Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    while I wait for this DD rt
    Why are you "waiting" for this car, btw?
    Is it being built (you ordered it?) or what? You never said

And what color combo/options too?

And I don't think you ever disclosed what was "so good" about this deal that you couldn't turn it down? (if you don't mind me asking)

Just curious about why you seem sort of hyped about it. i.e. is there something I'm missing?
    Not that I'm hating on the Durango, but that you'd rather have that instead of a car you actually want.
    2020 Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    Yeah we're doing alright. About to head east for the holidays. Gonna let the beast sit in the garage for a couple weeks

Went to the track with it today. Local 1/8 mile but it's tacky as heck. Just went to run a few logs to work with. Best was a [email protected] (with the 275's on the front). Not bad, but there's more in it.

Glad you're holding up ok....even though that durango won't last a hot month when you get it hahahaa

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Lmao you’re probably right

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    '21 DD R/T White/Red/Blacktop, '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
    Why are you "waiting" for this car, btw?Is it being built (you ordered it?) or what? You never saidAnd what color combo/options too?And I don't think you ever disclosed what was "so good" about this deal that you couldn't turn it down? (if you don't mind me asking)Just curious about why you seem sort of hyped about it. i.e. is there something I'm missing?Not that I'm hating on the Durango, but that you'd rather have that instead of a car you actually want.
    yes, its being built. long story but to sum it up, through work they are getting the car from their fleet order, and giving it to me and I'll reimburse them their cost... MSRP is close to a SP, call it 50k. If I buy a WB Charger Scat today the way I want it... I'm going to be high 40's anyway you slice it... say MSRP is 51 or 52, there is no way I can leave there after all the bs below the high 40's... DD msrp will be around 49.5 and if I were to buy one of those today at a dealer, probably mid to high 40's at best as they are giving the power dollars on these but even then there are costs that always seems to find their way in...the company ordered a bunch of them and I don't know for sure what my price will be but it should be sub 40.

I got 2 coming, as I asked my son if he wanted to upgrade from his 19 charger gt and as soon as heard that option he took. the downside of this is I have no control over knowing when they will come and I had to take the options they ordered them with, which is rt, blacktop and leather. they are 21's with the new interior and I have a white knuckle with red int and a destroyer grey with black coming. I'm still sorting out which one he wants but it looks like I'll end with the white/red for me lol.

so it's not the vehicle I really wanted as i'd probably at least add the tow n go option to get the exhuast and wheels but I can fix those later, it's the deal that I'm getting which is why I agreed. I should be able to drive it for a year and then it still be worth high 30's so my cost at the end will be almost nothing.

as a comparison, my 19 WB challenger was bought for 47k, then sold almost a year later (granted 30,000 miles) and I got 40k for it. loss of 7k and I got lucky that I sold it that high because used prices were/are up. they offered me 35k on a trade during the Covid lockdown towards a cat.

but at the end, you're probably right... a few months in and I'll probably hate it... at which point I'll just sell it or give it back to them and get a charger lol.. but I figured it was worth a shot just to mix it up and save some cash... after all, my last 5 cars were chargers and challengers lol... i'm in a sinamon stick narrow SP right now at least....
    Last edited by Heat00; 12-21-2020 at 09:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotcha.

So you seem to do alright I'm assuming....so if your son has the (decent/nice) Charger GT already which was low $20k or whatever you paid for it (within the last year IIRC) and you're going to buy 2x ~$40k Durangos instead? Seems like your Hellcat money is/was right there, lol. Just pointing that out
    If he's paying for his Durango though....I take that back.

Concerning the Scat situation though....you should've been easily to get one for ~$40k combined with invoice & power dollars. Definitely under $40k if not a WB, but I know you wanted it/something different. Your Florida dealers suck though, it sounds like.

They sound like decent color combinations though...especially since it's a 2021 with the interior updates & a R/T at least.
    And you're probably right about the resale, UNLESS gas goes up to $5/gallon.

I know you've had the Sinamon Scat as a "loaner"(?)....whose car is that and/or is paying that?

Any ETA on the Durango(s)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotcha.

So you seem to do alright I'm assuming....so if your son has the (decent/nice) Charger GT already which was low $20k or whatever you paid for it (within the last year IIRC) and you're going to buy 2x ~$40k Durangos instead? Seems like your Hellcat money is/was right there, lol. Just pointing that out
    If he's paying for his Durango though....I take that back.

Concerning the Scat situation though....you should've been easily to get one for ~$40k combined with invoice & power dollars. Definitely under $40k if not a WB, but I know you wanted it/something different. Your Florida dealers suck though, it sounds like.

They sound like decent color combinations though...especially since it's a 2021 with the interior updates & a R/T at least.
    And you're probably right about the resale, UNLESS gas goes up to $5/gallon.

I know you've had the Sinamon Scat as a "loaner"(?)....whose car is that and/or is paying that?

Any ETA on the Durango(s)?

well, some of your assumptions are a little off I think. I could not find a WB SP here the way I want (minimal options) for anything less than about 48k. If my DD cost is 38K, then I'm saving $10k off my car, which I added to get my son from his charger, which I paid 24k and is worth 24k a year later, into a 21 DD RT by just adding my $10k saved off new purchase plus $4k out of pocket. so yes, I gave something up (not quite a hellcat but also a SP) which allowed me to get 2 of these lol...

yes, if gas goes crazy the durango is toast but really so is the SP or hellcat LOL... they all average about the same, 14-16 MPG in my household which includes 5 SP's, 1 DD and even the v6 charger only gets about 16.5 lol.

the sinamon stick is just a temporary car, I have to pay the monthly payment until the DD gets here but that's it... consider it like a short term lease.

ETA on Durangos is the part thats killing me... no idea. they dont' know. trucks come with a few every day, just mine haven't shown up yet. it could be tomorrow or it could be next month, I won't know until they're here

after all this, in 3 months if I'm miserable, then I'll just sell it or give it back to them and buy a SP at that time. figured it's worth a shot, even though my last SUV was a disaster (SQ5), I did have a 2015 DD RT that was great and the 21 is way better with the new interior and front/hood etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heat.... that's way to much wheeling and dealing for this old fart. They have offered me $35k trade on 20 and $31+ on a 21. But, I have my 17 just the way I want it.
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site
    Likes Heat00, Scatram liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had a few close calls while I wait for this DD rt lol.... there was the triple nickel and then the indigo... but I'm sitting tight and waiting.. should be here soon and then I have to tinker with it to make it sound like a SP at least..lol...and hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as the last SUV type vehicle... at least I'm in a temporary SP... 2020 sinamon that they let me drive for now.... it has ZERO traction btw with the stock 245's lol.. it's really bad actuallymeanwhile I hope you are all doing well and preparing for a good holiday season....
    Hey Heat! Hope your Season is a great one too and a Happy up coming New Year as well as every on here! Great to hear from all of you guys! Oh and the Eye candy too!!

!
    Last edited by Scatram; 12-23-2020 at 02:10 PM.
    Thanks Heat00 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    hey glad to hear from all of you! The eye candy too!!!!! Hope all of you have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatram View Post
    Hey Heat! Hope your Season is a great one too and a Happy up coming New Year as well as every on here! Great to hear from all of you guys! Oh and the Eye candy too!!

!
    Thanks and to you and all my fam here as well! Dammit I already miss you guys and I haven’t left yet haha....
    btw, I was driving Sinamon on track mode all day today and even stock it’s so much fun and amazing sounding ... I had the radio off all day just listing to her sing... is that wrong lol?

Post Thanks / Like
    well, some of your assumptions are a little off I think. I could not find a WB SP here the way I want (minimal options) for anything less than about 48k. If my DD cost is 38K, then I'm saving $10k off my car, which I added to get my son from his charger, which I paid 24k and is worth 24k a year later, into a 21 DD RT by just adding my $10k saved off new purchase plus $4k out of pocket. so yes, I gave something up (not quite a hellcat but also a SP) which allowed me to get 2 of these lol...

yes, if gas goes crazy the durango is toast but really so is the SP or hellcat LOL... they all average about the same, 14-16 MPG in my household which includes 5 SP's, 1 DD and even the v6 charger only gets about 16.5 lol.

the sinamon stick is just a temporary car, I have to pay the monthly payment until the DD gets here but that's it... consider it like a short term lease.

ETA on Durangos is the part thats killing me... no idea. they dont' know. trucks come with a few every day, just mine haven't shown up yet. it could be tomorrow or it could be next month, I won't know until they're here

after all this, in 3 months if I'm miserable, then I'll just sell it or give it back to them and buy a SP at that time. figured it's worth a shot, even though my last SUV was a disaster (SQ5), I did have a 2015 DD RT that was great and the 21 is way better with the new interior and front/hood etc.
    Well if it works for you, it works....no complaining about that.

Well your WB SP pricing is completely off the wall down there. Mine, ordered from the factory & pretty loaded, had a MSRP of ~$53k.
    After PD and EP and a couple rebates.....I could've had it for $42k, if I was gonna buy it.
    But I leased it for that whole two months ($525/month) & gave it back back and I'm in a regular body Scat Pack which I prefer instead.

I get you're trying to do the logical thing here.....we just miss you & want you back though!
    Come back to the dark side! lol
    Last edited by snobrdrdan; 12-25-2020 at 05:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if it works for you, it works....no complaining about that.

Well your WB SP pricing is completely off the wall down there. Mine, ordered from the factory & pretty loaded, had a MSRP of ~$53k.
    After PD and EP and a couple rebates.....I could've had it for $42k, if I was gonna buy it.
    But I leased it for that whole two months ($525/month) & gave it back back and I'm in a regular body Scat Pack which I prefer instead.

I get you're trying to do the logical thing here.....we just miss you & want you back though!
    Come back to the dark side! lol
    Thanks! That’s some deal. You cannot get a wh scat anywhere here in my part of the state for less than very high 40’s if your lucky. At 42k I’d buy one today , they don’t even give power dollars here these days....

I think about it every day believe me ... I’m doing a search right now lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Here what they look like today around here, no 20’s left and a Wb with no options not even plus group, is 48k with no discounts. Even if they take a few grand off , which they aren’t lately, then add dealer fees and other non sense you aren’t leaving there less than 48-49

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you're not buying right now, but IF you did....you'd have to buy out of state. I've seen some people mention a few dealers willing to deal in Florida though, on the Hellcat site.

Power Dollars don't exist on the 2021's, but there is a $3000 factory rebate though on the Scat Pack & $6000 on the Hellcats. So them not honoring that is 100000% bull****.

https://www.edmunds.com/dodge/charger/2021/deals/

That said, it's too early still. Things can only get better from here if they're already starting off with that much off already.
    Drive the Durango and see what next spring/summer brings for incentives, then kick it around

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you're not buying right now, but IF you did....you'd have to buy out of state. I've seen some people mention a few dealers willing to deal in Florida though, on the Hellcat site.Power Dollars don't exist on the 2021's, but there is a $3000 factory rebate though on the Scat Pack & $6000 on the Hellcats. So them not honoring that is 100000% bull****.https://www.edmunds.com/dodge/charger/2021/deals/That said, it's too early still. Things can only get better from here if they're already starting off with that much off already.Drive the Durango and see what next spring/summer brings for incentives, then kick it around
    exactly my plan... unless this DD doesn't get here soon... there are about a handful of 20's around the state I just looked but they aren't cheap.. most of them have a ton of options that I don't want, like the 3400$ paint package lol... although it looks amazing, it's way too expensive. I hope the DD gets here soon.. and I hope I can stomach driving it for a while... I'm going to rip apart the exhaust and either piece something together with some carven r series and vibrants, or I'll just get a cat back and hopefully that'll keep me content for a bit lol... the corsa and mopar cat back's are really nice sounding... although they ain't cheap either especially times 2 for my son as he'll want whatever I get LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I've noticed that too....there are some EXPENSIVE 2020 Scats still sitting on the dealer lots. I mean like $57-58k, which is insane. At that point, look at a Hellcat, lol.

Then on the other side of the spectrum, there are some base model (non WB) ones too for $41,990 (MSRP).

Granted I know your dealers aren't dealing, but after EP & PD you should be able to get that for mid $30's and then after a year or two....you should be able to get out of it for roughly that same price IMO since they hold their values pretty well.
    I know you wouldn't "settle" for a base, but the car is such a great value for what you get.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast