Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BorisGT View Post
    thanks! Man, I have these bubbles on _every_ single window and I can count at least 10-15 on each window. On one side window, I have a cluster of like 30 bubbles. Really sloppy. Even on a tiny side window in the back. And I parked my car under the sun for 7 days now almost every day.

He said he can redo but I really question now if he can. Did you get a refund from your first guy and did he remove his tint before you went to another place? Also were you concerned about him messing up the glass? My concern with having him redo is that he might mess it up even more with a razor blade and scratch my glass.

I cannot sleep for a week now :( Stuff like this drives me nuts. You go to a pro, pay him money (I paid $300) and hope he will do his part. He told me he had been doing this for 18 years and also does this for a local FCA dealer.

I think he also scratched drivers window but I cannot prove it as I am not sure it was not the dealership who did it when they were prepping the car.
    Btw my wife thought I was going crazy cause I lost sleep over it to. I told her its frustrating when you pay someone to do there job and they mess it up. But anything over 15 bubbles in my opinion to me is sloppy

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Likes BorisGT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks! Man, I have these bubbles on _every_ single window and I can count at least 10-15 on each window. On one side window, I have a cluster of like 30 bubbles. Really sloppy. Even on a tiny side window in the back. And I parked my car under the sun for 7 days now almost every day.

He said he can redo but I really question now if he can. Did you get a refund from your first guy and did he remove his tint before you went to another place? Also were you concerned about him messing up the glass? My concern with having him redo is that he might mess it up even more with a razor blade and scratch my glass.

I cannot sleep for a week now :( Stuff like this drives me nuts. You go to a pro, pay him money (I paid $300) and hope he will do his part. He told me he had been doing this for 18 years and also does this for a local FCA dealer.

I think he also scratched drivers window but I cannot prove it as I am not sure it was not the dealership who did it when they were prepping the car.
    Ask for a refund. Take it to a good installer and make sure there using quality tint. Tint the windshield 50%ceramic and 15% all around like I did and you’ll be happy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatvet View Post
    In the grand scheme of things is it really an issue that needs drastic measures like paint? I think not. If it were a show car I could maybe see doing something, but 99% of the vehicles on the road don't fit in that category.
    I find more benefit to addressing this, which can be seen from the inside and out every single day, versus dressing up my engine for example. IMO certain mods should not look like mods, they should look factory. you'll never see a factory tinted SUV with that garbage bubbling at the top, which we are all forced to accept through the tinting industry even though there truly are solutions. I had one guy a long time ago use a special glue that took care of the dot matrix issue, he was the only guy that seemed to know what the hell he was doing in my last 20 years of tinted cars.

Painting from the inside, as I have done on a previous vehicle, it took less than $10 and an hour of my time, and the car looked mint from that quality aspect.
    People spend hundreds of dollars for billet caps, decals, and painted engine components, and really who is seeing that? If it makes you happy, that's cool, but I'd rather focus my efforts on things people can see to look top notch tint and dot matrix rear window

@Boris
    IMO paint from the inside, or ask around, there is some type of glue that's meant for these dots to adhere to the tint specifically. It's been many years but I did have somebody do that to a car of mine once and it looked great, although I did prefer the painted look provided your tints are darker or you don't mind the top being blacked out otherwise. Just is flat, not glossy paint.
    GL

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Likes BorisGT, calirose17 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by calirose17 View Post
    Btw my wife thought I was going crazy cause I lost sleep over it to. I told her its frustrating when you pay someone to do there job and they mess it up. But anything over 15 bubbles in my opinion to me is sloppy

same here mate and same comment from my wife LOL. Texted my installer today and he cannot look at it till Friday :(

He did suggest doing Llumar ceramic 50% on front and 15% on sides and back and I love the combo. Was driving at night another day and visibility was still fine and a great thing in Florida, I do not have to put my sunglasses most of the time now. Only if I did not see all these bubbles in front of me!
    2019 Charger Scat Pack Destroyer Grey, Dynamics Package, Plus Group, Dual Carbon Stripe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inssane View Post
    I find more benefit to addressing this, which can be seen from the inside and out every single day, versus dressing up my engine for example. IMO certain mods should not look like mods, they should look factory. you'll never see a factory tinted SUV with that garbage bubbling at the top, which we are all forced to accept through the tinting industry even though there truly are solutions. I had one guy a long time ago use a special glue that took care of the dot matrix issue, he was the only guy that seemed to know what the hell he was doing in my last 20 years of tinted cars.

Painting from the inside, as I have done on a previous vehicle, it took less than $10 and an hour of my time, and the car looked mint from that quality aspect.
    People spend hundreds of dollars for billet caps, decals, and painted engine components, and really who is seeing that? If it makes you happy, that's cool, but I'd rather focus my efforts on things people can see to look top notch tint and dot matrix rear window

@Boris
    IMO paint from the inside, or ask around, there is some type of glue that's meant for these dots to adhere to the tint specifically. It's been many years but I did have somebody do that to a car of mine once and it looked great, although I did prefer the painted look provided your tints are darker or you don't mind the top being blacked out otherwise. Just is flat, not glossy paint.
    GL

thanks for understanding my pain, guys. How much visibility wise did you sacrifice? looks like from the inside, it is not a lot to lose because of the sloped roof in the back.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for understanding my pain, guys. How much visibility wise did you sacrifice? looks like from the inside, it is not a lot to lose because of the sloped roof in the back.
    I did not do it on this car. My installer was pretty confident that it would turn out well, although he said it was challenging. His definition and mine of "looks good" we're different.
    There is a piece of fuzz or something that got on the rear window during the install, he tried to work it out but just stretched the film. He acknowledged this and said that if it was bothersome and didn't go away with heat and time he would fix it for me. So I might take that opportunity to paint it at the top, have him redo it and move on.
    I agree, because I have considered it on this car, that there shouldn't be much visibility loss at least not in my review mirror.

Post Thanks / Like
    As stated, depends on who does it & what they use. This is a task on many cars. I had a few in the past. From inside my tint look about average for the pics posted. From outside it's looks fine to me. Notice it a little up close.
    16 Charger RT, R1 slotted rotors, ST pads, Mopar super track pack suspension, Mopar strut bar
    07 300 SRT8-retired

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12