Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now to just find a switch that is not a rip off price up here :(
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like
    cheap factory parts that improve aesthetics are the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '06 2500 RCLB Cummins
    Firepunk CSP5 Tuned
    Pusher Twin Turbos
    Thuren Suspension
    20x12 Fuel Flows
    for sale 25k obo

Post Thanks / Like
    Red, Black, Blue, or Green.
    A push button start, to me, is obscene.
    My wife's new Durango has one, you see.
    And each time I get in, I miss my old key.

bill

2007 BB Charger SRT8
    Airaid CAI, 180 Tstat, BT Catch Can, D1S HID headlight conversion, red led interior swap, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, MTCM, 3.73 getrag, six speed motor mounts, Lakewood 70/30 front shocks w/ V6 springs and 50/50s in back, SRT Max Plus, Paramount 55series Nag1 and torque converter, CTP solid cradle bushings
    285/35 R20 Michelin Pilot Supersports all 4 wheels
    28" hoosier slicks, MH racemaster skinnies.
    Tuned by Tim @ MPH. 403 RWHP, 402 TQ.
    [email protected], 1.762 60' 620 DA
    Likes diboblo, POWERMAN liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Turning the key in MY car makes me grin.
    I know that a loud, bumpy, ride will begin.
    Pushing that button, it's kind of a bore.
    Like ringing the bell at my Mother's front door.

bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Somewhere there's someone reminiscing about having to start a with an actual hand crank in front of the car.....then his neighbor painted his hand crank red....
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8
    Likes Redline T/A 392, gillogly, punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post

You just reach up under the steering wheel and to the right and feel behind the dash for the back of the OEM button and it's harness
    There are 3 plastic tabs on the OEM switch unit--one at 11 o'clock position, one at 1 o'clock & one at 6 o'clock. REFERENCE THE NEW SWITCH TO SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT
    Depress the tabs from behind the dash & then push the switch out from behind.
    Unclip the harness
    Pull off the OEM silver bezel from the stock switch
    Swap that bezel over to the new switch
    Plug in the new switch into the harness
    Slide the new switch in until all 3 tabs are engaged/it's secure in the dash
    DONE!
    So I checked this out last night and I could feel the back of the switch and the harness, but I didn't feel the clips. Are the clips on the back on the switch? I certainly didn't have enough room for my hand to touch anything but the back of the switch.
    2017 Durango Citadel Hemi
    2015 Charger R/T Scat Pack
    1968 Charger R/T
    Likes calirose17 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ygbsm View Post
    So I checked this out last night and I could feel the back of the switch and the harness, but I didn't feel the clips. Are the clips on the back on the switch? I certainly didn't have enough room for my hand to touch anything but the back of the switch.
    The tabs/prongs (they're really not clips, sorry) are close to the dash...so you have to reach further.
    They have to be depressed

AGAIN, if you look at the new switch you'll see exactly what I'm talking about

You can kind of see them here on this one:
    DODGE CHRYSLER Push Button Ignition Switch Module NEW OEM MOPAR | eBay
    or
    Genuine Mopar Power Switch 68299961AB | eBay
    Last edited by snobrdrdan; 07-22-2019 at 06:43 AM.
    2019 Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha man I just tried it and my hand almost got stuck. I can’t really feel crap from the start button. I have a 18 scatpack maybe there’s more room for your hand to reach in on the 19?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I'm thinking my hand/wrist might be too big to try this way. Maybe '15 has a different configuration behind the dash than '19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would love some pictures if possible. I removed the dash bezel to install the red button on my '11 Charger - looked cool but once I replaced the bezel, I introduced a squeak somewhere along the clips along the bezel. If I can replace it w/o removing the dash I'm all for it.
    2016 Dodge// Charger R/T Scat Pack - Mopar CAI, Mopar strut tower brace, Hellcat replica wheels, LED interior swap, Scat Pack bee badge
    2019 Chrysler Pacifica S Hybrid Limited

Post Thanks / Like
    2013 Chrysler 300S, 6.4 BGE with 6.4 SRT cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force with 2.75 pulley(11.4 lbs boost), fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans built by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. LG aluminum rad. Dual SRT fans. Complete 4 piston Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO 420 265/35R22 - 295/30R22

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by calirose17 View Post
    Haha man I just tried it and my hand almost got stuck. I can’t really feel crap from the start button. I have a 18 scatpack maybe there’s more room for your hand to reach in on the 19?
    Nope...same dash in the 2018 & 2019...I did it the same way on both of my cars.

Yeah, I'm thinking my hand/wrist might be too big to try this way. Maybe '15 has a different configuration behind the dash than '19.
    Nope, dash is the same.

You guys might just have big hands/arms. There is a metal brace right there that you have to go around, unfortunately, and you have to maneuver around that. I had some small scrapes on my forearm.
    There's a little contortion required

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyma45 View Post
    Would love some pictures if possible. I removed the dash bezel to install the red button on my '11 Charger - looked cool but once I replaced the bezel, I introduced a squeak somewhere along the clips along the bezel. If I can replace it w/o removing the dash I'm all for it.
    See post #30 & #37

I mean I could take a picture, but you're just going to see my arm up & behind the dash and nothing more. It's all done by touch/feel, since you can't see it

It's a little tricky, but once you get it out you're set AND you're not removing the dash bezel either

They want to avoid removing the dash bezel like he did though (and he ended up breaking clips in that video too)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a oem HC red start button if your interested.
    Semper Fi!
    Likes GreenGoScat392 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
    See post #30 & #37

I mean I could take a picture, but you're just going to see my arm up & behind the dash and nothing more. It's all done by touch/feel, since you can't see it

It's a little tricky, but once you get it out you're set AND you're not removing the dash bezel either
    Ok so I reached up in there - it is a very tight fit as you said. There are two clips to depress on the top of the key cylinder - the one on the left (when facing the button) I can reach but the other one is completely blocked by the bezel itself. I'm just not seeing how you were able to depress both to push it out. I've got average hands/arms.

Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent to you ivey_usmc
    17" Green Go Charger Scat Pack 20% Tint, Brass Monkey Hellcat reps, Mid Muffler delete, Luxe tail light kit, Green billet oil catch can, Red Reflective 392 Hemi badge, Zdatt 6k Led headlights

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast