Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ODB View Post
    It could be a ploy since the “announced” breakup of SRT brands incorporated with Stellantis. I honestly don’t think it’s a corporate takeover (well, yes it is), ... but IMO, why fix something that’s not broken? Dodge is killing it as far as muscle!it’s a shakeup to get the rumors ‘going’ to keep our hands on our wallets itching buy at any moment
    while you may be right, I'm not taking that chance LOL.... besides, you know at some point they are all getting pressure to make these stupid electric cars and eventually the government will force the issue upon us. it's like the 70'-80's where they ended big motors. we are lucky they came back and for as long as they did. these people that took over hate big v8's and love electric..... I don't know about you guys, but this is real reason to get a scat quickly and I'll have to explain to the wife that SRT was just destroyed and I cannot chance this. now I need a scat. if this is a ploy to sell, then it will work as I want one anyways so this'll just speed up the process... just can't find any widebody chargers around here....I did find a local dealer though that has 7 WB Challengers with shaker package... which is really cool and while I really want a WB Charger, if I cannot find one a WB Challenger shaker isn't such a bad choice lol here we go...
    '21 DD R/T White/Red/Blacktop, '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...
    Likes ODB, snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yea... Green New Deal battery power form Solar and Wind. Well Texas just got be f"ing wake up call. Just about 50% of the west Texas wind farms are shut down because of the Ice and you looking 25,000 mega watts of power off the grid. My neighbor is probably filling his drawers watching is electric meter spin, currently 13°and dropping, as the solar panels on his roof are not making him 1 watt so to speak due to ice and 5" or more of snow.
    Last edited by hemi_57; 02-21-2021 at 11:07 AM.
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site
    Thanks Heat00 thanked for this post
    Likes snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    Yes I thought so too but I spoke to them late Friday and they were unrealistic with taking back the durango and they are out of town so for that deal I can just do it locally. The real answer is I might have to drive the durango for a while, for 2 reasons.
    1. I'm sure everyone will not offer me enough since the Durango is so new... might not be so bad value wise if I waited a while?
    2. I don't see much inventory ay any dealers locally and with a trade involved I can't really do it out of town. only 1 dealer here has a bunch of widebodys and they are adding premiums to them.

perhaps I should consider a non widebody or a challenger. I really don't want a challenger but they are everywhere locally and a good deal could be had. I almost wouldin't mind a non widebody maybe with dynamics, save 3k and still have 275's all around. I see a lot of non widebodys in stock which means I could get it sooner, save 3k, and probably get a much better deal i.e. no premiums, get the 3k retail cash back et.

any thoughts? I know you went from WB to non WB so I'd love to hear why and your real world assessment.
    Well....a Challenger and a Charger are two totally different cars. You've had a few Chargers and then just had a Challenger WB, although a Shaker would be cool but it's not that much different either.

Concerning the Charger Widebody...it looks mean and aggressive, but I'm not in love with the front bumper design. I think the 2019+ grille with the nostrils looks way better.
    I ordered that WB from the factory and I (probably) regret going with the Triple Nickel. It's okay, but it needed a better color (like Frostbite). The dealer dropped the ball big time on some issues with the car and that really turned me off from it too. There was a scratch and they botched that repair and only made it worse, and then after 3 attempts still couldn't get the alignment right. Dumb stuff, but just ruined the experience for me.
    The body kit fitment wasn't that great either.
    And, I'm not sure why, but it felt slow compared to my current narrow body Scat. The heavier/wider tires were most likely the culprit.

A WB might hold it's value better, but a narrow body (not optioned up like crazy) holds it value pretty decently too & is still a nice car.

Figure out the trade and if that's even possible first, and then see which car you could get a better deal on, IMO. No need to overpay if you don't have to. Either way it'll be a nice car...Challenger Scat or Charger Scat.
    2020 Charger Scat Pack
    Likes Heat00, ODB liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    just get a regular scat, save the money like you said, throw on some 305's/315's and stagger it. not a fan of the widebody either, to me it looks like my truck with fender flares on it...
    2019 Charger Scat Pack ---- 2019 Ford F250 XLT ---- 2021 Lexus RX350 (wifey)
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
    Well....a Challenger and a Charger are two totally different cars. You've had a few Chargers and then just had a Challenger WB, although a Shaker would be cool but it's not that much different either.

Concerning the Charger Widebody...it looks mean and aggressive, but I'm not in love with the front bumper design. I think the 2019+ grille with the nostrils looks way better.
    I ordered that WB from the factory and I (probably) regret going with the Triple Nickel. It's okay, but it needed a better color (like Frostbite). The dealer dropped the ball big time on some issues with the car and that really turned me off from it too. There was a scratch and they botched that repair and only made it worse, and then after 3 attempts still couldn't get the alignment right. Dumb stuff, but just ruined the experience for me.
    The body kit fitment wasn't that great either.
    And, I'm not sure why, but it felt slow compared to my current narrow body Scat. The heavier/wider tires were most likely the culprit.

A WB might hold it's value better, but a narrow body (not optioned up like crazy) holds it value pretty decently too & is still a nice car.

Figure out the trade and if that's even possible first, and then see which car you could get a better deal on, IMO. No need to overpay if you don't have to. Either way it'll be a nice car...Challenger Scat or Charger Scat.
    Interesting... but I just love the wider look and stance and love the 11” rims and tires... but it’s a good point as you are now paying 6k for that package, it’s not cheap... I’m still considering my options

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like

been a while.. how you all doing?

Then it brings up the other question if I got a non wide body, do I get the dynamics ? Dynamic I think it about 3k or half Widebody cost... but you get 275s and slightly wider rims I think? Plus the 6 piston although not sure anymore if that’s really an upgrade that I’ll ever use it need, other than they look cool to me because they are bigger lol... what did you get?

Last edited by Heat00; 02-20-2021 at 06:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi_57 View Post
    Oh yea... Green New Deal battery power form Solar and Wind. Well Texas just got be f"ing wake up call. Just about all west Texas wind farms are shut down because of the Ice and you looking 25,000 mega watts of power off the grid. My neighbor probably filling his drawers watching is electric meter spin, currently 13°, as the solar on his roof is not making him 1 watt so to speak do to ice and 5" or more of snow.
    Do you mean the Texas that has 80% of its power generation coming from natural gas, coal, and nuclear? Or do you mean some other theoretical Texas where more than 7% of their power comes from wind?

Just asking 'cuz the Texas that exists on the planet I live on hasn't replaced a meaningful portion of their power generation with renewable... which makes it really hard to blame renewables for the natural gas supply freezing.

But I mean, yeah, obviously if that 7% of power capacity had been provided by burning dinosaurs then everything would've okay.
    2018 Granite Crystal Hellcat sleeper
    Continental ExtremeContact Sport (315/35R20 rear, 275/40R20 front)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anguish View Post
    Do you mean the Texas that has 80% of its power generation coming from natural gas, coal, and nuclear? Or do you mean some other theoretical Texas where more than 7% of their power comes from wind?

Just asking 'cuz the Texas that exists on the planet I live on hasn't replaced a meaningful portion of their power generation with renewable... which makes it really hard to blame renewables for the natural gas supply freezing.

But I mean, yeah, obviously if that 7% of power capacity had been provided by burning dinosaurs then everything would've okay.
    According to the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), wind power accounted for at least 15.7% of the electricity generated in Texas during 2017, as wind was 17.4% of electricity generated in ERCOT, which manages 90% of Texas's power. ... The wind resource in many parts of Texas is very large.

There were multiple failures... frozen wind turbines, frozen natural gas lines, 1 nuke plant shut down, Biden Admin mandates

Post Thanks / Like
    Then it brings up the other question if I got a non wide body, do I get the dynamics ? Dynamic I think it about 3k or half Widebody cost... but you get 275s and slightly wider rims I think? Plus the 6 piston although not sure anymore if that’s really an upgrade that I’ll ever use it need, other than they look cool to me because they are bigger lol... what did you get?
    Dynamics...it's $2295. My car has/had it, but I wouldn't have opted for it if I had the choice.
    I kind of like the new (for 2020) wheels pictured below, and I would've just thrown some 275 tires on them & called it a day.

I'd skip it and get whatever other options you want instead, while still keeping it reasonably priced.

The flat bottom steering wheel is kind of nice, but not a true necessity. (it's not as thick as a SRT wheel either, btw)
    I'm not a huge fan of the "Daytona" style wheels anymore (because of the bar in-between the spokes) & the 275 tires are nice because they're wider but the Pirellis suck.
    And the 6 piston brakes are overkill, IMO.

That said....I sold off the stock Dynamic wheels/tires, and bought some Hellcat (5 spoke) replicas for summer paired with some (waaaay better) Michelin AS4 275's instead.

Concerning the brakes...the 2021's got a redesign and the base Brembos look waaay better now too (almost like the 6 pistons):

Last edited by snobrdrdan; 02-23-2021 at 04:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

been a while.. how you all doing?

Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
    Dynamics...it's $2295. My car has/had it, but I wouldn't have opted for it if I had the choice.
    I kind of like the new (for 2020) wheels pictured below, and I would've just thrown some 275 tires on them & called it a day.

I'd skip it and get whatever other options you want instead, while still keeping it reasonably priced.

The flat bottom steering wheel is kind of nice, but not a true necessity. (it's not as thick as a SRT wheel either, btw)
    I'm not a huge fan of the "Daytona" style wheels anymore (because of the bar in-between the spokes) & the 275 tires are nice because they're wider but the Pirellis suck.
    And the 6 piston brakes are overkill, IMO.

That said....I sold off the stock Dynamic wheels/tires, and bought some Hellcat (5 spoke) replicas for summer paired with some (waaaay better) Michelin AS4 275's instead.

Concerning the brakes...the 2021's got a redesign and the base Brembos look waaay better now too (almost like the 6 pistons):

All fair points actually... guess if it’s not a Widebody then dynamics isn’t needed. My temporary sinamon sticks had those rims and 4 pots... yes the brakes were fine and not really any dust so powerstops not needed... although it had no traction whatsoever with the 245s... yes I hear you just put 275s on there and it’s basically the same thing.. the rims are way better than my 16 non dynamic wheels but I don’t love them either

I have been looking around and there is basically no local Inventory certainly of wide bodies but even the non wb... barely anything.

I’m hoping that changes soon... lol

I might consider the non Widebody...6k is a good chunk of change on a 40k car lol...

I don’t know but what I do know is I need a 392 soon somehow

Post Thanks / Like
    All fair points actually... guess if it’s not a Widebody then dynamics isn’t needed. My temporary sinamon sticks had those rims and 4 pots... yes the brakes were fine and not really any dust so powerstops not needed... although it had no traction whatsoever with the 245s... yes I hear you just put 275s on there and it’s basically the same thing.. the rims are way better than my 16 non dynamic wheels but I don’t love them either

I have been looking around and there is basically no local Inventory certainly of wide bodies but even the non wb... barely anything.

I’m hoping that changes soon... lol

I might consider the non Widebody...6k is a good chunk of change on a 40k car lol...

I don’t know but what I do know is I need a 392 soon somehow

Sounds like it has finally come full circle I see a sedan in someone’s future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes snobrdrdan, Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric40962005 View Post
    Sounds like it has finally come full circle I see a sedan in someone’s future.

Lol...

I might have just found the perfect solution, the Daytona. It’s a little more than plus package but it still brings some graphics and the upgraded seats plus the black rims I want with 275’s. I just found a frostbite Daytona locally and I think they are asking about 44.... could be the one hahah

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I looked at a Daytona when I got my scat at the time they thought it was some kind of collectors item, so they would budge on price. I actually like it’s seat stitching way better than the regular scat seat. And not a bad color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric40962005 View Post
    Yea I looked at a Daytona when I got my scat at the time they thought it was some kind of collectors item, so they would budge on price. I actually like it’s seat stitching way better than the regular scat seat. And not a bad color.

Yea this is the main color I wanted so it could be a good option.... I need to think about it a little... I had a 17 daytona in white and it was my favorite (looking) of the scat chargers I've owned.... it's only 1000$ more than the plus package on a non WB but you get the slightly nicer interior, the hood, trunk and rear deck wraps (which I know some don't like but I do) and you get the different wheels with 275's and I happen to like them better than the stock non WB and they are true black which I want so this could be a winner LOL.... the brain damage begins again

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast