Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did forget to mention i do have Tazer on the car and being its a 18 model year, its mounted in the truck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I have a 19, same setup.
    Check over the wires I guess and see if you can see anything with the potential to short.
    Otherwise, try to get a procedure down so that you can replicate it for a dealer/shop.

Post Thanks / Like
    the first time it did it at the pet shop i thought someone was messing with me releasing my trunk every time i had shut it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wierld.....mine started acting up as well. Sometimes I have to be super close to start it (like 5 feet), were it wasn't doing that before.

Is there any testing i can do to rule out items, like fob battery swap, trying it from the front or rear, any uconnect updates or even using the other key fob?

My 3 year, 36k warranty will be up in about 2 months...so If I need to service some of those components, i want to take it in for service...or point out the issues.

Former owner of a Ram 1500, Current owner of a Dodge charger scat pack, possible future owner of a jeep gladiator.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arod412 View Post
    Wierld.....mine started acting up as well. Sometimes I have to be super close to start it (like 5 feet), were it wasn't doing that before.

Is there any testing i can do to rule out items, like fob battery swap, trying it from the front or rear, any uconnect updates or even using the other key fob?

My 3 year, 36k warranty will be up in about 2 months...so If I need to service some of those components, i want to take it in for service...or point out the issues.

Former owner of a Ram 1500, Current owner of a Dodge charger scat pack, possible future owner of a jeep gladiator.
    You are on the right track. I'd test:

Another FOB (and another battery if you think both might be low)
    Methodically test locations (not just different positions around the car, but other locations too). You could have something generating RF interference nearby.

There's nothing Uconnect related that would cause this I know of. If both of your FOBs have the issue, then another key won't fix it. The remote module in the car would likely be the issue.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8
    Likes arod412 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys all have the same MY vehicle?
    This may become a known issue for a certain MY.
    Much like the 2011-2014 rear racetrack brake lighting or telematics module.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems you had 6 mo of 'no Problem' and carried stuff in your trunk...Only the dog food causes the problem...Maybe Dodge is saying Chargers are not for carrying Dog Food...you shoulda bought a Caravan !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OlGeezer2018 View Post
    Seems you had 6 mo of 'no Problem' and carried stuff in your trunk...Only the dog food causes the problem...Maybe Dodge is saying Chargers are not for carrying Dog Food...you shoulda bought a Caravan !
    You could be right!! Over the weekend my wife and I went to one of the big Box warehouse stores and loaded the trunk up and no issues. Also wonder if the Tazer had anything to do with the issue as of Friday i unmarried it from the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Tazer and have filled my trunk with heavy items many times for what it's worth.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had this issue happen to me last month. I was running a beta firmware on tazer and seemed to be causing the issue. I then unmarried and re installed tazer without beta. Still had issue. Then i cleaned out my trunk and mysteriously my fob regained consciousness and started to work properly haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok...this issue is becoming annoying for me. So far I tried the following:

1. Used backup key fob.

2. Different locations (front or back) when aiming

3. Happens on warm or cold weather.

4. Not keyfob battery related (see 1.)

My next step, is to disconnect the batter, and let it sit for 30-60 mins.

Any other suggestions on why any of my remote controls just randomly work/stop working?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit392 View Post
    I had this issue happen to me last month. I was running a beta firmware on tazer and seemed to be causing the issue. I then unmarried and re installed tazer without beta. Still had issue. Then i cleaned out my trunk and mysteriously my fob regained consciousness and started to work properly haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    If it was the Tazer than everybody using the Beta would have an issue. I do not have any issues other than once (my fault), and I have a Tazer. I keep two medium to large size items in my trunk at all time and they do not cause any interference.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2019 Daytona 392 and I upgraded the speakers and installed a new amp. I had the rear deck dynamated and now my Key Fob most of the time doesn't work. I have to be right next to the car to get the doors to unlock and have to hold the key Fob right next to the start button most of the time. Now that I see this post it must be in the truck that is doing this. Is there a way to move or extend the antenna that's in the unit? I was going to Dynamat the hole trunk and do the doors but will be holding that off

Post Thanks / Like
    It has to be the ??FOB?? brain, or antenna. Something has simply gone bad, or is causing interference. Take it to the dealer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatvet View Post
    It has to be the ??FOB?? brain, or antenna. Something has simply gone bad, or is causing interference. Take it to the dealer.
    I replaced the batteries in the fob and then after that didn't do anything I did take it to the dealer and they had it for three days and couldn't fix the problem. Just left it at its the speakers. They are so much help

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast