Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the immortal words of Joel Goodson, "Sometimes you've just got to 'what the f*ck'; Make your move".

If you can swing it financially, do it. Gotta have some fun while you can.

Risky Business - U of I - YouTube
    Paul
    16 Charger Scat Pack
    HC airbox/tube, catch can, 19 grille, Vertini RF 1.3 20x10/20x11, Tazer

Likes snobrdrdan, PaRtY_StArTeR liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey I traded a 10 R/T Challenger and 14 Cadillac ATS 2.OT for my 17 Scat. Took it the shorts on the Caddy and made out on Challenger and sales taxes. Would I do it again... In a heartbeat Going from a 5.7 to a 6.4....

Sent via Tapatalk
    Last edited by hemi_57; 06-06-2019 at 07:41 PM.
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site
    Likes ronan978, PaulMc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi_57 View Post
    Hey I traded a 10 R/T Challenger and 14 Cadillac ATS 2.OT for my 17 Scat...
    a bit off topic; I came very close to buying a 14 ATS a while back. Drove it, loved it, but it was a bit too small for my tastes. Ended up with a 5.0 Genesis Sedan instead. Traded the Genesis for my Scat.
    Hands down, most enjoyable car I've owned to date. A couple of years ago a Charger wasn't even on my radar; but there's slim pickings when your criteria is 2016+ rwd, 4 door sedans under $45k that make over 400hp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucky you didn't buy the ATS.. I took almost 40% depreciation hit on the ATS.

Sent via Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Had a 13 ATS. Loved it but agree it is small. My wife stole it and I got her SUV(Escape) That's when I pulled the trigger on the SCAT. So six months this later, she traded the ATS for a new caddy SUV. Took a big hit on the trade. Lost $16k in four years.

On the original post, I had a 5.7 in my 03 1500. Close in weight to the SCAT. Night and day difference to the 6.4! My wife calls the SCAT a beast.
    Last edited by Hot Rod Joe; 06-06-2019 at 10:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaRtY_StArTeR View Post
    I traded my 2016 Blacktop R/T 5.7 Challenger, for my now 2016 Scat Pack Charger. I was pretty disappointed in the 5.7 on how it performed and sounded. With that said, the 392 is in a class of its own and you will thank yourself later for switching. As for as MPG goes, I look at it as "smiles per gallon".
    I don't mind my 5.7 R/T actually, but it's just "missing" that extra 100hp.
    My car actually sounds VERY good with the active exhaust...it's decently loud stock.
    The guy at the dealer today, actually, thought it had an exhaust on it...lol
    2019 Charger Scat Pack
    Likes PaRtY_StArTeR liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BorisGT View Post
    I love scat pack!

But financially speaking, you will take a big hit since you have 18. I would wait for the new gen Charger and you will be the coolest guy for a while

MPG can be good but it sucks for me and premium gas is 45 cents more in FL because of the tax so there is that...I knew that upfront though and was ready to see 14 mpg on average but it sits at 12.7 for me. It just my city stop and go traffic that kills it plus I like to hit it when I can. If I drive like a normal person, I can get 17mpg but it is boring as heck then. On I4, I was seeing 25-27 average but again if I drive like a normal person

I literally find myself at the gas station every 6 days. if you mostly drive in town like myself just be aware of this so there are no ragrets )
    Yeah I've only had my car 6 months, but if I trade it in & get a Scat Pack....I'm only looking to pay $40/month more than what I'm paying on the R/T right now & it seems possible.
    I like the current generation though.

Premium is 60 cents more than regular here in Michigan. :(
    BUT the R/T is already drinking mid grade, which is 30 cents more....so what's another 30 cents, lol.
    I don't drive far/much...so I don't fill it up that often, but the MPG's suck regardless since it's stop & go city driving.
    I'm seeing 15-16MPG, average, in the 1,400 miles I've put on her in 6 months with the R/T.

Post Thanks / Like
    I run 18-20 mpg avg and 24-27 on the road.

Sent via Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I run about 9-11 avg and can achieve about 19-20 on a road trip. It’s this damn iron foot....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ronan978;5139968]I run about 9-11 avg and can achieve about 19-20 on a road trip. It’s this damn iron foot....
    You will slow down with age and your mileage will increase... lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
    I don't mind my 5.7 R/T actually, but it's just "missing" that extra 100hp.
    My car actually sounds VERY good with the active exhaust...it's decently loud stock.
    The guy at the dealer today, actually, thought it had an exhaust on it...lol
    Don't get me wrong, the 5.7 is a great platform. But the 392 far exceeds the 5.7s potential. My 5.7 had the track package, bigger brakes, upgraded suspension and a higher top speed than a standard RT. Unfortunately, mine didn't sound that great and I was getting beat by other V8s.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Thanks snobrdrdan thanked for this post
    Likes snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My 5.7 with bolt on mods got me to 153.9 at the Texas mile.

Sent via Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi_57 View Post
    My 5.7 with bolt on mods got me to 153.9 at the Texas mile.

Sent via Tapatalk
    That's an open back road for a 6.4. It's kinda scary how fast it climbs to and through the triple digits.

2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    Hemifever tune
    3.70 gears
    Borla Atak
    AES bypass
    eBay longtube headers
    2016 Charger Scat PackLMI Intake3.70 gearsLongtube headersBorla AtakActive exhaust deleteHemifever Tuning

Post Thanks / Like
    my top speed is 183 on 45 after the repaved it. yeah, i know im stupid.
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by centexcharger View Post
    ... It's kinda scary how fast it climbs to and through the triple digits.
    This.. I spend a LOT of time on I-95 between Jacksonville and Palm City/Stuart area and there are a few areas where you can stretch the car's legs out a bit with little fear of coming across a cop. For the record, I haven't taken it over 135 but it gets there from 80mph in a real hurry.

I'm anxious for a mile event to happen in my area again, I'd really like to see what my Scat can do in a "controlled" setting vs on the freeway.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast