Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: Tires

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent, thanks to everyone. Hey Punisher69 good to meet you at the airstrip in Danville few weeks ago. Sorry we didn't get to talk a little more. I didn't realize at an autocross you are busy pretty much the whole time, working or driving. I'm not sure yet. It was fun but that's A LOT of car to be throwing around all day.
    I only weekend drive the car, NEVER in rain so drag radials may be the call.

    ???
    Likes Tikibeast, ronan978, punisher69 liked this post

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Posts
    3,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WRIGHTSVILLESURFER View Post
    Excellent, thanks to everyone. Hey Punisher69 good to meet you at the airstrip in Danville few weeks ago. Sorry we didn't get to talk a little more. I didn't realize at an autocross you are busy pretty much the whole time, working or driving. I'm not sure yet. It was fun but that's A LOT of car to be throwing around all day.
    I only weekend drive the car, NEVER in rain so drag radials may be the call.

    ???
    If you only weekend it, and never rain you only have one other concern....your driving style.

    If you're going to AutoX it regularly, then by all means go with the R888r's. If you're not so much into cornering then DR's would be the choice.

    It's easy to spend someone else's money, but my money in that car would be 275/40 fronts, 305/35 rears Indy 500's. It's a solid tire and a decent price that can corner as well as go straight. That's me, I'm a tightwad though.

    Ronan's suggestion of the Toyos is solid too and I'm waiting to hear how he likes them.

    I'm about to put my girl under the knife and when she recovers she'll be north of 850hp at the wheels, so I'll be buying some stickier shoes for the street than the Atturos I'm running now. Even though I do love them as an all around tire, I'm not sure they're going to even come close to holding the new power.



    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Likes Tikibeast, Bandit392 liked this post

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    194
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    If you only weekend it, and never rain you only have one other concern....your driving style.

    If you're going to AutoX it regularly, then by all means go with the R888r's. If you're not so much into cornering then DR's would be the choice.

    It's easy to spend someone else's money, but my money in that car would be 275/40 fronts, 305/35 rears Indy 500's. It's a solid tire and a decent price that can corner as well as go straight. That's me, I'm a tightwad though.

    Ronan's suggestion of the Toyos is solid too and I'm waiting to hear how he likes them.

    I'm about to put my girl under the knife and when she recovers she'll be north of 850hp at the wheels, so I'll be buying some stickier shoes for the street than the Atturos I'm running now. Even though I do love them as an all around tire, I'm not sure they're going to even come close to holding the new power.



    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I feel I’m going this route with the Indy’s. Just need to figure out what wheels I want, I’m leaning towards hellcat up front and possibly bravado tribute on rear to fit a 305. I love this forum lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Likes Tikibeast, karlsweg liked this post

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Posts
    3,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit392 View Post
    Yeah I feel I’m going this route with the Indy’s. Just need to figure out what wheels I want, I’m leaning towards hellcat up front and possibly bravado tribute on rear to fit a 305. I love this forum lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    If you get the Hellcat Reps from Factory Reproductions, you can get a 10.5 wide rear and the 305's will fit like a glove.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    194
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    If you get the Hellcat Reps from Factory Reproductions, you can get a 10.5 wide rear and the 305's will fit like a glove.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    That’s right. Thanks for reminding me about that. I now need to decide on brass monkey or matte black. Love em both


    Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    194
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know this is a fire thread started by a member, so why not drop my question in the category lol. How hard is it to convert my 4 piston brembos to a 6?


    Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,912
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit392 View Post
    I know this is a fire thread started by a member, so why not drop my question in the category lol. How hard is it to convert my 4 piston brembos to a 6?


    Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Not very hard , also not very cheap. What are your goals for this ? I prefer the lighter weight of the 4pot. And they do literally stop on a dime On these boats every pound counts. Unless going to road course , or just wanting the look of bigger brakes , I can’t think of any reason I would do such a thing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Bandit392 liked this post

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    194
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve taken that into consideration. As of what I want to do with the car, I just want to take it to the drag strip every now and then. I’m purchasing a daily, so that opens up my scatty as a project car. I love the look of the 6 piston though..


    Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have gone through the stock Pirelli's which weren't great and BFG Sport Comp2's which were better but not great. I now have the ExtremeContact Sport 2. They are so much better than the other two in dry and wet. And they have a 30K miles warranty which is more miles that I even have on the car.
    Thanks troper thanked for this post

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Apex, NC
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like
    My car came with the Pirelli PZero's which were terrible and needed to be replaced at 15k miles. I went with the Nitto 555G2's 275's up front and 315's in the rear. The wet and dry traction are great. I have no complaints. I took a road trip and I had to drive 9 hours in the rain and they performed much better than I expected for a summer tire. Dry traction is good to as long as the temps are above 55 or 60.
    2018 Scat Pack Charger | Destroyer Gray |
    Likes Tikibeast liked this post

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    2,991
    Post Thanks / Like
    yea this is my biggest problem with the summers, 15k life at best. my current firestone all seasons are wearing great and although they don't have anywhere near the dry "out of a dig" traction, I'm somewhat over that lol..... I have 7k on them and they are all at or above 8/32'nds which is more than half their life left... that makes me very happy lol. they are fine in the rain although any tire will break loose in the rain if not careful. the indy's are great tires especially for the price, i've had 2 sets of them.and yes this forum and it's people are great!now you all got me thinking about the 10.5 rears with 305 LOL....... too much for me as I don't keep the cars long enough to justify those changes... but if they ever come out with the wide body charger then problem solved hahah!!!
    '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 E90 M3; '07 335I Active Autowerks ...
    Thanks karlsweg thanked for this post
    Likes Tikibeast liked this post

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lake Elsinore, Ca
    Posts
    4,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    If you only weekend it, and never rain you only have one other concern....your driving style.

    If you're going to AutoX it regularly, then by all means go with the R888r's. If you're not so much into cornering then DR's would be the choice.

    It's easy to spend someone else's money, but my money in that car would be 275/40 fronts, 305/35 rears Indy 500's. It's a solid tire and a decent price that can corner as well as go straight. That's me, I'm a tightwad though.

    Ronan's suggestion of the Toyos is solid too and I'm waiting to hear how he likes them.

    I'm about to put my girl under the knife and when she recovers she'll be north of 850hp at the wheels, so I'll be buying some stickier shoes for the street than the Atturos I'm running now. Even though I do love them as an all around tire, I'm not sure they're going to even come close to holding the new power.



    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Man as much as I'm enjoying the 275 square setup I'm starting to wish I had enough wheel out back to mount some 305s back there and get a little more off the line traction.

    Galactus hungers...
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/35/20 Continental ExtremeContact DW (square), otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

    Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360
    Likes BM_SRT liked this post



  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,740
    Post Thanks / Like
    The op asked for the best gripping street tire so I'll throw in the Michelin PS4. It comes in 275/40/20 and 315/35/20. The Porsche models in those sizes were designed for a heavy, high performance Porsche Panamera sedan so it's no surprise that it's a perfect fit for a hemi powered lx.

    Grip in the wet or dry, road noise, comfort, life and looks are all the best I have ever experienced. It's a summer tire so they get better as it gets hotter outside but still phenomenal in the rain.



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.91 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Sport 4 315/35/20 & 275/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

    Thanks Combatvet thanked for this post
    Likes Tikibeast, punisher69 liked this post

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Posts
    3,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    That took a LOT longer than I expected Tires

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,740
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    That took a LOT longer than I expected Tires

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Haha I was out of town!

    But really, we spend a lot of money on our engines, suspension and braking, just to be limited by our tires. Budgets are unique to each person, but for me with no car payment, I don't mind spending more for an excellent tire that will allow me to use my mods to best of my ability. Maybe a few other tires are more competitive these days (I've been on the Michelin train a few years now) but I stick to what works for me.

    I went to 3.91 gears with no reservations after becoming comfortable with the level of grip. The oems love them and third party reviews also highly rank the PS4/PS4S in their tests.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •