Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smh300x26 View Post
    I replaced the batteries in the fob and then after that didn't do anything I did take it to the dealer and they had it for three days and couldn't fix the problem. Just left it at its the speakers. They are so much help
    He's talking to the OP. Your issue you know the cause, blocking reception with the dynamat

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8
    Thanks Combatvet thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
    He's talking to the OP. Your issue you know the cause, blocking reception with the dynamat

I can't believe that no one has dynamated the rear deck, trunk or doors. Anyone with a solution other than removing it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe that no one has dynamated the rear deck, trunk or doors. Anyone with a solution other than removing it?
    It's not the trunk or doors, it's the rear deck. See post #12. I've not seen a lot of people going serious stereo setups in this forum and on this latest gen Charger. So that might be why no one has posted about it before. I would see if you can't locate the exact spot under the module and just remove the Dynamat from there. Because it is good at blocking sounds, that makes it good at blocking RF too. I'm betting the antennae is built into the module, so probably no chance of extending it out for a clear reception point.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2019 Daytona 392 and I upgraded the speakers and installed a new amp. I had the rear deck dynamated and now my Key Fob most of the time doesn't work. I have to be right next to the car to get the doors to unlock and have to hold the key Fob right next to the start button most of the time. Now that I see this post it must be in the truck that is doing this. Is there a way to move or extend the antenna that's in the unit? I was going to Dynamat the hole trunk and do the doors but will be holding that off
    My whole trunk has 2 layers of ramm mat and ensolite foam and I can remote start mine from my house with the garage door closed. And that's with the charger in the shop which is a 100' away.

I did just have a situation where I picked it up from the tire shop and it wouldn't lock or start until I got in the car and locked and unlocked it and then it started working. First time in 3 years it's done that. I miss having a hard key.

2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    Hemifever tune
    3.70 gears
    Borla Atak
    AES bypass
    eBay longtube headers
    2016 Charger Scat PackLMI Intake3.70 gearsLongtube headersBorla AtakActive exhaust deleteHemifever Tuning

Post Thanks / Like
    My 16 Scat went weird with both FOBs after I put cheap no name batteries in them. Switched to Energizer 2032's and all my FOB related problems went away.... weird

Sent from my SM-G950W using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

HWDan is offline 2005 Magnum RT amd 2017 Charger SRT 392!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango Hemi View Post
    You could be right!! Over the weekend my wife and I went to one of the big Box warehouse stores and loaded the trunk up and no issues. Also wonder if the Tazer had anything to do with the issue as of Friday i unmarried it from the car.
    You mentioned it only happens when you get dog food? Do you always get it from the same place when this happens? Could it be there's radio interference somewhere near that pet store?
    Or better yet, what's the bag made of? Is it foil-lined like to preserve freshness or something like that? Not sure how but if it's foil and that helps to boost or scatter the signal to your fob some how. You might try experimenting with bag placement while you're at home to rule out suspected interference at the pet store.
    Hot Wheel Dan

2005 Magnum RT and 2017 Charger SRT Maximum Steel!

Post Thanks / Like
    funny I just see this thread, my cousin yesterday with an srt calls asks me how would the car start if FOB batter dies.. luckily he was at home and just grabbed the other one for the day, but I know the physical key can be used to unlock a door and to shift the tranny if need be, but I didn't know how to start the car. anyways I looked it up and you hold the fob to the start button and I guess some how it gives a signal to start. needless to say, just to be safe I changed my battery this am to and as I had some new enegizer 2032's laying around. who knows how long that key FOB sat around before the car got to us so maybe just worn batteries more than we thought, even if the car is new. for a few pennies is always worth just changing the fob battery and it's simple to do.
    '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 E90 M3; '07 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    funny I just see this thread, my cousin yesterday with an srt calls asks me how would the car start if FOB batter dies.. luckily he was at home and just grabbed the other one for the day, but I know the physical key can be used to unlock a door and to shift the tranny if need be, but I didn't know how to start the car. anyways I looked it up and you hold the fob to the start button and I guess some how it gives a signal to start. needless to say, just to be safe I changed my battery this am to and as I had some new enegizer 2032's laying around. who knows how long that key FOB sat around before the car got to us so maybe just worn batteries more than we thought, even if the car is new. for a few pennies is always worth just changing the fob battery and it's simple to do.
    Yep the idea is the battery is not completely dead, so you just need to hold it close to the receiver. Which I take it is close to the push start. In my Camaro it was on the steering column. Had a little key graphic so you knew where to hold it. In either case definitely won't work for long like that, so replace the battery asap.

HWDan is offline 2005 Magnum RT amd 2017 Charger SRT 392!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    and these passive entry keys are active all the time, even the 2nd key, so they do tend to die sooner and at the same time, or close to to same. Unless you remove the battery from the spare, replace them both, or keep the battery out of the spare until you need it.

(I keep passive entry disabled, but not sure if that cuts down on the car periodically polling for the keys but I keep the battery out of the spare anyway)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HWDan View Post
    and these passive entry keys are active all the time, even the 2nd key, so they do tend to die sooner and at the same time, or close to to same. Unless you remove the battery from the spare, replace them both, or keep the battery out of the spare until you need it.(I keep passive entry disabled, but not sure if that cuts down on the car periodically polling for the keys but I keep the battery out of the spare anyway)
    the easiest solution to me is just change the battery once a year and never have a worry... it's so easy and cheap. I have a 12 pack of the 2032's as most cars use the same or similar batteries in the FOBs... I think my wifes truck uses the same.. but you're right, I didn't change the back up key and I'm going to do that tonight lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123