Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went from a 2016 Daytona 5.7 to a 2019 scat. Sometimes I can’t tell much of a difference and then I start going through gears and realize how much “headroom” I have and the pedal is only down 33% of the way. I love my 6.4 and it’s my daily driver which consists of a 1 mile commute to work .
    Thanks snobrdrdan thanked for this post
    Likes snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Drock2k1 View Post
    I went from a 2016 Daytona 5.7 to a 2019 scat. Sometimes I can’t tell much of a difference and then I start going through gears and realize how much “headroom” I have and the pedal is only down 33% of the way. I love my 6.4 and it’s my daily driver which consists of a 1 mile commute to work .
    If I were you , I get a new job further away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BorisGT, Drock2k1, snobrdrdan, ODB, PaulMc and 1 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by centexcharger View Post
    After owning a 6.4 I won't own anything else. This engine is just a monster.

2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    Hemifever tune
    3.70 gears
    Borla Atak
    AES bypass
    eBay longtube headers
    I can't speak of the 5.7 - I've never had one - but I just had an awesome day out with out my Scat Pack. I don't drive it much. Still under 2K miles. But a first for me today; I chirped tires in the first three gears from a stop light launch. This is with the Dynamics Pack OE tires. The 6.4 is indeed a beast.
    Likes snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamsquatch View Post
    I can't speak of the 5.7 - I've never had one - but I just had an awesome day out with out my Scat Pack. I don't drive it much. Still under 2K miles. But a first for me today; I chirped tires in the first three gears from a stop light launch. This is with the Dynamics Pack OE tires. The 6.4 is indeed a beast.
    If have P zero's you can light them up thru 3 gears easy. Also, be careful on wet roads. P zero's suck IMHO!

Sent via Tapatalk
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Drock2k1 View Post
    it’s my daily driver which consists of a 1 mile commute to work .
    Same here, lol
    2019 Charger Scat Pack
    Likes Drock2k1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi_57 View Post
    If have P zero's you can light them up thru 3 gears easy. Also, be careful on wet roads. P zero's suck IMHO!

Sent via Tapatalk
    And if you have the 245 A/S like I do, it never stops burning as you drive sideways down the road lol
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanted to update this thread and also thank everyone for their comments.....I ended up (finally) getting a '19 Scat Pack Plus with a sunroof yesterday, in Triple Nickel
    I wish I could've gotten the driver confidence package (for the HID's), but it was slim pickings for availability & I didn't order the car.

Pics:
    4B9299E7-DEC1-4360-8C97-C678C00BAA28 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

6A99F6B2-3E33-4938-BA7E-52608F51B7FD by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

0F6E4C0D-2F44-4F3D-8053-8A3DEFFDE32D by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

553F5BE1-F478-4704-8CEC-FFF9C9282E05 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

That said, about the HID's, any recommendations for something that is plug 'n play/drop in?

Post Thanks / Like
    A coworker of mine got an 18 5.7 Challenger last year. Destroyer gray, black wheels, awesome car. It lasted about 3 weeks, he gave it to his wife and got a Charger SP
    Theres really very little comparison between the 2 when it comes to performance IMO.
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!
    Likes snobrdrdan, ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
    I just wanted to update this thread and also thank everyone for their comments.....I ended up (finally) getting a '19 Scat Pack Plus with a sunroof yesterday, in Triple Nickel
    I wish I could've gotten the driver confidence package (for the HID's), but it was slim pickings for availability & I didn't order the car.

Pics:

That said, about the HID's, any recommendations for something that is plug 'n play/drop in?
    Thats a sharp looking Charger!

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve had my 18 5.7 for eighteen months with 4K on the odometer. My top speed to date is 90 mph. I’m not sure where I could go to drive it any faster. The drag strip I suppose but I’m not interested in doing that. So for me, the 5.7 is plenty since I don’t drive it to near it’s capability.
    2018 Charger R/T Super Track Pak F8 Green
    2007 Charger R/T Road & Track Stone White (Gone)

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice 392 indeed, snobrdrdan. Saw your listing for the Bilstein kit w/SP springs. I'm curious how the kit performed for you.

I bought my first Charger about six weeks ago and am very much enjoying a Billet Silver 2017 R/T Daytona with Beats.
    However, I too can't help but look longingly at the SP's performance now that I've settled into the 5.7L.
    Naturally, I found the available SP packages to potentially satiate a desire for more performance while maintaining the warranty and wonder if this would be enough or would I just end up in a SP anyway.
    2017 Billet Dodge Charger Daytona 5.7L

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post

Pics:

Just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations, enjoy the new found power !!! With great power comes great....... you know the rest !! Have fun !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats a sweet lookin charger. I'd drive it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my full build at worldsfastesthemi.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice pickup....
    The 5.7 with some suspension upgrades, 3.09 swap & better tires isn't a slouch. I have fun in mine.
    Though I do hate when a SP comes along & then acts like a ass to "prove" he's faster. Happens all the time where I live.
    The diode dynamics kit with 5K bulbs. Had mine since October. No problems to date. On sale & buying new headlight caps off ebay was $184
    Last edited by JTSRT8; 07-12-2019 at 06:40 PM.
    16 Charger RT, R1 slotted rotors, ST pads, Mopar super track pack suspension, Mopar strut bar
    07 300 SRT8-retired

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by green8teen345 View Post
    I’ve had my 18 5.7 for eighteen months with 4K on the odometer. My top speed to date is 90 mph. I’m not sure where I could go to drive it any faster. The drag strip I suppose but I’m not interested in doing that. So for me, the 5.7 is plenty since I don’t drive it to near it’s capability.
    You're probably right...I didn't drive it to it's potential either probably, but I had fun with it while I had it. Just the feeling of knowing that I was missing out on the 100+hp (difference) kept getting to me and figured I should get one while I can and before everything goes electric. No replacement for displacement, or something like that.
    The 5.7 had a lot of bark though (I loved the sound), but probably didn't have the bite to back it up. Whereas, with the 6.4, it's got a DEEP exhaust note & I know it's got the bite to back it up.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast