Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Caramel/Black Interior Option

I have a very pressing question I have regarding the caramel/black interior option on the 2020 Scat Pack.

I placed a factory order for a scat pack with this interior. Dodge website shows this interior option includes the same caramel/black on the door panels as well (attachment), not just the seats.

But as I see other scat packs with this new interior, the door panels are all black. So now I'm confused. Does this interior option include the door panels as well or just the seats?

I'll be very upset of my door panels on my factory order are not the way they show it on the website. What can I do?Screenshot_20200519-214629_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you need to be prepared to be upset. Unless it's just a supplier issue on these early cars that will be corrected during production, you're gonna get black door panels. There's a bunch on cars.com with caramel interiors and every one has the black door panels. I don't like it either but just the way it is right now.

When it comes in and if they are black you can complain to the dealer and show them the screenshot from the Dodge website, demand they do something and see what they say. Maybe they will give you a credit or something and then you can get them done yourself. If those inserts on the door panels come out then shouldn't be hard for a trim shop to recover them.

Or you can just refuse the car as you are under no obligation when it comes in out of spec and they should give your deposit back.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not call the dealer and ask them now before hand?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBL.DWN View Post
    Why not call the dealer and ask them now before hand?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    I've already asked, still no response from them yet.. I think they know, but don't want me to cancel the order.

Thanks DBL.DWN thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that really worth cancelling over? Just sayin'

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Likes snobrdrdan, GTSDart340 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Bone View Post

I was thinking the same thing. Some people are so picky...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    1949 International KB2 "Mater" 302/T5

1968 Dodge Dart GTS "The Drat", 340/727

1972 Dodge D200, 318/727, soon 440/518

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T the "Wagnum", 5.7/auto

2016 Dodge Durango Limited, 3.6/auto

Oh Drat! Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Part out? Lol

Used to own a Ram 1500, Current owner of a Dodge Charger scat pack
    Likes POWERMAN liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So if you ordered a red car and the car was put in as burgundy instead, you wouldn't cancel?? I ordered based on what the website build showed me. And by Not color coordinating the door panel as specified in the website, this is a big deal, especially if i have to pay for new door panels. Some people just want what they ordered. Its the principle.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can see making a deal over it. Its a lot of money to lay out for something that's not what you wanted. Especially since you ordered it specifically that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly there’s a huge principle in the matter.

If you order and pay for an all meat pizza and get a cheese or veggie wtf right or the opposite.

It’s not that fact that it’s a pizza or a car it’s the principle you paid for all meat or tan accents.

So better get them or it’s not right and needs to be fixed or refused.

Just my .02 I agree fix it or refuse it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I agree that you should get what you paid for and all the meat on your pizzas, etc.
    I'm saying this is a helluva a car and those door panels don't really mean sh!t in the big picture. If you would walk away over that, then maybe you are in this for the wrong reasons. Life is too short to get hung up on small stuff like this. But if every time you get in this car and the first thing you do is look at those doors and get pissed, by all means consider another plan. Hopefully, the car will come in with the tan inserts and all will be good. 1st world problems lol

Last edited by Knuckle Bone; 05-21-2020 at 10:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I agree that you should get what you paid for and all the meat on your pizzas, etc.
    I'm saying this is a helluva a car and those door panels don't really mean sh!t in the big picture. If you would walk away over that, then maybe you are in this for the wrong reasons. Life is too short to get hung up on small stuff like this. But if every time you get in this car and the first thing you do is look at those doors and get pissed, by all means consider another plan. Hopefully, the car will come in with the tan inserts and all will be good. 1st world problems lol

True that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Knuckle Bone liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input. Still waiting on a factory order is excruciating. I dont think I'm considering walking or canceling because of this, but I do plan to use this interior discrepancy as leverage on the selling price, free oil changes or something..

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know if Scat Packs that you saw that didn’t have the tan door inserts were 2020’s?
    Terry

2005 Magnum RT load runner 2.6: Inertia Motorsports 419 Stroker, Predator Tune: 475rwhp & 465rwtq, Crower Cam, Kook's Headers, 3 inch "Custom" Exhaust, Tunable Induction Intake, NAG1-HTC Tranny, 3.55 Gears, 600hp DSS Half-Shafts, TrueFiber Challenger Hood, Enkei Wheels 18"x9", MT 28.00" / 12.00" x 18" radials on rear, Paneled Rear Side Windows, GoManGo Front Seats, Eibach Springs/Dampers, Wilwood Calipers, Rear Wiper Removed, Billet Technology enhancments.
    2019 Octane Red Charger GT
    1999 Plymouth Prowler (yellow) Prowler Pro #11
    2020 Charger Scat Pack Widebody

Post Thanks / Like
    The caramel interior is a new interior option for 2020 scatpacks. So every 2020 scatpack I've seen with this interior, all had black door panels. But building it online at @dodge.com, the build shows caramel and black door panels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast