Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Went from a '18 R/T to a '19 Scat....

So I currently have a '18 R/T, my first Charger, and I fell in love with it. I have the itch for a Scat Pack though now, with a case of motor envy.
    It seems like a no brainer, aka no downsides, except for worse MPG's, takes premium (versus 89), & it's more money.

Outside of that...anyone else made the jump/switch, or any other comments/feedback?

Right?
    Last edited by snobrdrdan; 07-14-2019 at 07:37 AM.
    2019 Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    I went from a 5.7 RT to the scat pack. No regrets. Suspension is way more rigid, but the motor is just such an upgrade. Anyone who says it’s not isn’t telling the truth. The 6.4 just pulls like a freight train in comparison. Gas mileage wasn’t much different to be honest.

Post Thanks / Like
    No plans, the RT is all I need. I sit in traffic all day. I pay $$ in insurance where I live. Didn't need it higher. Plus I didn't have $10K more. Can;t find a 392 with low miles under $35K where I live. I have never spent more the $29K for a car. Gas mileage will be a wash. It take more revs to get the heavy car moving...the 6.4 pulls that weight better. Didn't you just put all those upgrades in your car?
    16 Charger RT, R1 slotted rotors, ST pads, Mopar super track pack suspension, Mopar strut bar
    07 300 SRT8-retired

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can do it, it’s a great move ... but then again I’m the last one to ask lol... I’m on my third 392...

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...
    Likes 768mph liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2016 scat and my buddy has a 2017 RT 5.7 which I drove the other day for the first time and I will say it is night and day difference. I even put it in sport and was pretty disappointed. I will say it is a more "practical" daily but even in my scat when I drive like a normal person I average 18-19MPGs city and recently did a road trip to south FL with the AC on full blast, music, cooled seats and I hit 25.2MPGs with cruise set between 78-83mph. When its go time sport/track turn this thing into a whole different animal. I am soo happy I didn't settle for the 5.7 for my wants/needs. Good luck!
    Likes Heat00, PaulMc, ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Captmurica View Post
    I went from a 5.7 RT to the scat pack. No regrets. Suspension is way more rigid, but the motor is just such an upgrade. Anyone who says it’s not isn’t telling the truth. The 6.4 just pulls like a freight train in comparison. Gas mileage wasn’t much different to be honest.
    I already have the Scat suspension on my R/T currently....so I know what the suspension is like, and I don't find it rigid actually.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JTSRT8 View Post
    No plans, the RT is all I need. I sit in traffic all day. I pay $$ in insurance where I live. Didn't need it higher. Plus I didn't have $10K more. Can;t find a 392 with low miles under $35K where I live. I have never spent more the $29K for a car. Gas mileage will be a wash. It take more revs to get the heavy car moving...the 6.4 pulls that weight better. Didn't you just put all those upgrades in your car?
    Insurance is actually the same, for me thru Progressive, whether it's a Scat or a R/T.

Yeah I did a few things to the R/T, but I'd pull most of it off before getting rid of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the feedback guys, as I actually haven't driven a Scat Pack.
    I don't mind my R/T at all, but I feel like I'm missing out a little by not having the bigger motor.
    And who knows how long the big gas guzzling V8's will be around for....so IMO, I feel like I should do it while I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a 2010 Challenger and mod'd the crap out of it. Traded it and a 14 Cadillac ATS 2.0T in on my Scat and never looked back.

OBTW - My Scat sits right next to my 08 LS3 Corvette. I have the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by hemi_57; 05-27-2019 at 01:27 PM.
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site
    Likes Jay Z, 16392Scat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It's all about being happy with what you want. I know people that have a scat/srt that wish they had a hellcat. Then hellcat users wish they had a demon.

I love my scat pack and I've enjoyed it for the last 3 years.

Former owner of a Ram 1500, Current owner of a Dodge charger scat pack, possible future owner of a jeep gladiator.
    Likes gatortrout, Jay Z, 16392Scat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    After owning a 6.4 I won't own anything else. This engine is just a monster.

2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    Hemifever tune
    3.70 gears
    Borla Atak
    AES bypass
    eBay longtube headers
    2016 Charger Scat PackLMI Intake3.70 gearsLongtube headersBorla AtakActive exhaust deleteHemifever Tuning

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 16392Scat View Post
    ... when I drive like a normal person I average 18-19MPGs city and recently did a road trip to south FL with the AC on full blast, music, cooled seats and I hit 25.2MPGs ...
    This is right where I'm at with mine around town and on the freeway. To be really honest, I never expected this car to be as good on gas as it is. I drove down to S. Fla on friday and was averaging 23+ mpg at 85ish for most of the trip.
    Paul
    16 Charger Scat Pack
    HC airbox/tube, catch can, 19 grille, Vertini RF 1.3 20x10/20x11, Tazer

Likes 768mph, 16392Scat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I will say if you have a friend with a scat pack then go for a good ride first, cause once you go to the dealer and test drive it, I'm sure you will not look back! best bang for the buck, as others stated its a different animal.
    17" Green Go Charger Scat Pack 20% Tint, Brass Monkey Hellcat reps, Mid Muffler delete, Luxe tail light kit, Green billet oil catch can, Red Reflective 392 Hemi badge, Zdatt 6k Led headlights
    Likes snobrdrdan, 16392Scat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was where you were a little over. Year ago. I had a 2017 5.7 Daytona. After 7 months I thraded it in on a 2018 Daytona 392. It’s a great upgrade and at times it can scare you...especially in 30 to 40 degree weather lol
    Thanks snobrdrdan thanked for this post
    Likes snobrdrdan, Sunwalker12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I didn't know this, but I have to keep my current car for at least 6 months under the FCA Employee Program rules....so I might end up ordering a car and that should be the time frame that I can trade this one in.

I'm pretty sold on the Scat Pack idea though...even without driving it.
    The new "premium" (stitched) dash looks better too, in the Plus package.

Color wise...I'm not sure if I'd get another IndiGo Blue or not. I'm thinking Triple Nickel or possibly the White Knuckle.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast