Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Any 275/40/20 tire recommendations?

Looking for some tire recommendations for daily driver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Black ones...
    sorry I’m a dad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Tikibeast thanked for this post
    Likes SkimFree, snobrdrdan, piening2150 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Gonna need more info. Nice weather only? Rain? Snow? What do you want from them? Max performance? Handling? Tread life a factor? Price range? All factors to consider.
    '17 Destroyer Gray Charger Daytona 392

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice weather, rain. No snow, longer tread life is what I’m looking for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Continental DWS 06 is a good all around tire. Firehawk Indy 500s are good too if it stays above 50 where you are.

Post Thanks / Like
    For daily driving I got me some Continental Extreme Contact DWS.. picked some up earlier in the year and threads are still strong.. has a 40k or 45k treadwear warranty as well. Tried Nitto, Michelin, Sumitomo, Pirelli had to change them out after a year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Likes diboblo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vbt View Post
    For daily driving I got me some Continental Extreme Contact DWS.. picked some up earlier in the year and threads are still strong.. has a 40k or 45k treadwear warranty as well. Tried Nitto, Michelin, Sumitomo, Pirelli had to change them out after a year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    That's what I'm running too, great tires! Quiet, great treadwear too. I've had mine for about a year and a half and they're still in great shape.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    1949 International KB2 "Mater" 302/T5

1968 Dodge Dart GTS "The Drat", 340/727

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T the "Wagnum", 5.7/auto

2016 Dodge Durango Limited, 3.6/auto

Oh Drat! Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKnucklePete View Post
    Black ones...
    sorry I’m a dad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was going to suggest "round ones" lol

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piening2150 View Post
    Continental DWS 06 is a good all around tire.
    ^^^
    This
    2019 Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    It really comes down to location, weather and how much your wallet will allow for. Do you want just standard touring tires that will last longer than the car or do you want performance tires? Asking for recommendations for a daily driver is pretty vague.

I'm in Florida, so my particular needs are a performance summer tire that is fantastic in the rain. My personal favorites are the Conti Extreme Contact Sport, The Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 and the BFG G-Force Sport Comp-2.

The Conti's are pricey, usually around 275~285/tire but they're worth every penny if you can justify the cost. They're quiet, sticky and most important for me, are absolutely awesome when the sky opens up, as it does pretty regularly in the summer here. If treadlife is what you seek, get the Continentals.

The Firestones are a a great tire that are relatively inexpensive and while they seem to wear a bit faster, they're awesome down to about 4/32's. That's where they start to get a bit loud and lose some of their wet weather grip. You can usually find them for about $200 and change.

If the BFG's weren't so damned loud, they would be absolutely incredible. The do fantastic in the rain and dry traction is really quite good. All 3 of these tires have 340 treadwear and AA Traction, but the BFG feels like it's a 500 treadwear tire just due to the road noise. Regardless of the noise, I still love them.

I'm currenty running Nitto 555G2's and they've been pretty good. They're quiet and they seem to be wearing rather well for as much as I drive. The do ok in the rain, but in the really hard stuff, they tend to follow the water and sometimes feel a bit squirrely at freeway speeds.

When the Nittos are done, I'll probably go back to the Firestones, unless I decide to pony up for the Conti's.

A couple of guys mentioned the Conti DWS's, which are superb if you need an all season high performance tire. Luckily the weather here in Florida precludes the need for an all season tire.
    Last edited by PaulMc; 04-28-2020 at 03:10 PM.
    Paul
    16 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI carbon fiber CAI, catch can, 19 grille, Ikon Rear Diffuser, Vertini RF 1.3 20x10/20x11, Tazer

Likes TripleNickel392 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Falken:
    ZE950
    Pro G4
    Pro G5
    Azenis.... But then again, I'm kinda Biased

Post Thanks / Like
    More bias....

Sumitomo:
    HTR Z5
    HTR P02
    HTR A/S

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone I will most likely try the dws 06. BLAKJAC I’ve currently been using the falken ze950 and love them until you get some miles on them and they become loud. Have you had any issues with them being noisy? Also wearing weird on back wheels?

Post Thanks / Like
    I do notice them getting a bit noisy when worn. I hang the tail out on some of the sweeping on and off ramps. So I'm the primary source of wearing in the rears.

I say that I'm biased because I work for the company.
    Likes Mopar300srt8 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Heard a lot of good things about the Firestone Indy 500s and that's what I'll be going with.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast