Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    Yeah, she's home. Front bumper is off right now while I gather the parts for a trans cooler. The stock one is blocked by the top of the intercooler and isn't getting any air at highway speeds. With a 3200 stall, the trans fluid gets a little warm lol

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I'm just glad to hear the nightmare is over. Have you eyeballed the Frankencooler thread for some trans cooler ideas?
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/40/20 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s, otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibeast View Post
    I'm just glad to hear the nightmare is over. Have you eyeballed the Frankencooler thread for some trans cooler ideas?
    Not to hijack, but Simon and I have been visiting this situation. I read his fantastic write up about his B&M install and I'll be doing a very similar install tomorrow.

Space behind the bumper is my biggest obstacle. With the intercooler and the "Cyclops eye", I had to be quite particular in sizing the cooler and TRYING to stay budget conscious at the same time. The build budget has been more than spent.

Even though I understand this is an "insurance policy" on a multi-thousand dollar trans, making my wife understand that is a different game entirely lol.

Likes PaulMc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't regret getting my SP at all. For a good while, I was kinda pining for a HC, but after almost pulling the trigger a couple times, I realized that for me, living in Virginia (probably the worst State in the Union for unreasonable penalties for speeding), the SP is my perfect vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    Not to hijack, but Simon and I have been visiting this situation. I read his fantastic write up about his B&M install and I'll be doing a very similar install tomorrow.

Space behind the bumper is my biggest obstacle. With the intercooler and the "Cyclops eye", I had to be quite particular in sizing the cooler and TRYING to stay budget conscious at the same time. The build budget has been more than spent.

Even though I understand this is an "insurance policy" on a multi-thousand dollar trans, making my wife understand that is a different game entirely lol.

Show her the price of a new transmission and the price of the cooler and tell her to take her pick. That was basically how I explained it to my wife when I bought my oil coolers for my engine and my trans...I mistakenly sat something heavy on top of one of them so I need to get around to getting it pressure tested before I install them finally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibeast View Post
    Show her the price of a new transmission and the price of the cooler and tell her to take her pick. That was basically how I explained it to my wife when I bought my oil coolers for my engine and my trans...I mistakenly sat something heavy on top of one of them so I need to get around to getting it pressure tested before I install them finally.
    I think the one I bought will work. If it doesn't, at least the plumbing will already be there for a better (read "more expensive one") and she'll be on board with the $$$.

Poor woman is still in shock over the cost of the build and I'm not trying to live in the car Do you regret not getting a higher performance model?

Post Thanks / Like
    Good reads on this thread! I can say very happy with the 18 SP. but could be tempted real easy for the HC if I ever stumbled in to a real good deal!

Post Thanks / Like
    No way. Love my Scat Pack. You can hardly keep the rubber on the payment yet alone add more HP. I've taken On several hellcats on light to light racing and win every single time. Like some one said earlier it would be pure lust but am sure my Scat is much better day to day
    Likes Scatram, Heat00 liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123