Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New tires today and comparison

Hate to make another tire thread and there is no real data here other than mileage but, I’ve been through about 8 sets of tires or so on my 3 chargers... remember i drive about 3k a month... so

Every summer tire I’ve had so far has only lasted less than 14k or so... this includes 2 sets of Indy’s, 1 set of conti’s, 1 set of general gmax, and the pirellis that came off today. I’ve also had 2 all seasons, the Goodyear 245’s and the pirellis on my daytona. My conclusion is this, no tire out of this group had much more traction than the other, sure the summers at first had better grip than the all seasons but that bite is gone around 5k or so, and none of them have made it 15k. This is with normal driving and half highway. The pirellis came off at 13.5k with 2-3/32nds! The pirellis wore probably the quickest however I ran my best time ever on them... but it was on the 2019 so it might not be fair comparison.. I’ll be trying 0-60 on the new ones don’t worry lol.
    This time I opted for an all season. Yes I know they are not high performance like summers but they should last a lot longer and no 275 tire has traction after a short while anyhow... I can’t buy tires every 4 months it’s getting out of hand lol. Went with firehawk a/s. They were in stock when I went looking around at my local firestone and they Ride very quiet and smooth. They were reasonably priced. Again , I’m not expecting the same performance out of them but really no street tire has great traction so what’s the difference. I went for something that might last longer. Happy to post back my thoughts as the mileage racks up. A few pics below, they don’t look bad I guess ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...
    Thanks Octane392, Tikibeast thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Pirelli P-Zero’s!!!!!!
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got sport comp all seasons. They stuck until I got tuned. Now it's laughable especially with it being cold out. I gotta find something that sticks without going full drag radial. Car isn't a daily but I still do 12k a year.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    2016 Charger Scat Pack/LMI Intake/3.70 gears/Longtube headers/Borla Atak/Active exhaust delete/Hemifever Tuning
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Those aren't bad tires Heat. 2 things: If you squared them, keep them rotated and make SURE you keep it aligned.

Having worked for Firestone and my dad running 2 sets on his 300 I know for fact they don't like misaligned cars...at all!!

And whoever recommends P Zeros for ANYTHING other than wall protection at a racetrack, is smoking some good sht.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Likes ronan978, hemi_57, Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

New tires today and comparison

I have 18k on my stock 275 P zeros and they still look pretty good. Not down to the wear indicators yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Find me on Youtube!! - https://www.youtube.com/user/randyknightjr
    Thanks Canadiantj thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Currently have P-Zero’s all around. Love em. They smoke great when I slide this thing around. Definitely going Nitto G2’s on the next setup.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    Those aren't bad tires Heat. 2 things: If you squared them, keep them rotated and make SURE you keep it aligned.

Having worked for Firestone and my dad running 2 sets on his 300 I know for fact they don't like misaligned cars...at all!!

And whoever recommends P Zeros for ANYTHING other than wall protection at a racetrack, is smoking some good sht.

Hahahahahahahahaha! Definitely some good ****

Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing worse than P Zeros is the Goodyears that came on the others.

Like riding on old steel wheeled roller skates...the kind you strapped over your shoes.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing worse than P Zeros is the Goodyears that came on the others.

Like riding on old steel wheeled roller skates...the kind you strapped over your shoes.

Good thing opinions aren’t facts lmao definitely love how the P-Zero’s dude

Post Thanks / Like
    Fact. I've been testing tires for over 20 years.

Fact. There are MANY tires far better than P Zeros.

The opinion is: You "love them".

Obviously another fact is that you haven't tried many tires on these cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fact. I've been testing tires for over 20 years.

Fact. There are MANY tires far better than P Zeros.

The opinion is: You "love them".

Obviously another fact is that you haven't tried many tires on these cars.

All of these statements are opinion based brother, I’m sorry you don’t like my answer and probably want to feel like you’re winning something for once. Pzero’s are great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KFLETCHPHOTOGRAPHY View Post
    All of these statements are opinion based brother, I’m sorry you don’t like my answer and probably want to feel like you’re winning something for once. Pzero’s are great!
    When it's tested and proven, it ceases to be opinion and becomes fact. Since you don't know the difference, I figured I'd help you out a little bit.

There's nothing to win "dude" and being a dick doesn't help your opinion become fact or facts become opinions.

Sorry for the trouble Heat.

Post Thanks / Like
    When it's tested and proven, it ceases to be opinion and becomes fact. Since you don't know the difference, I figured I'd help you out a little bit.

There's nothing to win "dude" and being a dick doesn't help your opinion become fact or facts become opinions.

Sorry for the trouble Heat.

Pzero’s FTW!

Post Thanks / Like
    ok ... I didn't mean to start disputes here LOL...whoever above said they have 18k on them, are they the summer or AS's? I haven't found a summer to go past 13-14k at best.. maybe here in the heat they wear quicker Idk lol.I agree the goodyears were hard as a rock. I didn't particularly like the pzero's but honestly I didn't see much of a difference between them and the indy's, conti's or generals.... maybe they lost traction sooner than the indy's and conti's but otherwise my opinion is that none of them last and none really have traction... guess nothing will have traction in 275 width ....this is all why I NEED a widebody charger scat !!! the widebody challey gets 11" rims and 315's all around... from what I hear it helps a lot with traction and handling.... so please FCA give me a wide body charger already...and I appreciate everyone's opinion above, I am surprised to see anyone that loves the p zero's but it's fine, there is no need to fight about it

Post Thanks / Like
    also I have no facts to back up any of my opinions, except for actual mileage which was really my point as I'm tired of buying tires every 4 months LOL...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast