Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Built twin turbo or hellephant?

I received saw this video on Facebook and it really got the gears running.

MotorTrend TV - 1,000hp 6.4L HEMI | Facebook

Assuming I’d need to strengthen other areas as well like the drive shaft and possibly the trans what do you feel is more practical/cost effective?

Going with this twin turbo set up or going with the 30k hellephant motor plus whatever else is needed for that swap?

I’d love to hear what you guys/girls think about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2016 Pitch black Charger Scat Pack.
    R2C Cold Air
    Mid muffler delete
    Billet Tech catch can
    APR front air splitter/Wickerbill spoiler
    10.5 WRTs on 315s
    15% window tint

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally am leaning toward the twin turbo build as it would be easier (in my mind) to slowly buy parts as I go and installing them. Instead of dropping all that cash at once on a huge motor. Even though it would be crazy cool to say I’ve got a hellephant Charger! But getting parts once a month could be swept under the ladies noes a lot easier Built twin turbo or hellephant?.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can make 1000hp on a 6.4 setup for far cheaper than 30k in PARTS. A twin turbo setup would be more cost effective in my head but a hellaphant is a novelty not very many will be able to match.
    In the end I think it is left up to what exactly you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks BBrown83 thanked for this post
    Likes Jay Z, agoristmike, ronan978, BBrown83 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Turbo 6.4. Easy.
    And yes. You will need to touch everything on the chassis to hold it.
    30k for the whole build may be close.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    1000hp is gonna nail you for $30k+ easily. The trans, axles and rear end (and you will need all 3) are going to hit you for about $13k before you ever touch the engine. Ask me how I know :-)

If you can do all the machine work and build it properly yourself, you might squeak by just under $30k but it's gonna be so close you'll call it $30k lol

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Likes UpInSmoke, Ron380, BBrown83 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Majority of the work I’m confident I can pull of properly while the help of a friend or two. I definitely agree the hellephant would truly be more of a novelty idea. I was hoping to skim by in the mid 20s for the complete build.

I’d like to give myself a solid year to have it done. I’m a boilermaker and just started a very good long term job including Per Diem. So this is definitely do able and I’m extremely thankful for!

If anyone had any advice on certain kits for the rear end and trans I’d love to here. I’ve read all about many of your builds and am very impressed. I’m all ears or eyes rather.

I’ll be also open to buying any spare parts for this build anyone has! I won’t start making any purchases for a month from today.

Thanks for the advice so far!

Post Thanks / Like
    Might not even be able to get one for $30k anymore, pretty sure I remember reading that they sold out in a very short time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't necessarily need to buy from these guys, but they're trust worthy and will give you a good idea of prices. Alex is a great guy, and knows his stuff. There are at least two of us running his engines right now.

Stay away from any carbon fiber driveshafts. DSS has come a long way in the last year with their kits and they also have a new shaft balancer that spins twice the speed of the others, you won't get a vibration from that.

HEMI Engine Builders - Home

Post Thanks / Like
    Hellephant

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    You don't necessarily need to buy from these guys, but they're trust worthy and will give you a good idea of prices. Alex is a great guy, and knows his stuff. There are at least two of us running his engines right now.

Stay away from any carbon fiber driveshafts. DSS has come a long way in the last year with their kits and they also have a new shaft balancer that spins twice the speed of the others, you won't get a vibration from that.

HEMI Engine Builders - Home

DDS was my first thought when it came to the drive shaft.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not that I would ever think of doing it....but where do you find room in the engine bay to mount those 2 turbo’s? I looks like if you just try to drop it in, it would sit right on the struts. It’s pretty tight in there anyway. That is if you keep everything stock.

Pass owner of a Ram 1500, Current owner of a Dodge Charger

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arod412 View Post
    Not that I would ever think of doing it....but where do you find room in the engine bay to mount those 2 turbo’s? I looks like if you just try to drop it in, it would sit right on the struts. It’s pretty tight in there anyway. That is if you keep everything stock.

Pass owner of a Ram 1500, Current owner of a Dodge Charger
    That’s just a mock up for the dyno. Any twin kit will be on both sides of the trans or rear mount. A single kit (the route I’m going) can be mounted where the oem air box is.

Post Thanks / Like
    $100 says this guy never does any of these modifications. IDK why people even answer stuff like this seriously
    Likes snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesr242 View Post
    $100 says this guy never does any of these modifications. IDK why people even answer stuff like this seriously
    Because you know my life? You’re aware of my finances? Shut the [email protected] up dude. The hellephant was just a comparison. I just bought another car do daily while I start building this car along with supercharging my brother in law Chevy SS. Keep being a little bitch and go no where in life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesr242 View Post
    I don’t personally know any of you! In what way would I benefit by blowing smoke up anyones ass here? None! Even for some reason I choose a different path it’s still informative! It’s about gaining knowledge and information! Are you seriously that retarded to not understand the purpose of a forum? You can continue to try making friends and trying to get attention from others by trolling on someone’s post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast