Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblnmn View Post
    I went with Michelin PS4S for 3 seasons and Blizacks for winter......
    How is the handling with the PS4S.I wonder it they are over kill ?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    2015 GC SRT redline/red vapor
    2003 SVT Cobra w/ Kenne Bell

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkls1 View Post
    How is the handling with the PS4S.I wonder it they are over kill ?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    I think they are worth every penny, the handing and feel is amazing and they spoil you when comparing to any other summer tire. I ran 275/40 up front and 305/35 in the rear.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.91 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 305/35/20 & 275/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the PS4S, night and day from the stock Firestones I had. They're incredible in the rain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey BM_SRT, did you run those 305 on 9.5inch rim? Or did you get 10's

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vbt View Post
    Hey BM_SRT, did you run those 305 on 9.5inch rim? Or did you get 10's

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    10".

Last edited by BM_SRT; 05-25-2020 at 03:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    BM I wish they made pilot sports in 295. After my last car had a set I was so impressed I would spend the coin no questions. Unfortunately Michelin doesn't make them in the sizes I need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Z View Post
    BM I wish they made pilot sports in 295. After my last car had a set I was so impressed I would spend the coin no questions. Unfortunately Michelin doesn't make them in the sizes I need.
    They do make a 295, but what exact sizes are you running?

HWDan is offline 2005 Magnum RT amd 2017 Charger SRT 392!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone considering drag radials and had the Nitto 555R's in mind (or need replacing), Nitto released an updated 555RII (R compound street/drag radial) for 2020 that now come in more sizes, especially 275/40R20 106W XL which better matches the factory spec unlike the 555R's. They do have 305's as well, but those appear to be 4 lbs heavier.

I've got my eye on these (and a pair of repro wheels), for when all this COVID stuff settles down a bit more.

NT555RII D.O.T.-Compliant Competition Drag Radial Tire | Nitto Tire
    Last edited by HWDan; 05-26-2020 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Sp
    Hot Wheel Dan

2005 Magnum RT and 2017 Charger SRT Maximum Steel!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMc View Post
    It really comes down to location, weather and how much your wallet will allow for. Do you want just standard touring tires that will last longer than the car or do you want performance tires? Asking for recommendations for a daily driver is pretty vague. I'm in Florida, so my particular needs are a performance summer tire that is fantastic in the rain. My personal favorites are the Conti Extreme Contact Sport, The Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 and the BFG G-Force Sport Comp-2. The Conti's are pricey, usually around 275~285/tire but they're worth every penny if you can justify the cost. They're quiet, sticky and most important for me, are absolutely awesome when the sky opens up, as it does pretty regularly in the summer here. If treadlife is what you seek, get the Continentals. The Firestones are a a great tire that are relatively inexpensive and while they seem to wear a bit faster, they're awesome down to about 4/32's. That's where they start to get a bit loud and lose some of their wet weather grip. You can usually find them for about $200 and change. If the BFG's weren't so damned loud, they would be absolutely incredible. The do fantastic in the rain and dry traction is really quite good. All 3 of these tires have 340 treadwear and AA Traction, but the BFG feels like it's a 500 treadwear tire just due to the road noise. Regardless of the noise, I still love them. I'm currenty running Nitto 555G2's and they've been pretty good. They're quiet and they seem to be wearing rather well for as much as I drive. The do ok in the rain, but in the really hard stuff, they tend to follow the water and sometimes feel a bit squirrely at freeway speeds. When the Nittos are done, I'll probably go back to the Firestones, unless I decide to pony up for the Conti's. A couple of guys mentioned the Conti DWS's, which are superb if you need an all season high performance tire. Luckily the weather here in Florida precludes the need for an all season tire.
    This is great and very accurate... I would only add that I'm in Florida too and while we don't "need" and all Season, I am very much considering the AS just for the extra life. After 4 scat packs and 100,000 miles I've been through a lot of tires on this car including 2 sets of indy 500's, 1 set of conti extreme contact, general gmax and my current cooper rsg, all summers and they all only lasted about 12-14k. my problem with the summer tires is that they wear very quickly and after about half their life I have found while they still have tread, they don't have any traction left. my coopers have actually lasted the longest as they are now 12.5K miles and I measured about 4/32 left but they have no grab left... so if traction is gone quickly anyways, my thinking is to get the all season and hope they go maybe to 20 or 25k LOL.... but I'm not expert and I'm torn... I now have a widebody challenger so I'm looking at 305's which narrows the options but they do have a cooper or BFG all season both reasonably priced that I'm considering... or I have to goto 315's which also scares me I don't want rubbing or other issues as they have a lot more options in that size including the dws06's... Many I've just confused myself again and don't know what to do LOL
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    This is great and very accurate... I would only add that I'm in Florida too and while we don't "need" and all Season, I am very much considering the AS just for the extra life. After 4 scat packs and 100,000 miles I've been through a lot of tires on this car including 2 sets of indy 500's, 1 set of conti extreme contact, general gmax and my current cooper rsg, all summers and they all only lasted about 12-14k. my problem with the summer tires is that they wear very quickly and after about half their life I have found while they still have tread, they don't have any traction left. my coopers have actually lasted the longest as they are now 12.5K miles and I measured about 4/32 left but they have no grab left... so if traction is gone quickly anyways, my thinking is to get the all season and hope they go maybe to 20 or 25k LOL.... but I'm not expert and I'm torn... I now have a widebody challenger so I'm looking at 305's which narrows the options but they do have a cooper or BFG all season both reasonably priced that I'm considering... or I have to goto 315's which also scares me I don't want rubbing or other issues as they have a lot more options in that size including the dws06's... Many I've just confused myself again and don't know what to do LOL
    I don't see Michelin PS4S on that list, problem solved .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BM_SRT View Post
    I don't see Michelin PS4S on that list, problem solved .Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I hear you but almost double the price is a tough one for me... I guess if they last twice as long then it's the same thing but will they really go 25k? most summers make it 12-15 tops (just my experience and conditions) so if the ps4 doesn't go much longer than it might not be worth it... i don't know, I haven't met a tire yet for any of my 4 scat packs that has traction and/or life LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, Those Michelin's are pricey..
    Paul
    16 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI carbon fiber CAI, catch can, 19 grille, Ikon Rear Diffuser, Vertini RF 1.3 20x10/20x11, Tazer

Likes snobrdrdan, Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMc View Post
    Man, Those Michelin's are pricey..
    I know, it still stings when I remember that I sold the car with the 305s at 8/32.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    I hear you but almost double the price is a tough one for me... I guess if they last twice as long then it's the same thing but will they really go 25k? most summers make it 12-15 tops (just my experience and conditions) so if the ps4 doesn't go much longer than it might not be worth it... i don't know, I haven't met a tire yet for any of my 4 scat packs that has traction and/or life LOL
    I don't know either, I keep either getting nails or selling the car before I make it through them. I was hoping for about 25k miles. I have a set now on the Lexus so those should get a higher mileage on a lighter, less powerful car. They do tend to keep their traction longer as they wear.

Are they really 2x the price though? 305s from any decent brand aren't that cheap to begin with.

Post Thanks / Like

Any 275/40/20 tire recommendations?

I just went with the kumho ps91 in 275’s
    It’s a summer tire and I’m picking up 2/10 on the zero to 60 over the stock Goodyear rsa 245’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast