Post Thanks / Like

Brembo Tick - How I fixed mine

This would apply to 6 piston cars with the 2 piece rotors.

My Daytona ticked turning on either direction. I read about the problem on here so I was far from the only one. I got my Hellcat a few months later and it ticked too on any turning. It’s embarrasing for both being brand new cars.

Here’s what I simply did and now my turning is quiet how it should have been.

-Take off front wheels
    -Clean rotor hat
    -Retorqued ALL of the rotor hat 8mm bolts, no TQ wrench just snug
    -Made sure wheel was seated perfect before hand tightening lugs first
    -Final lug nut tightening

We’ll see how long that lasts but so far both cars are doing good. I’m pretty sure they’re just leaving the rotor bolts too loose from factory.
    2018 Dodge Charger Daytona - Indigo Blue
    2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat - Plum Crazy Purple
    Instagram: @aviorHemi

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aviorperformance View Post
    This would apply to 6 piston cars with the 2 piece rotors. My Daytona ticked turning on either direction. I read about the problem on here so I was far from the only one. I got my Hellcat a few months later and it ticked too on any turning. It’s embarrasing for both being brand new cars. Here’s what I simply did and now my turning is quiet how it should have been. -Take off front wheels-Clean rotor hat-Retorqued ALL of the rotor hat 8mm bolts, no TQ wrench just snug -Made sure wheel was seated perfect before hand tightening lugs first-Final lug nut tightening We’ll see how long that lasts but so far both cars are doing good. I’m pretty sure they’re just leaving the rotor bolts too loose from factory.
    I have a whole thread on this, I had the same problem with my green scat, same process I did and it fixed problem, temporarily. I even went to dodge for an oil change and to have them fix the problem but they claim no fix, some make the noise some don't. I at least got a hold of a very cool tech that had a 392 himself and he said his does it as well. I don't what it is or why, but taking off the wheels and do this does fix the problem for a little while but it's not something that you realistically are going to do every 2 weeks or so? that's about how long mine would stay good. I did also re torque the rotor hat bolts one of the times. after a while, it stopped on its own somehow
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe some blue loctite is in order if the problem comes back. I guess I’ll have to wait for now.