factor in good gas.
    2016 Charger SRT TorRed Best: ET 12.70, MPH 112.30 (DA 2446ft.), 60ft. (1.95 radials) BBK 85mm, AFE CAI, Johan 91Oct tune. 1/2 Mile: 135.38mph, 1 Mile: 160.0mph; 1.5 mile 170 (let off to avoid breaking out of 170 class)

2008 Caliber SRT4 Inferno Red - SOLD [email protected] (2.327 60 ft.) MS1K v.2, MPx catted DP, K&N drop-in, NGK plugs, RT 180, Mopar hitch, new short block @ 82,000
    2007 300C SRT8 Inferno Red - SOLD [email protected] (2.003 60 ft.) AFE CAI, Predator 93 CAI, Magnaflow gutted high-flow cats, Stack intake spacer, BBK 85mm TB, JET 188, Proxes 4 275/40ZR20
    Likes ODB, danny25ss liked this post