Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Alternative to mid muffler deletes

Kind of a 2 part question.

To date are there any proven gains to a mid muffler delete. (Before and after dyno)

Are there any alternatives other than removing the muffler for straight pipes that minimally and I mean MINIMALLY increases the sound. Mid mufflers sound great from day to day driving but I find it a tad too loud when you get on it... the OEM note at WOR sounds best IMO... I would mind sacrificing that not just a tad for a little more down in the lower rpms... especially if they free up a few ponies...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    There absolutely zero gains from a mid delete. Nothing will be freer flowing than what’s already there. Sound wise , a lot of people like the dynamax race bullets or the vibrant version . Many many threads on that. Here’s a shot of the inside of your mids and rears :

Likes Torquer, Grand_hustle17 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    There are no dyno proven gains from the delete. These are straight through mufflers, so with the exception of sound, they're not hampering airflow at all.

If you're just wanting a tad more noise in the lower RPMs, seriously consider the Dynomax Mini Race bullet 24250. Summit has them for $17.99 each right now (everyone else paid like $25 each for them lol)

YouTube for sound, but a lot of guys (and girls) here love them.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I've done the mid muffler delete, bullets, and Borla Atak. The Borla is by far the best I've ever experienced but the bullets are a solid second.
    2016 Charger Scat Pack/LMI Intake/3.70 gears/Longtube headers/Borla Atak/Active exhaust delete/Hemifever Tuning

Post Thanks / Like
    I modified the resonators on my '14 R/T Blacktop for a little extra growl. I drilled two 1/2" holes each into the last chamber and through both sides of the pipe, the plugged the case with button plugs and high-temp RTV.

I'm happy with it, but you could drill small holes in the first tuning chambers instead. That would be a lot easier and simple to close up with a rivet if you didn't like it.

Either way, you get to keep all your original stainless steel exhaust components instead of hacking them up and welding mild steel in there.
    "Many true sports cars can be outrun by a powerful sedan." - Sir William Lyons, Chairman, British Leyland

Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously guys thanks for the response, I’ll def check those out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    There absolutely zero gains from a mid delete. Nothing will be freer flowing than what’s already there. Sound wise , a lot of people like the dynamax race bullets or the vibrant version . Many many threads on that. Here’s a shot of the inside of your mids and rears :

Amazing post.. thank you.

Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a mid muffler delete on my 392 and it sounds exactly the same to me.
    2018 Dodge Charger Daytona - Indigo Blue
    2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat - Plum Crazy Purple
    Instagram: @aviorHemi

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm getting the mini bullets installed in place of the mid mufflers Friday. Feel like a kid waiting on Christmas lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Thanks Heat00 thanked for this post
    Likes HerDaytona liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What I would like is an exhaust that is loud all the time not just when wot. I have had Borla on most of previous Mustangs and liked how it was loud even when not on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Charger Scat Pack - longtube headers and Borla Atak - YouTube

I wouldn't trade my Borla for anything.

2016 Charger Scat Pack/LMI Intake/Hemifever tune/3.70 gears/Borla Atak/AES bypass/eBay longtube headers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SWETRID View Post
    What I would like is an exhaust that is loud all the time not just when wot. I have had Borla on most of previous Mustangs and liked how it was loud even when not on it.
    Long tube headers and solo performance cat back!! Extremely loud unless really ,really pussy footin it , and zero drone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    Long tube headers and solo performance cat back!! Extremely loud unless really ,really pussy footin it , and zero drone.

Long tubes, no cats, mid muffler delete..yep that'll do it. Old ladies will stop in the middle of the street when you romp it to go around them.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Heat00 thanked for this post
    Likes Sunwalker12, centexcharger, ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SWETRID View Post
    Oh hell no.. all that noise for attention. I would like mine to sound like a damn Prius when not on it but stock WOT when on it. Alternative to mid muffler deletes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aviorperformance View Post
    I did a mid muffler delete on my 392 and it sounds exactly the same to me.
    Just did the the mid muf replacement with mini bullets and I must say... WOW
    Definitely doesn't sound the same. Track mode and cold start is just plain nasty (good nasty). Seems pretty tame at highway cruising speeds. No drone. Got the bullets for $40 shipped thru Amazon warehouse deals. $160 install. Best two hondo I've spent in a while Alternative to mid muffler deletes

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast