Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tires

Post Thanks / Like

Tires

I know this is going to open a GIANT can of worms but I'd like some new opinions. I've read much from the past, any new thoughts? What are gonna be the best gripping street tires to replace my not that great stock Pirelli 275-40-20? Can you squeeze a slightly wider tire on without rub?
    Stock 2018 Scat Pack Charger

Post Thanks / Like
    I just replaced my mt et street ss tires with the toyo r888r and they are great. Even do great in the wet.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2007 R/T, long tubes, off road mids, borla atak exhaust. Inertia cnc big valve heads, inertia raging trojan cam, D1SC procharger 6.1 srt aluminum intake, mopar performance tcm, Trufiber Carbon Fiber SRT8 hood.
    Likes Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    For a street tire , I vote toyo t1’s sports otherwise I like the MT street ss or R’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    For where you live, you can get away with Summer tires 11 out of 12 months a year, but the rain frequency would keep me off drag radials there if you daily driver the car.

Tire choice depends on a few other factors...how you drive and how deep your pockets are.

The Firestone Indy 500's are a great tire for the price. I haven't tried the Toyos Ronan suggested, but I trust him on tire choice.

Someone is inevitably going to say Michelins, but you have to have deep pockets for them, especially when you may very well be buying a set of tires every year lol.

Iirc, you have the Dynamics package so if you want the ability to rotate, stay with the 275's. If you don't care about rotating, you can go with 305/35 with your wheels and be fine.

You gonna make it back to the cones course in Danville at the end of July?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by punisher69; 05-12-2019 at 07:10 PM.
    Thanks folingo thanked for this post
    Likes Tikibeast, karlsweg, ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StrokedRT View Post
    I just replaced my mt et street ss tires with the toyo r888r and they are great. Even do great in the wet.

What he said or the Nitto 555 G2. I M biased but i put the Nittos on mine after the Pirellis and have not looked back. Daily driven and still grab like day one.
    2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
    Go Mango
    Dynamics Package
    Tazer
    Hellcat Lower Airbox
    ZL1 Rock Guards
    20% Tint
    Likes StrokedRT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just ordered Toyo Proxes T1 Sports for the wife's 16 Scat Charger. She's put two sets of Continental DSW06 (or is it DWS?? I never remember) and they get half worn and although decent on hot dry pavement, wet roads get dicey. I predict she will like these tires much better than the Conti's

I ran my T1's right down to nothing and they still stuck to the road and did well on wet roads (not pouring out kinda wet).

Like mentioned above, depends on driving style, life expectancy of the tires and what you want to spend.
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package, 6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression 2016 Hellcat Charger rear cradle and brakes swap, DSS 4" custom driveshaft, 3.09 Scat Pack rear diff.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Luvin my Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's.

Great tire for the money !

Likes Srtgreat, Tikibeast, karlsweg liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunky17 View Post
    What he said or the Nitto 555 G2. I M biased but i put the Nittos on mine after the Pirellis and have not looked back. Daily driven and still grab like day one.
    I daily drive mine and put down 572hp and 508tq. The r888r work great. I can't tell you about tire life though. I only have about 600 miles on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do not order Continental ExtremeContact DWS, they do not compare to the OEM Pirelli's in wet or dry grip. This is my experience with 275/40/20 & 315/35/20. I have not tried the summer variant of the Conti's. My next pair will likely be the Toyo's.
    Thanks folingo thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Combatvet View Post
    Do not order Continental ExtremeContact DWS, they do not compare to the OEM Pirelli's in wet or dry grip. This is my experience with 275/40/20 & 315/35/20. I have not tried the summer variant of the Conti's. My next pair will likely be the Toyo's.
    Hey, I ended up getting those toyo’s from overseas. They came in very quickly and look great. Will be mounting them as soon as a finish stripping the powdercoating off my welds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    Hey, I ended up getting those toyo’s from overseas. They came in very quickly and look great. Will be mounting them as soon as a finish stripping the powdercoating off my welds.

Which Toyo's did you go with

Post Thanks / Like

Tires

Quote Originally Posted by StrokedRT View Post
    Which Toyo's did you go with

Proxes t1’s sports

Post Thanks / Like

Tires

I had the original Nitto NT-555 on my Marauder, even in warm weather they had terrible wet grip and downright scary below 40F. They cracked badly after only a few years Hopefully those issues were addressed in the G2 IMG_0713.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Last edited by folingo; 05-13-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the Az-850 for my Hellcat wheels 275-40-20 all 4. The tires are probably a bit smaller than the Stock Pirelli certainly no bulge or wiggles the 9.5 wide wheels keep the tires tight. Great wet grip so far even in the cold spring. Noise level good, but that may change as they wearIMG_1273.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    For where you live, you can get away with Summer tires 11 out of 12 months a year, but the rain frequency would keep me off drag radials there if you daily driver the car.

Tire choice depends on a few other factors...how you drive and how deep your pockets are.

The Firestone Indy 500's are a great tire for the price. I haven't tried the Toyos Ronan suggested, but I trust him on tire choice.

Someone is inevitably going to say Michelins, but you have to have deep pockets for them, especially when you may very well be buying a set of tires every year lol.

Iirc, you have the Dynamics package so if you want the ability to rotate, stay with the 275's. If you don't care about rotating, you can go with 305/35 with your wheels and be fine.

You gonna make it back to the cones course in Danville at the end of July?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    I put on some Firestone INDY 500’s two weeks ago, 275/40/20, and let me tell you that these tires hook pretty damn well. Only con so far is they’re bricks in the mornings haha. Let’s see how long they last me, will update y’all later.

Likes jjo, Tikibeast, karlsweg liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast