Thread: Active exhaust

Post Thanks / Like

Active exhaust

So random question. I have a 2018 charger scatpack and installed vibrant 1794s couple months ago. I thought I had a exhaust leak after but took it back and nothing. Problem I’m having is when I get on the throttle I hear this Loud hissing sound for a quick second or so. Sounds like maybe something with the active exhaust? I never heard it before with the stock mufflers

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you grab a video?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    2017 Pitch Black Charger Scat Pack 392
    20% tint, Billet Technologies Matte Black Catch Can, LED interior lighting, ZL1 Rock Guards, K&N drop in filter, MaxBeam Smoked LED side markers
    Likes calirose17 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by calirose17 View Post
    So random question. I have a 2018 charger scatpack and installed vibrant 1794s couple months ago. I thought I had a exhaust leak after but took it back and nothing. Problem I’m having is when I get on the throttle I hear this Loud hissing sound for a quick second or so. Sounds like maybe something with the active exhaust? I never heard it before with the stock mufflers Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    maybe it's the blow off valve LOL... just kidding... weird problem actually... what are vibrant 1794s btw? I thought I was the only one with strange weird sounding problems...
    '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 E90 M3; '07 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    Can you grab a video?

I will try to take one this week

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    maybe it's the blow off valve LOL... just kidding... weird problem actually... what are vibrant 1794s btw? I thought I was the only one with strange weird sounding problems...
    Haha that’s pretty much what it sounds like. Vibrant mufflers is what I replaced my stock ones with

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha that’s pretty much what it sounds like. Vibrant mufflers is what I replaced my stock ones with

Your active exhaust valves are squeaking. You also might hear them during a cold start I bet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakepeterman View Post
    Your active exhaust valves are squeaking. You also might hear them during a cold start I bet.
    Hear them more at WOT and sometimes after cold start after couple of seconds. Any fix or do I need to replace them or replace with a delete kit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hear them more at WOT and sometimes after cold start after couple of seconds. Any fix or do I need to replace them or replace with a delete kit?

They should be under warranty. Mine are doing the same thing. The issue is some dealers might not like our aftermarket changes (I have the mid- muffler delete) and try to deny it on that.

Post Thanks / Like
    We had this come up before on this forum and the dealer refused to warranty the actuators because the exhaust had been modified (mid-mufflers) so not sure which way it will go but good luck OP.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group

Post Thanks / Like
    If mine broke, I'd say screw it and delete them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve been thinking I might go the delete route with the kit. It’s a lease so hopefully they don’t say anything when I return it two years later

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a car leaser...But won;t they put the car up on a lift when you return , and see the delete kit? I heard the actuators are outrageous high $$

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OlGeezer2018 View Post
    Not a car leaser...But won;t they put the car up on a lift when you return
    No, they don't put it on a lift. They just do a visual walk around inspection, for a lease return
    2018 Charger R/T

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not the MFER kit and leave everything there. Then just remove when you turn in.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8
    Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
    Why not the MFER kit and leave everything there. Then just remove when you turn in.
    That's a really good idea. That kit doesn't "remove" anything, so it's quite easy to reverse.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk