Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I first heard they were coming out with a WB Charger, I was like "great, I'm going to fall in love with it, and I'll have to get one". Well honest to God they are not doing it for me. IMO, the non-WB model with Dynamics Package wheels (or larger) looks way better. But ironically, I feel the WB Challenger does look way better than its original non-WB variant. Go figure, and this is of course just my feeling on esthetics. I've go the Dynamics wheels on my Charger, and I would love to have much more rubber on the road, but I guess I'll just go staggered some day instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly believe the WB Challenger looks the worst in terms of obviously bolt on flare look. The Charger at least has a front and rear bumper that flows with the flares.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like
    What really grinds my gears is that buyers are potentially shelling out upwards of $100k on a car that has still has incandescent interior lighting. One would think that LED lighting should be standard on any car that costs north of $40k. For less than $20 and about 20 minutes of labor, I replaced 95% of my interior lighting with LED. Sh*t, even my girlfriend's $25k Hyundai has LED interior bulbs. Cheap b*stards... /rant
    Paul
    16 Charger Scat Pack
    HC airbox/tube, catch can, 19 grille, Ikon Rear Diffuser, Vertini RF 1.3 20x10/20x11, Tazer

Likes snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^
    Yeah, it's pretty silly and very disappointing.

The "Plus Group" adds overhead LED lighting though, BUT it's not white lighting like most cars/LEDs....it's yellowy to match the halogen bulbs unfortunately

It'd look more modern though with some white/crisp LED's for sure
    2019 Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Would you look at that ass!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
    I honestly believe the WB Challenger looks the worst in terms of obviously bolt on flare look. The Charger at least has a front and rear bumper that flows with the flares.
    Yes but please remember you also get a host of other upgrades...

And they do help, check out this article:

The 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody Is the Best Challenger | News | Cars.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post

The 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody Is the Best Challenger | News | Cars.com

IMHO, that's the best looking MOPAR ever. Heck, I think that's the sweetest looking muscle/sports car ever, and I'm a car geek from when I was a little boy.
    Thanks Heat00 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post

Was not saying anything about the package, just the looks. But when a reviewer posts something like this, I pretty much dismiss everything they have to say.

"And there’s no comparison that the R/T Scat Pack Widebody is a superior handling car against the 245-mm-wide version, which is about as reluctant turning into corners as a toddler is getting into a car seat after being given the purple bottle instead of the red one."

Firstly, the 245mm SP turns better handling numbers than a 3 series (not a M) BMW. You don't hear people saying that **** above about a 3 series do you? So pretty clear the writer of that article has his head up his ass about what good handling is.

I have owned both within a few years and can tell you that 99% of people never get close to pushing these cars to their limits, unless they are on a track. Even then most take lots of practice to feel confident enough to push the car. Just using C&Ds test numbers, my BMW pulled 0.87g, the Charger 0.91g. The Charger also stops almost 40 ft soon from 70 too despite weighing the 1000lbs weight difference.

I can tell you I never felt the BMW was "reluctant" in any turn at any sort of reasonable speed. It was quite clear to me it would require me to push the car to insane speeds on the street to get it to the limit. Next I got my '17 Camaro SS which is universally acknowledged to be far superior to any of the LXs on the track. Again I had the same impression as the BMW. There was simply no safe way to push the car on the street. Going to my Charger, I didn't really feel like I lost anything in the usable handling department. Sure the car's weight is noticeable when you start slinging it, but even my 245 A/S grip well enough. Body roll was usually the easiest difference to make out with my rating being BMW<Charger<Camaro SS.

With all that said, I am not saying the WB doesn't add to track performance. It certainly does, I didn't find a number on the SP but the Hellcat WB puts down 0.95g, so definitely as big a difference as my BMW is to my Charger. But I for one am not tracking the car. Most people who buy a WB won't track it, just like most who bought Camaro's don't either. So really where is the pay off? Looks and the looks to me aren't that great, especially the Challenger.

What really sucks is you haven't seen any improvement in traction with yours over your Chargers. That's the one area the car really needs help, but obviously the 305 street tires they are using don't cut it.

Sorry for the long rant. The Camaro forums are full of guys talking about how the handling of the Camaro/Mustang is so much better than the LX cars. But then 99% have never even pushed the to the limit our narrow body cars can do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
    Yeah it's just a slightly different from the OEM wheel, and nothing like the SRT wheel (it's a whimpy version of it)

You know what they say... Flat bottomed wheels make the world go round.

Wait, I don't think I have that right.
    Click this link to see Photobucket images again!

Follow White Ops R/T on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
    Likes SuperSound, Slidd liked this post

HWDan is offline 2005 Magnum RT amd 2017 Charger SRT 392!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heat, Sarah would like a word with you ...

Hot Wheel Dan

2005 Magnum RT and 2017 Charger SRT Maximum Steel!
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HWDan View Post
    Heat, Sarah would like a word with you ...

O M G

You just made my day. I’m in love... with Sarah and the scat. Triple nickel my next combo . You just cost me 50k hahah... it sounds sooooo good too....

Post Thanks / Like
    Just so you know sarah... was a dude before the transformation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Likes snobrdrdan, SuperSound liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by us1champ View Post
    Just so you know sarah... was a dude before the transformation.
    She is/was a he?

The one way that Dodge could have totally redeemed themselves was to put those pep-boy fender flares to good use. They should have stuck the widest, nastiest rubber they could fit and give the Corvette and Viper guys tire envy. I'm thinking that a 14" wide tire out back like a 355/30-20 would have give the Hellcat the stance, and the tire that it deserves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well dam guess I should have paid better attention, was focused on the perfect combo that I want triple nickel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMc View Post
    She is/was a he?

The one way that Dodge could have totally redeemed themselves was to put those pep-boy fender flares to good use. They should have stuck the widest, nastiest rubber they could fit and give the Corvette and Viper guys tire envy. I'm thinking that a 14" wide tire out back like a 355/30-20 would have give the Hellcat the stance, and the tire that it deserves.
    Again it’s more than fender flares that comes with the package though

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast