Post Thanks / Like

Race Ramp question

I'm struggling to get an answer and I'm hoping somone here can helpout. I plan on doing exhaust work on my Hellcat Charger and I just need to know if I purchase the 67" Race Ramps(RR-XT-2)and backon to them is the 10" high that the ramps provide to high for the car, will my front splitter scrape the concrete? How high can you lift the rear of the Charger Hellcat or Scatpact before the front hits the ground?
    Last edited by mkbb; 07-29-2020 at 10:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mkbb View Post
    I'm struggling to get an answer and I'm hoping somone here can helpout. I plan on doing exhaust work on my Hellcat Charger and I just need to know if I purchase the 67" Race Ramps(RR-XT-2)and backon to them is the 10" high that the ramps provide to high for the car, will my front splitter scrape the concrete? How high can you lift the rear of the Charger Hellcat or Scatpact before the front hits the ground?
    Do you have a jack? Maybe you can lift the rear an equivalent amount or until the front scrapes and measure how high that is? I do have the same ramps but I’ve never used them on the rear of my magnum. In the front though, they barely get high enough to do an oil change (the magnum is lowered however). I also have a lowered RSX with a front lip and splitter that I’ve jacked up as high as my jack would go and surprisingly never had the front touch the ground. I personally think you’ll be fine.

You could always put some planks of wood behind the front tires as well to give extra height when backing into the ramps
    Last edited by Jbyron; 07-30-2020 at 10:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a customers Audi R8 I had up on the ramps. Front bumper had good clearance.

2018 Destroyer Grey Charger Scatpack
    Speedlogix Catch Can
    Hellcat Lower Air Box
    Per4mance Development Diff Brace
    Tazer
    Mickey Thompson ET Street Rs

12.03 @ 113.09 1.75 60' Stock Full Weight 3/6/19

Dusterhoff Tuned 445 RWHP 451 RWTQ 4/20/20

Post Thanks / Like
    The back would have to be REALLY high for the front bumper/splitter to touch the ground
    2019 Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a math problem that can be calculated. Measure the clearance you have, how far it is from the center of the front wheels, the wheelbase, and calculate away.
    Likes danny25ss liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005rtmag View Post
    It's a math problem that can be calculated. Measure the clearance you have, how far it is from the center of the front wheels, the wheelbase, and calculate away.
    If I was any good at Math I don't think I would of created this thread What would be the formula for the calculation? Can you please provided an example? Thanks!
    Likes Ultimagic5 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't even know where to start with the math on this, I would just cut up a couple 2x4s and position them so the front wheels climb the 2x4s as the rear is reaching the top of the ramp.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005rtmag View Post
    It’s been far too long since I have done that kind of math problem. Sadly it’s eating at me cus I love mathRace Ramp questionRace Ramp questionRace Ramp question

Hint: For every 2 inches you lift the back, how far does the front drop? Race Ramp question

“I’m going to be honest with you...
    I hate this place, this zoo, this prison, this reality. Whatever you want to call it, I can’t stand it any longer. ITS THE SMELL, IF THERE IS SUCH A THING, I FEEL SATURATED BY IT!”

-Agent Smith

Post Thanks / Like
    Depending on how you measure the height of the spoiler and the distance to the center of the front wheel, use the tangent to calculate the angle in the front.

In any right triangle, the tangent of an angle is the length of the opposite side (O) divided by the length of the adjacent side (A).
    Then, using that angle calculate the length of the opposite side using the wheelbase and the sine of the angle if I remember my math correctly. High school trigonometry. This is not exact but will give you an approximate lift height.

Post Thanks / Like
    I back my Hellcat Charger on to the same race ramps and have no problems, with the 10" rise.

The front bumper is VERY close, but clears, every time.

Bob

LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t have the 67” but I do have 10” height and mine clears. But I have a challenger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by diboblo View Post
    I back my Hellcat Charger on to the same race ramps and have no problems, with the 10" rise. The front bumper is VERY close, but clears, every time. BobLuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    Thanks man, that was the answer I was hoping to hear! Also, thanks for everyone else's input!