Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    My cold start doesn't seem to have the initial "crack" or "bark" since the warm weather arrived this past summer, like it previously did. I considered maybe the warm weather is affecting things even though the engine is cold. However I don't recall any change in the "bark" a year ago when the weather was hot, but maybe by memory or hearing is starting to fail. I dunno. The weather is getting colder now so I'll see if the sound will change.

Has anyone else noticed a milder cold start sound when the weather is warm/hot?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Torquer View Post
    My cold start doesn't seem to have the initial "crack" or "bark" since the warm weather arrived this past summer, like it previously did. I considered maybe the warm weather is affecting things even though the engine is cold. However I don't recall any change in the "bark" a year ago when the weather was hot, but maybe by memory or hearing is starting to fail. I dunno. The weather is getting colder now so I'll see if the sound will change.

Has anyone else noticed a milder cold start sound when the weather is warm/hot?
    Been usual hot af summer here in Houston. No change in cold start exhaust decibel. The neighbor across the street still gives me dirty looks. Can’t wait for cold weather.
    2018 Charger R/T Super Track Pak F8 Green
    2007 Charger R/T Road & Track Stone White (Gone)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron380 View Post
    But have you ever had an entire CITY stop and look?

Ferrari Shell Commercial High Quality - YouTube

-Watch for the cook at 1:05.
    I've had an entire city block hit the deck thinking they were being shot at. Ex was driving my 87 ShelbyZ Daytona. We're sitting at the light in the right lane when I tell her she needs to get on it when the light goes because this lane ends and turns into a bus lane. Light turns green, she let's the clutch out and floors it in 1st, moves over and just lets off the gas. At that stage the car had 2.5" straight pipe side exit and there was still stock fueling on decel so it sounded like someone was firing an AK-47 into the air on full auto. Since the bus station was right there there was probably 200 people on the side of the street and they all hit the deck. Was funny as hell.
    Likes Ron380 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I rarely get a reaction honestly, I think LTs are needed...I get the rare speed racer type that hears me and immediately floors it or rolls up next to me and revs. I was cruising through one of the little boulevards dividing the main mall from the outdoor mall shops this weekend and had a newer Roush start revving at me. Considering all of the families around and the upscale stores by us I unfortunately had to be polite...and pegged it to the floor. You can't just ignore a guy like that, it would be rude and set a terrible example for the children watching Ever spook other drivers with yer exhaust roar?Ever spook other drivers with yer exhaust roar?

Next up long tubes and cutouts...

Galactus hungers...
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/35/20 Continental ExtremeContact DW (square), otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360
    Likes Richie Carbone, punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    No one stands a chance when my cutouts are open.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Likes Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    When I first put my LTs on and catless mids...I also didn't have mid mufflers so it was obnoxious.

My 16yrs old son was cruising around right after I finished and we went through a highway underpass (4 lanes each direction- it may as well be a tunnel). I didn't even drop it to neutral, I just wailed on it. You can't have a loud car and no try to be the old Cheetos guy and smash tunnels.

At any rate, it sounded like John Force himself had unleashed 4 layers of hell and their accompanying demons. It was GLORIOUS.

There was one car coming towards us, little old lady in a little Caddy SUV. She engaged her anti lock brakes, hit the shoulder and didn't move until we were well out of the overpass. I almost pissed myself laughing.

Only after a downshift beside some woman texting and driving caused her to freak out and almost sideswipe me did I decide mufflers needed to go back on it.

I can only imagine what it would sound like now with no mufflers lol

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Likes Ron380, BorisGT, Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    When I first put my LTs on and catless mids...I also didn't have mid mufflers so it was obnoxious.

My 16yrs old son was cruising around right after I finished and we went through a highway underpass (4 lanes each direction- it may as well be a tunnel). I didn't even drop it to neutral, I just wailed on it. You can't have a loud car and no try to be the old Cheetos guy and smash tunnels.

At any rate, it sounded like John Force himself had unleashed 4 layers of hell and their accompanying demons. It was GLORIOUS.

There was one car coming towards us, little old lady in a little Caddy SUV. She engaged her anti lock brakes, hit the shoulder and didn't move until we were well out of the overpass. I almost pissed myself laughing.

Only after a downshift beside some woman texting and driving caused her to freak out and almost sideswipe me did I decide mufflers needed to go back on it.

I can only imagine what it would sound like now with no mufflers lol

See this is why you need cutouts...sane cruising and insane ruckus on command.

Galactus hungers...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibeast View Post
    See this is why you need cutouts...sane cruising and insane ruckus on command.

Galactus hungers...
    Tik, I truly don't even want to THINK what it would sound like....a 426 with an F-1A-94 on it....jeeeesh. I might actually crash the tunnel lol

Post Thanks / Like
    nice thread, had a good laugh. you guys gave me a few ideas how to scary people who are driving and using their phone. Cannot wait to try it.

when you say cutouts, do you mean downpipe which can be controlled from a phone? will it bypass all the resonators and mufflers effectively making it a straight pipe? and how does it work with active exhaust?
    2019 Charger Scat Pack Destroyer Grey, Dynamics Package, Plus Group, Dual Carbon Stripe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BorisGT View Post
    nice thread, had a good laugh. you guys gave me a few ideas how to scary people who are driving and using their phone. Cannot wait to try it.

when you say cutouts, do you mean downpipe which can be controlled from a phone? will it bypass all the resonators and mufflers effectively making it a straight pipe? and how does it work with active exhaust?
    Cutouts normally go before any silencers in the system. Usually immediately behind the headers/ collector, so you COULD call it straight piped.

They can be operated manually with a pull cable or electronically with a switch.

I haven't heard of a phone controlled one, although that's not a bad idea...except I don't touch my phone at all while driving.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12