Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone know where to order dodge letters for back of charger

so as I normally do on my chargers, I went ahead and removed the rear dodge letters from the back, the chrome ones on my son's charger...except once removed, you can still see where the letters were imprinted still... normally after my sticker remover and some rubbing, you cannot see anything but maybe these are too old and now it looks terrible.. is there somewhere I can order new ones or maybe in black to just put back in place? It looks worse like this and I can't leave it but I can't really find them online either in chrome or in black.. can't really find them at all...
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve never done it, but what about just plastidiping them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    so as I normally do on my chargers, I went ahead and removed the rear dodge letters from the back, the chrome ones on my son's charger...except once removed, you can still see where the letters were imprinted still... normally after my sticker remover and some rubbing, you cannot see anything but maybe these are too old and now it looks terrible.. is there somewhere I can order new ones or maybe in black to just put back in place? It looks worse like this and I can't leave it but I can't really find them online either in chrome or in black.. can't really find them at all...
    Before you put the letters back on, have you tried a buffing pad, I seen some people on youtube buff it clean making it unnoticeable.

Likes Ultimagic5 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Clay bar it, polish it until it gone and then wax over it.

They’ll go away

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 768mph View Post
    Clay bar it, polish it until it gone and then wax over it.

They’ll go away

Not a bad idea going to try now. I didn’t know you could clay bar and polish that plastic material type... it’s not on the body it’s on that plastic strip . Going to try anyhow lol

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    No it’s like imprinted on there it’s not glue or adhesive... I’m afraid I have to put them back ... problem is where can I get these? Even if oem chrome better than how it looks now. I went back to find the old ones but I can find the e lol otherwise I’d just stick the old ones back

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a bad idea going to try now. I didn’t know you could clay bar and polish that plastic material type... it’s not on the body it’s on that plastic strip . Going to try anyhow lol

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    I clay, polish and wax everything. And you can as well. It wont be an issue.

Most All “slick” surfaces are pouros, and can be clayed. I do my headlights and taillights; and hell you could do your windshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    Or is there a way to cover this whole area with something ?

Post Thanks / Like
    looks like the best solution is this, just cover the whole area as it seems cracked and/or scratched... guess I'll just get the center overlay kit and hopefully I don't screw up the install LOL....might look better anyhow as it blacks out the white reverse lights at the same time.... I don't think it's illegal is it? don't need any extra reasons for him to get a ticket or pulled over LOL.... the light still shines through I believe, even the dark gloss one, which looks like the best match I would assume?https://www.luxeautoconcepts.net/pro...center-overlay

HWDan is offline 2005 Magnum RT amd 2017 Charger SRT 392!
    Post Thanks / Like
    From an OEM perspective, no letters i can see, but the price of the entire lens piece with the letters ain't pretty.

(just picket 2017 at random but likely all the same 2015 and up)

2017 Dodge Charger Lamps - Rear - Mopar Parts Giant
    Hot Wheel Dan

2005 Magnum RT and 2017 Charger SRT Maximum Steel!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HWDan View Post
    From an OEM perspective, no letters i can see, but the price of the entire lens piece with the letters ain't pretty. (just picket 2017 at random but likely all the same 2015 and up)2017 Dodge Charger Lamps - Rear - Mopar Parts Giant
    that's too bad, would have been perfect to just replace that whole middle lens/piece... but at $593, not an option lol... I got the Luxe center overlay but now looking closely I'm afraid it might not help as the surface where the letters were, is not smooth... especially in gloss it may just show even after. whatever, I ordered it and will install, hopefully it at least doesn't show the outline of the letters after installed. worth a shot I guess. like always, I messed something up trying to make it look better LOL.. I did this on all 3 of my chargers and had no such problem maybe this car was sitting out in the sun forever who knows but I used the same method and didn't get the same results...i really hope the tint overlay masks some of this... hopefully I can install it without too much trouble too LOL....

Post Thanks / Like
    surprised that I can't just buy the letters? if I could put them back at least it would look back to semi normal as it would cover up a lot of the problem areas.... there is really no way to buy these 5 letters ? i can't find anywhere online lol..

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like pulling them off cracked the plastic finish or whatever they put on there. Did you look into just finding a debadged centerpiece to replace it? You'll still see the cracks around the letters so imo it needs (sanded?) Replaced or fixed entirely

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimagic5 View Post
    Looks like pulling them off cracked the plastic finish or whatever they put on there. Did you look into just finding a debadged centerpiece to replace it? You'll still see the cracks around the letters so imo it needs (sanded?) Replaced or fixed entirely
    I think you're right... but I got the first D off and it looked fine, it wasn't until I got to the O and by then I was already in process LOL and didn't really notice how bad it was. I don't think you can buy that piece that I have found other than the link above for $593 which is outrageous and not really an option... there must be another way... perhaps the light tint kit I have on the way will cover it up? I'm just afraid since it's not smooth it may just show the same cracks but it's not expensive so even if it doesn't work it's not a big deal. it also blacks out the inner lights which looks good especially on black... otherwise I'll just have to find letters and put them back on. even though it's cracked around the letters, I stuck one back one (one of the ones I found/kept) and at least you then don't notice the outline of the letter and it kind of hides the cracks as well.. but I can't find them either LOL.... what a debacle I've created here, very upsetting

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast