Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 58
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Cedar Grove, NC
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like

    Red Button

    Anybody have a link or part number for the mopar red button?



  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ssPetess View Post
    For anyone looking to go red, don’t watch YouTube to see how to do it. They’ll have you ripping off your dash bezel. All you need to do is raise you steering wheel and you have full access. It literally takes 2 minutes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Can you give a walk through and maybe some pics? I want to do it but haven't because I didn't want to pull the dash apart.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by haasri View Post
    Anybody have a link or part number for the mopar red button?
    68299961AB


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,139
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slidd View Post
    It started out because the SRT used a red button then everybody else wanted red.




    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Got it , make it look like an srt , even though it’s not an srt sounds like a waste of 60$


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Cedar Grove, NC
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    To each his own. everyone mods their cruiser they way they like. It is a simple mod and IMHO looks far better than the bland black button most come with. Many people think headers and superchargers are a waste of money!
    Likes ssPetess liked this post

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blue Mopar overlay to add color and match exterior. Also replaced fuel door emblem

    Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jarrell, TX
    Posts
    1,208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well as long as we have gone off track... Here a couple Fuel door mods I did for my Challenger.


    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site
    Likes gillogly liked this post

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Georgetown, Tx
    Posts
    1,772
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    Got it , make it look like an srt , even though it’s not an srt sounds like a waste of 60$


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The red one starts your car faster. If you get the red key to go along with it then you pick up another 100hp. Dodge keeps these engines significantly detuned so that they can sell more hellcats which have a higher profit margin.

    2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    Hemifever tune
    3.70 gears
    Borla Atak
    AES bypass
    eBay longtube headers
    2016 Charger Scat Pack/LMI Intake/3.70 gears/Longtube headers/Borla Atak/Active exhaust delete/Hemifever Tuning

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like

    Red Start Button

    Well I used to own an SRT and I would have bought another but guess what, they don’t make them anymore. I will put as much SRT stuff on my Scat to make me happy. Already did the wheels, easier to clean, better looking, and 10.5 / 305 rears. Start button done, car is debadged of those awful Scat logos. I’ll do the 392 engine covers and SRT steering wheel, Hellcat airbox, beefier sways and that’s about it.
    To replace the switch it’s simple, raise the steering wheel then reach in through the bottom. You’ll feel the switch assembly. It pops out relatively easily. Once it pops out, disconnect the connector, transfer the silver bezel ring, pop on the connector and insert, done.
    I’ll never understand why members of forums will chime in with negative reply’s, $60 is not a waste, upgrading my car to an esthetic that pleases me is worth it and to most others too. I’m sure there are things that you do to your car that I’d never do and would consider it a waste of money but I’d never post it, I’d keep it to myself


    Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jarrell, TX
    Posts
    1,208
    Post Thanks / Like
    To each his own.

    Sent via Tapatalk

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Georgetown, Tx
    Posts
    1,772
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ssPetess View Post
    Well I used to own an SRT and I would have bought another but guess what, they don’t make them anymore. I will put as much SRT stuff on my Scat to make me happy. Already did the wheels, easier to clean, better looking, and 10.5 / 305 rears. Start button done, car is debadged of those awful Scat logos. I’ll do the 392 engine covers and SRT steering wheel, Hellcat airbox, beefier sways and that’s about it.
    To replace the switch it’s simple, raise the steering wheel then reach in through the bottom. You’ll feel the switch assembly. It pops out relatively easily. Once it pops out, disconnect the connector, transfer the silver bezel ring, pop on the connector and insert, done.
    I’ll never understand why members of forums will chime in with negative reply’s, $60 is not a waste, upgrading my car to an esthetic that pleases me is worth it and to most others too. I’m sure there are things that you do to your car that I’d never do and would consider it a waste of money but I’d never post it, I’d keep it to myself


    Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Because it's a public forum and we can. Because we enjoy talking smack. Because we enjoy thinning out thin skinned people. But mostly because why the **** not.

    2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    Hemifever tune
    3.70 gears
    Borla Atak
    AES bypass
    eBay longtube headers

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,139
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ssPetess View Post
    Well I used to own an SRT and I would have bought another but guess what, they don’t make them anymore. I will put as much SRT stuff on my Scat to make me happy. Already did the wheels, easier to clean, better looking, and 10.5 / 305 rears. Start button done, car is debadged of those awful Scat logos. I’ll do the 392 engine covers and SRT steering wheel, Hellcat airbox, beefier sways and that’s about it.
    To replace the switch it’s simple, raise the steering wheel then reach in through the bottom. You’ll feel the switch assembly. It pops out relatively easily. Once it pops out, disconnect the connector, transfer the silver bezel ring, pop on the connector and insert, done.
    I’ll never understand why members of forums will chime in with negative reply’s, $60 is not a waste, upgrading my car to an esthetic that pleases me is worth it and to most others too. I’m sure there are things that you do to your car that I’d never do and would consider it a waste of money but I’d never post it, I’d keep it to myself


    Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Did your previous srt have a red button ? You do what makes you happy , it’s your car and your money. Now the steering wheel , that’s a nice mod. At least it has a thicker feel. The red button doesn’t do much Red Start Button my opinion that’s all. No need to take offense and I don’t mean any. This is however, like mentioned , a forum , for people’s input. You have mine , I think it’s a waste of money. I teach my kids to speak their mind and I expect others to do the same. It’s how we grow. On that note , one man’s garbage is another man’s treasure Red Start Button I happen to have some 392 half covers and some powered by srt half covers that I have no use for if your interested. I’m not a thief , so a fair offer and they’re yours.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes calirose17 liked this post

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good points, and thanks! I’ll PM ya about the covers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    155
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ssPetess View Post
    Well I used to own an SRT and I would have bought another but guess what, they don’t make them anymore. I will put as much SRT stuff on my Scat to make me happy. Already did the wheels, easier to clean, better looking, and 10.5 / 305 rears. Start button done, car is debadged of those awful Scat logos. I’ll do the 392 engine covers and SRT steering wheel, Hellcat airbox, beefier sways and that’s about it.
    To replace the switch it’s simple, raise the steering wheel then reach in through the bottom. You’ll feel the switch assembly. It pops out relatively easily. Once it pops out, disconnect the connector, transfer the silver bezel ring, pop on the connector and insert, done.
    I’ll never understand why members of forums will chime in with negative reply’s, $60 is not a waste, upgrading my car to an esthetic that pleases me is worth it and to most others too. I’m sure there are things that you do to your car that I’d never do and would consider it a waste of money but I’d never post it, I’d keep it to myself


    Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Thanks for the install tips. Think I’m going to order one and replace mine as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Likes Knuckle Bone, ssPetess, SB1 liked this post

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Posts
    344
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ssPetess View Post
    For anyone looking to go red, don’t watch YouTube to see how to do it. They’ll have you ripping off your dash bezel. All you need to do is raise you steering wheel and you have full access. It literally takes 2 minutes.
    Told ya

    Quote Originally Posted by BorisGT View Post
    I wish I knew that it does not require ripping bezel off. Went a sticker route because of that. it worked okay for $13 but I do not like the feeling of a sticker on top of a real button.

    I wish you would take a couple pics for us in a process though...Was it just plug and play once you got access under the steering wheel?
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes View Post
    Can you give a walk through and maybe some pics? I want to do it but haven't because I didn't want to pull the dash apart.
    You just reach up under the steering wheel and to the right and feel behind the dash for the back of the OEM button and it's harness
    There are 3 plastic tabs on the OEM switch unit--one at 11 o'clock position, one at 1 o'clock & one at 6 o'clock. REFERENCE THE NEW SWITCH TO SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT
    Depress the tabs from behind the dash & then push the switch out from behind.
    Unclip the harness
    Pull off the OEM silver bezel from the stock switch
    Swap that bezel over to the new switch
    Plug in the new switch into the harness
    Slide the new switch in until all 3 tabs are engaged/it's secure in the dash
    DONE!
    2019 Charger Scat Pack
    Thanks SnakeEyes thanked for this post
    Likes SnakeEyes, ssPetess liked this post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •