Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 E90 M3; '07 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    U can usually get Protect All at. wa Mart in the RV section.

Sent via Tapatalk
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site
    Thanks BorisGT thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally understand your feelings, I love these stripes!

when I was looking for a product to care for my stripes I found this one. I have it but have not tried it yet.
    Chemical Guys SPI_995_16 Meticulous Matte Detailer and Spray Sealant (16 oz)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FQHY64S

some reviews were negatives and described your issue. And then others chimed in, saying to follow instructions and never do it under the sun and always do it in garage when a car is cool. I think that person just redid it in garage, and it went back to normal.

I did try 303 protectant but it did seem shiny to me. I also tried Optimum tire dressing (which is also similar to 303 and can be used on anything) but it was super shiny (no wonder as it is main application is tires).

I also tried Lexol Vinyl conditioner but it was shiny and greasy.
    2019 Charger Scat Pack Destroyer Grey, Dynamics Package, Plus Group, Dual Carbon Stripe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi_57 View Post
    U can usually get Protect All at. wa Mart in the RV section.

Sent via Tapatalk
    read reviews and saw some youtube - looks like an awesome product! and cheap!

I am not sure thought it is good for matte vinyl stripes as they do mention "shine" in a few places. I might try that if Chemical Brothers product won't work for me.

and I will be getting it for interior for sure! looks like it can be used on anything even glass :0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys here a couple pics of the front of my Scat with before and after I added CF wrap. I used Protect All on both and you can see that there is no issues. One side benefit is the bugs come off with just normal washing.
    Note - I had the Dodge hash marks on both with and with the wrap.

Here is another tip. Stop at your local RV store and look for a cleaner called VOOM. This stuff comes in a 1 gal jug and is concentrated. I mix it 20:1 for normal cleaning. It's as good or better that things like Simple Green, it is not toxic, it is bio degradable and has very mild smell. It's clear when mixed so I add a few drops of green food coloring.

Last edited by hemi_57; 06-12-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice, thanks Dale! BTW I do not know how many times I've used your little website but never thanked you! It is like a bible of mods for Scat Pack I just reviewed again yesterday and will be getting door sills

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BorisGT View Post
    read reviews and saw some youtube - looks like an awesome product! and cheap!

I am not sure thought it is good for matte vinyl stripes as they do mention "shine" in a few places. I might try that if Chemical Brothers product won't work for me.

and I will be getting it for interior for sure! looks like it can be used on anything even glass :0
    I would not use Protect All on glass or the dash. Over the years I have learned that just a damp cloth for cleaning the dash and to use a sun shade.

For cleaning glass I use Invisible Glass. But you need to start with clean glass. To that end:
    1. I Clay Bar the windshield
    2. Wipe it clean with a spray bottle filled with water and a few drops of soap (my wet decal solution).
    3. Clean with Invisible Glass. If you have streaks use a very light mist of your soap/water solution and buff with a MF Cloth.
    4. Don't forget to clean your wiper blade rubber.

One last tip - Water Spots

I use to make my own concoction to clean my glass. 1 oz of RainX, 1 oz of Wink (Rust Stain Remover) and 18 oz's of Windshield Washer Fluid. This will take hard water spots off the glass or even a painted surface. BUT, if you use it on a painted surface be SURE to thoroughly wash and REWAX that area.
    Last edited by hemi_57; 06-12-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok my protect all should be here tonight . I’ll try a small area down in the front in case it doesn’t work out well but I can’t leave it like it is, it looks terrible I can’t believe what I’ve done. I guess it was my fault from doing in sun? Wonder if I RE did it in shared with same matte protectant if it would get fixed. I emailed Adams but they ha ent responded yet lol

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    We have all had our share of "Doh" moments. It happens. I'm sure you will get it worked out and will be wiser for it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok before protect all arrived, sun was hiding behind clouds so I went with the same matte protectant . This time I followed you tube instruction lol since Adams doesn’t sell anymore they don’t have instructions, installed it very carefully, long slow strokes back and forth like paint, shook it up properly, let it dry 3 minutes, then buffed with a clean mf towel. It looks a hec of a lot better so far although we won’t know until the sun is out tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    now I see it in the sun, its definitely not perfect but it's a good 80% better... Guess when I have time I'll try one last solid coat.. not sure why this is so difficult lol...

Post Thanks / Like

Found some sun and matte protectant but...

At least the protection part seems to be working, water beading up nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Heat00; 06-13-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's definitely a finicky product. I find that I treat it more like a wax. I apply it on both stripes, let it haze slightly, and then buff it like I would wax.

2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    Hemifever tune
    3.70 gears
    Borla Atak
    AES bypass
    eBay longtube headers
    2016 Charger Scat PackLMI Intake3.70 gearsLongtube headersBorla AtakActive exhaust deleteHemifever Tuning
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12