Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    $60 for red oem hellcat start button
    Semper Fi!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyma45 View Post
    Ok so I reached up in there - it is a very tight fit as you said. There are two clips to depress on the top of the key cylinder - the one on the left (when facing the button) I can reach but the other one is completely blocked by the bezel itself. I'm just not seeing how you were able to depress both to push it out. I've got average hands/arms.
    IIRC, I got the bottom one first and then the left one (while facing it) and then while pushing from behind (but the switch not angled out much) was able to push the last clip on the right to get it to slide out

Like I said, it's a LITTLE tricky but not impossible. I gave the same exact directions to the OP (ssPetess) and he was able to do it/make this thread, so I'm not the only one that's done it
    2019 Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea how you guys got your hand up there...…..I tried this morning and all I got was a ripped up thumb and some blood lost.....LOL

I started to try and take off the dash panel....and that **** was as tight as a bugs ass.....in fact I might have possibly broke a clip....and from looking at that gentleman on you tube...…..I knew I would have lost some of my cool and start pulling too hard and then I would need a new dash....

So now I have a red button in a box.....maybe when I get an inspection I ask the dealer to install it.....or
    Maybe I could borrow one of your guys hands that fit in by the steering wheel...

Post Thanks / Like
    Humm.. My overlay cost less and took all of 30 secs to install.Red Start ButtonRed Start ButtonRed Start ButtonRed Start Button

Sent via Tapatalk
    Last edited by hemi_57; 07-27-2019 at 08:19 PM.
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site
    Likes Fanucman69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.....you a funny guy Hemi_57
    Thanks hemi_57 thanked for this post
    Likes Fanucman69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblnmn View Post
    LOL.....you a funny guy Hemi_57
    I applaud those who have grit to go outside the box. Whether I like it or don't like doesn't mean squat as it is personal taste.

Hey I still have my shipping guards on. They are wrapped with CF and have anti scratch padding. So far so good. They are renewable with very little work.

I also has some Scat badges on that others don't like. Tough biscuts.

Lastly I have chrome wheels.

Sent via Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea how you guys got your hand up there...…..I tried this morning and all I got was a ripped up thumb and some blood lost.....LOL

I started to try and take off the dash panel....and that **** was as tight as a bugs ass.....in fact I might have possibly broke a clip....and from looking at that gentleman on you tube...…..I knew I would have lost some of my cool and start pulling too hard and then I would need a new dash....

So now I have a red button in a box.....maybe when I get an inspection I ask the dealer to install it.....or
    Maybe I could borrow one of your guys hands that fit in by the steering wheel...
    Hey, I said it was a LITTLE tricky....BUT it beats trying to remove the dash bezel and/or breaking those clips

Post Thanks / Like
    No doubt taking that dash bezel is not an option.......I was able to touch the switch but I could move my hands in any direction.....

For now I'll just have to imagine it's a red button....

Post Thanks / Like
    You selling the red button yet Ramblnmn?
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarusLSC View Post
    You selling the red button yet Ramblnmn?
    LOL..... NO......
    I'm not giving up that fast

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, if you're careful and go slow, pull deliberately and not haphazardly, the dash comes apart fine. I just don't want to do it again, there was a squeak after I pulled my old one.
    2016 Dodge// Charger R/T Scat Pack - Mopar CAI, Mopar strut tower brace, Hellcat replica wheels, LED interior swap, Scat Pack bee badge
    2019 Chrysler Pacifica S Hybrid Limited

Post Thanks / Like
    No doubt taking that dash bezel is not an option.......I was able to touch the switch but I could move my hands in any direction.....

For now I'll just have to imagine it's a red button....
    Make sure your steering wheel is all the way up and forward. Once you reach up there, the switch pops out relatively easily.
    Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a nice mod you can’t beat for $60. I wish changing the airbag was that cheap. I don’t like my plain dodge airbag now that I have a HC too.
    2018 Dodge Charger Daytona - Indigo Blue
    2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat - Plum Crazy Purple
    Instagram: @aviorHemi
    Likes ssPetess liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey so question real quick to the ones who have successfully installed this part already on their scat packs. When installing did anybody have to reprogram the start button or key fob? I’m in a pissing match with 3 different Bay Area dealers and they all state it has to be reprogrammed after install, @ $150.00 smh. And the dealers I’ve contacted say $118.00 for the part. I found it at another dodge for $53.00 plus shipping. So please let me know if I have to program it cause I won’t order it if I do. Which im sure I don’t. But Thanks in advance.
    Likes Ivey_usmc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive done this recently. It's just plug and play. Get the $53 one.I got mine used off eBay for $50 and works just fine.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast