Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^
    Used car values are high right now because of the shortage due to COVID
    2019 Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
    ^^^
    Used car values are high right now because of the shortage due to COVID
    Idk. The dealer I sold to and bought from has a bunch of new ones. No dealers anywhere seem to stock cars with upgraded audio though. My charger did have Beats, was silver, had the HIDs, blindspot and alcantara.

Still dont get it though. You can get a new Charger or Challenger for Scat for <40k. Why anyone would spend 36/37k for a 2/3 year used one doesn't make sense to me. It did only have 11k miles but still...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Because many people don't do their homework, are impulse buyers, don't no the "Art of the Deal" or are afraid to walk.

My SIL has waited almost a year to buy his Scat Pack. The local dealer could not find his Octane Red with Brass Monkey Wheels plus other options. Found one in Colorado, did the deal over the net/phone. Shipping to Texas was cheapeer that flying and the drive back.
    oemtech - aka Hemi_57
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack

Likes estar1, SuperSound liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So the dealer gave you $40k trade in value for a car they turned around and sold for $37k? Very strange that they'd basically take a $3k loss right off the bat - wonder what they were thinking.

But agree, used prices on Scat Packs are so high that it makes zero sense to not buy new - especially with the Power Dollars rebate going on. Even pre-Covid, I rarely saw one for lower than $30k, regardless of mileage. Today, that still seems to be the case.

Granted, the new Scat Pack you get for $36k today is going to be a base model with no options, and even then, it isn't $36k out the door. Assume you pay MSRP of $41,990, less the $4,850 Power Dollars Rebate, and you're still at over $41k out the door - at least in CA. Even so, I'd happily pay $10k extra for a brand new car with a full warranty over one that's likely been driven hard for 50k+ miles, and with a bit of negotiating you can get that gap down even more.
    Likes snobrdrdan, estar1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoung05 View Post
    So the dealer gave you $40k trade in value for a car they turned around and sold for $37k? Very strange that they'd basically take a $3k loss right off the bat - wonder what they were thinking.

But agree, used prices on Scat Packs are so high that it makes zero sense to not buy new - especially with the Power Dollars rebate going on. Even pre-Covid, I rarely saw one for lower than $30k, regardless of mileage. Today, that still seems to be the case.

Granted, the new Scat Pack you get for $36k today is going to be a base model with no options, and even then, it isn't $36k out the door. Assume you pay MSRP of $41,990, less the $4,850 Power Dollars Rebate, and you're still at over $41k out the door - at least in CA. Even so, I'd happily pay $10k extra for a brand new car with a full warranty over one that's likely been driven hard for 50k+ miles, and with a bit of negotiating you can get that gap down even more.
    Yikes. That sucks, glad I dont live in CA. lol.

My new car was 46700 with 4850 off plus another 2200 off. Special ordered from the factory. Dealer fees of 300 with 50 bucks more. If you have no trade in it would be a lot in taxes depending on your state but if you have a trade it would be very little in taxes.

Idk what the dealer did. My payoff was originally 35k then they pulled it again and got 39k. I traded in a lease so I think it was some sort of shenanigans between the lease co and the dealer or whatever. I got my 1200 in equity from it either way so whatever.

Regardless though, you can easily get a moderately loaded charger or challenger scat for 40k out the door. Granted no dealers near me (or anywhere I looked) had upgraded audio which was a must for me. Even 50k msrp cars didn't have it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquished View Post
    Idk. The dealer I sold to and bought from has a bunch of new ones. No dealers anywhere seem to stock cars with upgraded audio though. My charger did have Beats, was silver, had the HIDs, blindspot and alcantara.

Still dont get it though. You can get a new Charger or Challenger for Scat for <40k. Why anyone would spend 36/37k for a 2/3 year used one doesn't make sense to me. It did only have 11k miles but still...
    I don't get it either, or who's buying them, but you're right....2017+ Charger Scat prices are in the mid to high $30k's, but you could buy a new '20 one for less or a little bit more (depending on options).

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought my 2020 Scat Pack in March 2020, right as this pandemic started. It has the plus package and stickered at $43k. I paid $33k. I had the $4850 rebate and it was discounted a little over $5k.
    Likes snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Back to the OP's original question:
    I traded my 2015 Charger Hellcat in for my 2020 Charger Scat Pack Widebody. The improved cornering difference was immediately noticeable to me, almost as much so as the loss of power. I am glad to have experienced the Hellcat power, but the 200lb weight savings in the front and wider wheels give me better handling with the Widebody.

On the aesthetics note, the Charger Widebody has a much less noticeable "add on" fender flare look than the Challenger Widebody. The front and rear fascias have the fender flares molded into them, which gives a much more "designed" look to the fender flares. IMO, the Charger Widebody is the best looking FCA vehicle.

If you can afford the extra $3,000, IMO, it's a very simple choice.
    Terry

2005 Magnum RT load runner 2.6: Inertia Motorsports 419 Stroker, Predator Tune: 475rwhp & 465rwtq, Crower Cam, Kook's Headers, 3 inch "Custom" Exhaust, Tunable Induction Intake, NAG1-HTC Tranny, 3.55 Gears, 600hp DSS Half-Shafts, TrueFiber Challenger Hood, Enkei Wheels 18"x9", MT 28.00" / 12.00" x 18" radials on rear, Paneled Rear Side Windows, GoManGo Front Seats, Eibach Springs/Dampers, Wilwood Calipers, Rear Wiper Removed, Billet Technology enhancments.
    2019 Octane Red Charger GT
    1999 Plymouth Prowler (yellow) Prowler Pro #11
    2020 Charger Scat Pack Widebody
    Likes ODB, snobrdrdan, SuperSound liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RT NOMAD View Post
    I traded my 2015 Charger Hellcat in for my 2020 Charger Scat Pack Widebody. The improved cornering difference was immediately noticeable to me, almost as much so as the loss of power. I am glad to have experienced the Hellcat power, but the 200lb weight savings in the front and wider wheels give me better handling with the Widebody.

On the aesthetics note, the Charger Widebody has a much less noticeable "add on" fender flare look than the Challenger Widebody. The front and rear fascias have the fender flares molded into them, which gives a much more "designed" look to the fender flares. IMO, the Charger Widebody is the best looking FCA vehicle.

If you can afford the extra $3,000, IMO, it's a very simple choice.
    I saw a Widebody in person for the first time yesterday, up close, and agree that it looks very good - even in plain old Silver. In photos, the fender flares look a bit tacked on, but in person, they seem more integrated. Also, great to hear that the handling improvements are noticeable. Thanks for the feedback!

If cost were not a concern, I probably would've gone with the Widebody. However, I did have to make some compromises somewhere, and unfortunately that's where I chose to draw the line. Also, since I'll be spending some money on the car immediately for things like tint, ceramic coating, and maybe tires, every bit of savings helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RT NOMAD View Post
    That weight difference is exactly why the Scat Pack (in either form) sets faster lap times than the Hellcat on any track that isn't a bunch of straights. Going from a narrow body H/C to WB Scat Pack is a major difference in handling for sure.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jlchoutex View Post
    I bought my 2020 Scat Pack in March 2020, right as this pandemic started. It has the plus package and stickered at $43k. I paid $33k. I had the $4850 rebate and it was discounted a little over $5k.
    Not that you need to get rid of it or should or anything, but look up trade in value & you could possibly flip it for some money! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Dynamics Package vs. Widebody Scat Pack

This is an interesting thread. Today a car came in that I was interested in, it’s a Widebody challenger 50th but it’s sticker is 59k and they added a premium of 5k to it lol. I’m not paying 64k for any scat pack in any form or with any options , ridiculous. Inventory is very limited right now it seems, but for fun I asked him what my trade is worth , we’ll see tomorrow. In March I told him I wanted a cat and they offered me 31k for my challenger Widebody with 20k miles and it has driver confidence, alpine, tech, red brakes, and alcantara lol these dealers 🤦🏻*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123