Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Continental DWS 06 Initial Impressions

Just got a new set of DWS 06 installed last week. 275/40/20 all aroundInitial impressions on this tire are fantastic! Previously I had 275 Pirelli A/S on all four corners and in all honesty there is no comparison. Vehicle rides smoother, turn-in is crisp and sharp, cornering is by far drastically improved. Traction in the rain is amazing! For the first time since I bought my Scat I don't have to worry about hitting the gas too hard and losing traction at a stop light or when turning. The car still has trouble hooking up from a stand still but once 2nd gear hits she grabs and goes.I know there are some die hard Pirelli fans on here but after spending the extra cash on a good set of Continental tires I don't think I will ever run another Pirelli tire again.Still haven't figured out how to get 1st gear to hook completely but hopefully after I get some more miles on these tires and grit them up a bit they will perform even better.I know this isn't the most informative and/or interesting post but I'm excited about it, the charger acts a lot meaner on these shoes than on all the previous sets.
    Thanks DatDude392, Hamsquatch thanked for this post
    Likes DatDude392, gapi, 768mph, snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the opinion. I am also planning on running these after the stock Goodyears are done.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been running these in the 245/45 stock size on my 16 scat for almost 20k miles. The biggest delta is gains in wet weather starts. They hook in the wet even when starting from a stand still. I was on the fence about up sizing to the 275/40 but I bet there is little if any performance difference in street driving. Unless you track, the 245 is a better fun per dollar buy. The 275 May look better but it was about $120 difference for the set. Also, the 245s are 5lbs lighter.

Update: less than $20 each difference now between 275 and 245
    Last edited by Hot Rod Joe; 08-21-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wife had those on her car (2016 Scat Charger) for a while and while they were real quiet and handled relatively well, once they got about half worn, they didn't do so well in the wet. She drives somewhat conservatively, no smoke shows but she loves corners. She had a 100 mile commute round trip, mixed highway and surface streets, so when she felt them going away, we made sure that they came off right away. She really liked them though.
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package, 6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression 2016 Hellcat Charger rear cradle and brakes swap, DSS 4" custom driveshaft, 3.09 Scat Pack rear diff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rod Joe View Post
    I have been running these in the 245/45 stock size on my 16 scat for almost 20k miles. The biggest delta is gains in wet weather starts. They hook in the wet even when starting from a stand still. I was on the fence about up sizing to the 275/40 but I bet there is little if any performance difference in street driving. Unless you track, the 245 is a better fun per dollar buy. The 275 May look better but it was about $120 difference for the set. Also, the 245s are 5lbs lighter.

Update: less than $20 each difference now between 275 and 245
    I got them in 275 because of the aesthetics but it doesnt hurt to have a few millimeters of extra grip during some aggressive driving. I'm a sucker for carving corners. Next investment will be wider rear wheels and a 315 tire swap

Sent from my SM-G960U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump on this to find out how they are holding up. I'm considering these once I pull my scat out of storage. Is 1st still useless from a dig?
    2017 Pitch Black Charger Scat Pack 392
    20% tint, Billet Technologies Matte Black Catch Can, LED interior lighting, ZL1 Rock Guards, K&N drop in filter, MaxBeam Smoked LED side markers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    Bump on this to find out how they are holding up. I'm considering these once I pull my scat out of storage. Is 1st still useless from a dig?
    First is still useless, only resolve I suppose is 315s or 275 Drag Radials lol.

I've put a little over 3500 miles on them and they still look brand new. Handling and wet traction is AMAZING. I'll never go to another tire after seeing how wonderful these are.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Are these summer or all season? I have never gotten more than 12-15k out of summers including contis and will only use all season. Ow as they last twice as long even though I’m in florida as neither has any traction after a few miles anyhow so it seems pointless

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m getting the dws 06 soon for my scatpack hope the handle better the the stock Pirelli 🤞

2015 GC SRT redline/red vapor
    2003 SVT Cobra w/ Kenne Bell

Post Thanks / Like
    I track the car twice a year but it my daily driver so I need A/S

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    Are these summer or all season?
    They're a "ultra high performance all season"....definitely not a summer tire
    They have a 50k mileage warranty
    2019 Charger Scat Pack
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    do they come in the wide body size, 305's for my challenger I wonder?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think these fit my situation the best. I'd love to get PS4S but under 50 and they don't work. We got a record amount of rain this year too so I need something that doesn't suck in the rain.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Are any of you DWS 06 b users in the north?
    I'm curious about if they flat spot after sitting after a certain time span.
    I have General G-MAX AS-05's (Continental Owned Brand) and although I love the tires in every way, even in summer after sitting in my cool garage 24hrs or more they will flat a "little" for 800 - 1000 yards.
    I was surprised this week with weather in the 30's they didn't do any worse.

I'm curious about the DWS 06. I admit I can put up with a little. I wouldn't mind swapping to the DWS 06 just to experience them.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus 362.63HP/389.58TQ

Post Thanks / Like
    I have these on my Magnum, which is primarily a cruiser. I've been happy with the ride, tire noise, and the cornering. Traction in the rain has been good.

The Mag hibernates over the winter, and I didn't notice any flat-spotting in the spring, though I did put 35 psi in (I normally run around 32 psi). I get a little flat-spotting during summer if the car has sat for a few days, but it goes away quickly.
    2008 Magnum SRT8
    2017 Ridgeline RTL-E
    Magnum: "The practical muscle car."
    Likes gapi liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast