Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Future Charger Owner that has a few Questions

Hi all, I had a few questions I wanted to ask to charger owners/enthusiasts as I am thinking of buying a Charger Scat Pack. I currently have a loaded 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie that I love but I am wanting a sports car now. I am going for a charger because I also have a 20 month old.

1. How much do people typically get off of MSRP?
    2. Any time frames for a new redesigned model?
    3. Any features/options that are must haves? Was mulling doing adaptive suspension but is it worth it?
    4. How do these engines take to a supercharger? Will it need built at some point?
    5. Widebody worth it?

Thanks Everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Just traded my 2015 Charger Hellcat for a 2020 Charger Scat Pack Widebody. There a world of difference in cornering feeling.
    Terry

2005 Magnum RT load runner 2.6: Inertia Motorsports 419 Stroker, Predator Tune: 475rwhp & 465rwtq, Crower Cam, Kook's Headers, 3 inch "Custom" Exhaust, Tunable Induction Intake, NAG1-HTC Tranny, 3.55 Gears, 600hp DSS Half-Shafts, TrueFiber Challenger Hood, Enkei Wheels 18"x9", MT 28.00" / 12.00" x 18" radials on rear, Paneled Rear Side Windows, GoManGo Front Seats, Eibach Springs/Dampers, Wilwood Calipers, Rear Wiper Removed, Billet Technology enhancments.
    2019 Octane Red Charger GT
    1999 Plymouth Prowler (yellow) Prowler Pro #11
    2020 Charger Scat Pack Widebody

Post Thanks / Like

Future Charger Owner that has a few Questions

I second the Widebody as must have feature. HK or alpine upgrade is needed too and I like the driver confidence package. My challenger wb was sticker 53 paid about 45-46 about a year ago

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    My ears are shot from 41 years in a power plant.
    The only sound system I need is to improve the greatly lacking exhaust note of this Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    How’s the adaptive suspension on your widebody? Can you tell a difference between modes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dave07 View Post
    How’s the adaptive suspension on your widebody? Can you tell a difference between modes?

Yes and I had a 2019 charger non Widebody before this, the Widebody helps a lot with handling and it has the hellcat suspension pieces plus 20x11 on all 4 corners.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all, I had a few questions I wanted to ask to charger owners/enthusiasts as I am thinking of buying a Charger Scat Pack. I currently have a loaded 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie that I love but I am wanting a sports car now. I am going for a charger because I also have a 20 month old.

1. How much do people typically get off of MSRP?
    2. Any time frames for a new redesigned model?
    3. Any features/options that are must haves? Was mulling doing adaptive suspension but is it worth it?
    4. How do these engines take to a supercharger? Will it need built at some point?
    5. Widebody worth it?

Thanks Everyone!

1. This is highly subjective and depends more on time of year, how picky you are about color/option/etc..., and if you are willing to travel for a deal. I would say a good deal is around $4K off MSRP, but again this is subject to the items I listed.

2. Not at this point. A redesign is probably going to be at least MY22 or 23.

3. IMO, the tech package is a must have because I love my adaptive cruise. Others would say the dynamics package (if not going WB route). Skip NAV if all possible, just not worth it. Adaptive suspension is nice, but car rides very well on base suspension compared to Mustangs and Camaros. In fact it rides worlds better than my Camaro did.

4. No not really. Others with experience can chime in here, but as I understand fuel and pistons are not up to spec for a real S/C. It can and has been done, but you are playing with a loaded gun basically. If you want a S/C, get a Hellcat and save time and money in the long run.

5. This is another subjective one. The question is, is it worth it to you? The standard body handling, even on 245 A/S tires will be a huge difference from your RAM. If you aren't in tracking a car, or have never had a real performance car...then IMO the WB handling improvements will be wasted. You will never drive either variant within 9/10s of their limits on the street. On the track is another story. Now if you really like the looks of the WB over the standard, then that's all the reason you need. Everything else will be icing on top. Just don't go buy a WB for a DD when a standard one would do for a lot less money.

I had a current gen Camaro SS before I got my SP. I can tell you without a doubt, I don't notice the reduction in handling between the two just cruising or having some fun on back roads. I can elaborate more, but I think you get the picture.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
    1. This is highly subjective and depends more on time of year, how picky you are about color/option/etc..., and if you are willing to travel for a deal. I would say a good deal is around $4K off MSRP, but again this is subject to the items I listed.

3. IMO, the tech package is a must have because I love my adaptive cruise. Others would say the dynamics package (if not going WB route). Skip NAV if all possible, just not worth it. Adaptive suspension is nice, but car rides very well on base suspension compared to Mustangs and Camaros. In fact it rides worlds better than my Camaro did.

4. No not really. Others with experience can chime in here, but as I understand fuel and pistons are not up to spec for a real S/C. It can and has been done, but you are playing with a loaded gun basically. If you want a S/C, get a Hellcat and save time and money in the long run.

5. This is another subjective one. The question is, is it worth it to you? The standard body handling, even on 245 A/S tires will be a huge difference from your RAM. If you aren't in tracking a car, or have never had a real performance car...then IMO the WB handling improvements will be wasted. You will never drive either variant within 9/10s of their limits on the street. On the track is another story. Now if you really like the looks of the WB over the standard, then that's all the reason you need. Everything else will be icing on top. Just don't go buy a WB for a DD when a standard one would do for a lot less money.

I had a current gen Camaro SS before I got my SP. I can tell you without a doubt, I don't notice the reduction in handling between the two just cruising or having some fun on back roads. I can elaborate more, but I think you get the picture.
    Thanks for the reply! You make some very valid points. What made you go from the Camaro to the Charger?

I have the adaptive cruise on my Ram, and it’s one feature I use daily and really love. I am not sure if I want it on a muscle car though.

I really have a lot of decision making to do. I kind of have more questions now than I started. I feel like I need to set my goals for this car and go from there.

Likes SuperSound liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply! You make some very valid points. What made you go from the Camaro to the Charger?

I have the adaptive cruise on my Ram, and it’s one feature I use daily and really love. I am not sure if I want it on a muscle car though.

I really have a lot of decision making to do. I kind of have more questions now than I started. I feel like I need to set my goals for this car and go from there.

Practicality. The Camaro is a true sports car, just enough room and storage for you and maybe a friend. I found myself rarely driving it because it didn't have enough room for DD duties. It would be great as a second car.

Adaptive you will probably still like on the charger. My camaro had magnetic ride control, and was helpful since it did not ride smooth at all with run flat tires.

Find out what you have to have and go test drive a few options. Then we can probably answer more of your questions.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely stated sir....

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s funny, I went from an all wheel drive to my Daytona. I did notice the difference though for such a large car these boats still handle well. Not gonna say I have taken to the ragged edge yet but I have pushed it pretty hard and so far have not been dissatisfied. Well except for the TCS, that rants on another thread. Future Charger Owner that has a few Questions

If I had the time and was willing to roll the dice on the car I got rid of I woulda waited for the WB. It’s just a sexy beast! And with the extra rubber no debate.

I find that is the one thing lacking on mine traction!!! I know if I didn’t have the 275’s I would hate my car. It still breaks loose for a cool minute if I’m trying to pass and it hard downshifts. Especially on ramps Future Charger Owner that has a few Questions

The ride is great with these I mean it’s a performance sedan not a towncar!

I have used probably 75% of my car. Haven’t tracked it strip or road but I have made some mods in preparation. Need to get wheels and tires for the rear for sure. As for the street I lean on it almost every day just cus it’s so damn fun to see the front end lift.

Future Charger Owner that has a few QuestionsFuture Charger Owner that has a few QuestionsFuture Charger Owner that has a few QuestionsFuture Charger Owner that has a few QuestionsFuture Charger Owner that has a few QuestionsFuture Charger Owner that has a few QuestionsFuture Charger Owner that has a few QuestionsFuture Charger Owner that has a few Questions

I also haven’t done any power additions yet still up in the air on what I want.

There are so many great points stated in the above.

Best thing to think about is exactly what was said, “Don’t waste your money!”

And don’t under buy cus you’ll chase it forever too. I know a HC was too much for a DD but I want a little extra for play time Future Charger Owner that has a few Questionsthe struggle is real!

Drive both WB and standard and don’t be afraid to lean on it and see what feels better.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 16 scat pack...and I’m planning on getting a Ram next year. I manage to cram 3 kids in the back (15,13, 2.5 year olds) in the back. Here is my suggestions for you.

* if your planning to use the car seat in the back...especially in the center rear, it will eat up room on both sides of the rear seats
    * the sloping rear headroom does make it a bit awkward when getting in and out each time...so watch your head
    * the car is low compared to a suv or truck...so get ready to bend down a lot with that car seat
    * I have had reports from the kids in the back that they feel the turns a lot more in the back
    * I have the bilstein standard shocks...it’s a lot stiffer. I don’t know how the adaptive shocks work on softening the ride
    * be extremely aware of those parking concrete stops...you can scratch the crap out if your front end.
    * since the car has only 4 inches of clearance, I do scratch the bottom front end going up a hill, speed humps, sometimes my driveway.

With that said, I love my Charger...had it for 4 years...and I can’t wait until it’s paid off, so I can get back into a Ram ( had a 2012 ram from 2012-2016)

Hope this info helps

16 Dodge Charger scat pack
    Likes dave07 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say a good deal is around $4K off MSRP
    No, no, no....you can do better than that.
    The "Power Dollars" rebate alone is $4850 (off MSRP) on the Scat Pack right now.

I'd say around $7-8k off MSRP (depending on the price), total, should be doable with that rebate.
    You could/might qualify for other incentives though to save even more...maybe Employee pricing? Friends & family? Military? Etc...
    2019 Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arod412 View Post
    * I have the bilstein standard shocks...it’s a lot stiffer. I don’t know how the adaptive shocks work on softening the ride
    Agreed on the standard Bilsteins....but they're not crazy stiff.
    The Adaptive suspension can be set softer than those though, if you prefer.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can get an R/T loaded out with the options you want and supercharge it to 6-7psi for 100-125HP gain and enjoy SP like power. The Edelbrock E-Force runs silent if keeping it from sounding like a street rod every time you pedal it a little. Save several $K if you do the install yourself.
    So price the diff including k without install for a blower.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast