Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Found some sun and matte protectant but...

So finally the sun came out, got home early from work, and I found the now hard to find matte protectant so I went for it lol....all went well but when I installed the matte protectant, it seemed to go on splotchy... granted I did it the sun as I didn’t have a choice, but still... otherwise the guard and gloss continues to impress me for in between waxes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 E90 M3; '07 335I Active Autowerks ...
    Likes bgipson21, BorisGT, calcruz31 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Protect All works also.

Sent via Tapatalk
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site
    Thanks BorisGT thanked for this post
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    looks awesome!
    2019 Charger Scat Pack Destroyer Grey, Dynamics Package, Plus Group, Dual Carbon Stripe

Post Thanks / Like
    My Adams detail spray separated on me and it's a biotch to use now. Matte protectant I use a foam applicator and a micro fiber to buff out.

2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    Hemifever tune
    3.70 gears
    Borla Atak
    AES bypass
    eBay longtube headers
    2016 Charger Scat PackLMI Intake3.70 gearsLongtube headersBorla AtakActive exhaust deleteHemifever Tuning

Post Thanks / Like
    So how do I get this back to even? Not sure you can tell from pic but it’s all uneven and looks worse than before lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Protect All did it for me on my 10 Challenger with 3M vinyl that I installed. No white leftovers, streaks or blotches. Just spray on, wipe and buff.

Besides you can buy at Wal Mart and it makes for a quick detail spray.

Last edited by hemi_57; 06-11-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so I did everything wrong as usual. The liquid was separated, installed in the sun, and I didn’t know it needed to be buffed out , I thought it was like the matte detailed spray on and wipe off lol. Guess I’ll try the protect all

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi_57 View Post
    Protect All did it for me on my 10 Challenger with 3M vinyl that I installed. No white leftovers, streaks or blotches. Just spray on, wipe and buff.

Besides you can buy at Wal Mart and it makes for a quick detail spray.

Going to check it out but it looks like this has some type of wax properties And I thought we should use something that doesn’t have those qualities that are used to make something shine? I’m not sure just asking... don’t want to make it worse lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    Going to check it out but it looks like this has some type of wax properties And I thought we should use something that doesn’t have those qualities that are used to make something shine? I’m not sure just asking... don’t want to make it worse lol

The amount of wax is really small. Shine... not so much. I have used Protect All for years on near everything I own... RV, ATV, JD tractor, cars you name it. The biggest plus is UV protection.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Last edited by hemi_57; 06-11-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi_57 View Post
    The amount of wax is really small. Shine... not so much. I have Protect All for years on near everything I own... RV, ATV, JD tractor, cars you name. The biggest plus is UV protection.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Worth a shot and if you used it on yours and it worked than we should be good ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Worth a shot and if you used it on yours and it worked than we should be good ...

Use it sparingly as a little bit goes a long way. I only use good quality MF cloths for application and buff.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Last edited by hemi_57; 06-11-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heat,
    You may want to try Areospace 303 UV protectant. I have used it for years. It is not greasy and leaves a matte finish. It is pretty much regarded as "the best" in the detailing world.
    303 Aerospace Protectant, 303 aerospace, 303 protectant, aerospace protectant, 303 products, 303

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    There is not much difference in 303 and Protect All.

Sent via Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I ordered protect all and it should arrive today. I saw the 303 also. It got worse overnight look now, very faded and uneven , all this from what was supposed to be the right stuff to use !
    I really hope I can restore the original condition here as they were fine before this adventure

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I ordered protect all and it should arrive today. I saw the 303 also. It got worse overnight look now, very faded and uneven , all this from what was supposed to be the right stuff to use !
    I really hope I can restore the original condition here as they were fine before this adventure

Google Image Result for https://media3.giphy.com/media/jquDWJfPUMCiI/giphy.gif

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast