Post Thanks / Like

For anyone with a higher stall converter

I'm curious about something and I'll word it as easy to understand. (My brain runs like a cracked out hamster on a turbo compressor sometimes)

For anyone who has a higher stall converter installed, did you maintain your electric lock for highway cruising or did you do away with it?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by punisher69; 05-23-2020 at 07:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    https://i.imgur.com/RmZG0mW.mp4

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
    2005 Brilliant Black 300C
    Qtp dual oval cutouts, LegMaker True V2 CAI
    ZAuto Tranzformer, Diablo Trinity 93 canned tune, Hoosier Dr2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blistering View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/RmZG0mW.mp4

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
    Most days that's exactly it lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Lock the dang converter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Charger Scat Pack/LMI Intake/3.70 gears/Longtube headers/Borla Atak/Active exhaust delete/Hemifever Tuning

Post Thanks / Like
    When I put my FTI converter in my nag. I asked the tech guy if it features normal lock-up. He said it does. It does lock up. I dont know who tuned your car but if converter does not lock up or apply, you will check engine light for Torque Converter Clutch Control Circuit. Did tuner tune out control?

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you talking about a converter for an HP70 ?

Post Thanks / Like
    It's an HP70 based built trans. I don't have a code, so I'm presuming the builder turned it off in the tune. It locks at 3200ish but I'm not running those RPMS on the highway and the TC is making waaaay more heat than it needs to.

I just bought 4 credits from HP, so I'll apply them later on and take a better look at the settings.

It should be a simple change, but nothing with this car has been simple.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    It's an HP70 based built trans. I don't have a code, so I'm presuming the builder turned it off in the tune. It locks at 3200ish but I'm not running those RPMS on the highway and the TC is making waaaay more heat than it needs to.

I just bought 4 credits from HP, so I'll apply them later on and take a better look at the settings.

It should be a simple change, but nothing with this car has been simple.

I know lock up on the stock converter is tunable RPM wise. my Procharged Scat had lock up delayed in the TCM tune so I could leave under boost which was great at the track but I didn't like the 'loose' feeling on the street. seems lock up RPM in the TCM may be a good place to start looking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MXS67454 View Post
    I know lock up on the stock converter is tunable RPM wise. my Procharged Scat had lock up delayed in the TCM tune so I could leave under boost which was great at the track but I didn't like the 'loose' feeling on the street. seems lock up RPM in the TCM may be a good place to start looking.
    I have a stock read from a 16 SP I'll be comparing with before I make any changes.

At 850+ to the wheels, I like that I can leave the line like I do, and in town it behaves wonderfully. I just need something when cruising above 65mph, which IIRC is how the stock one sets by instead of RPM's.