Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    To me traction is more about compound & tread design than width. But, the trade off is mileage versus traction.

Sent via Tapatalk
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    If you didn’t want to start any disputes, why start yet another tire thread. It’s like a CC, oil type , strut bar , octane, etc.... thread. Everyone weighs in with an opinion and bickers over their poor decision so they can feel better :(Point is , YOU KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!!!! :POPCORN:Ps . The ONLY tire for the rear of these cars is a drag radial. I have about 12k on this set and they still hook Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok fine, I'll take the blame LOL... was just trying to provide some possibly helpful info or opinions...
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Gee whiz.. I usually get blamed for stuff like this. lmao

It's all about choices.

Sent via Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    Every summer tire I’ve had so far has only lasted less than 14k or so... this includes 2 sets of Indy’s, 1 set of conti’s, 1 set of general gmax, and the pirellis that came off today.
    Besides the tire itself, gonna depend heavily on how you drive. I got nearly 24K out of a rear pair of BFG Sport Comp 2's. Yes, they were squirrelly for quite a while before I decided they were finished, but that's still more than I expected out of them. No rotation, lived on the back of the car from brand new to replacement. I do mash on the pedal from time to time but I don't do burnouts or track the car..

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8
    Likes hemi_57, Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,
    I have a question I see a lot of people aren’t a fan of Perilli’s tires.....and that fine I’m not judging but...why do I see Perilli on a lot of high end cars...I mean car that are $200,000+

Can they be that bad...????
    Likes KFLETCHPHOTOGRAPHY liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblnmn View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a question I see a lot of people aren’t a fan of Perilli’s tires.....and that fine I’m not judging but...why do I see Perilli on a lot of high end cars...I mean car that are $200,000+

Because these straight line drag racers don’t know anything about performance track tires New tires today and comparisonNew tires today and comparison

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KFLETCHPHOTOGRAPHY View Post
    Recognize the troll!!!! Lmao!
    Wait , I’m the troll??? I need to go smoke some more ..... can’t comprehend.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    16’ charger Scatpack
    Forged 392 based 426 stroker, Arrington phase four Apache heads, custom grind cam , ported and matched 6.1 manifold, long tube headers , solo performance cutback ,ati pulley and pinned crank , custom cai , Tba diff brace with 3.70’s out back and 30” et r’s
    Likes MissBeeHaving, Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you guys think of the Michelin PS4S....??

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t have a dog in this fight ....but Ronan: pass the sht please, you’re messing up the rotation, man!
    New tires today and comparisonNew tires today and comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

Because those tires are not even CLOSE to the same P Zeros that came on these cars.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Likes Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

Not all tires from the same manufacturer are made the same. For example OEM Goodyears usually do pretty good in wear, but the "replacement" ones do not. The idea being they make the tire better for use by the OEMs so that customers will buy them again. That comes from years of selling and servicing them for Sam's club.

Pirelli likely does something a bit different, make really cheap tires for OEMs to help cut cost. The Mustang guys have long complained about their OEM Pirelli's for the same reasons guys here complain. And Ford is absolutely after selling Mustangs as cheap as possible. Because the reality is most who buy Mustangs and Chargers will never drive them like many of us do on this forum. We are minority. Personally I have good experiences with non-OEM Pirellis. I'd imagine the tires they mount to supercars aren't cost savings oriented like ours.

Quote Originally Posted by KFLETCHPHOTOGRAPHY View Post
    Because these straight line drag racers don’t know anything about performance track tires New tires today and comparisonNew tires today and comparison
    And you have provided zero proof to counteract anyone's statements so far. Do you even know what they are complaining about in regards to OEM Pirellis?

Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    Because those tires are not even CLOSE to the same P Zeros that came on these cars.

Bingo
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like
    update... on my first day of real driving, these tires would have more traction if they were banana peels on an ice floor.... I'm not feeling good about my decision and I'm hoping that they just need to wear in a bit but so far they are worse than the OEM Goodyear RSA's that came on my first scat... man I think I messed up... they were spinning in spots that even my 2/32 pirelli's still had some bite on LOL...Meanwhile today I heard a commercial from Firestone that claimed satisfaction guaranteed for 90 days on all tire purchases no questions asked LOL... I'm sure that doesn't include us but I might have to go complain anyhow...and before you bite my head off, yes I understood these are A/S going in but I guess I under estimated the difference between these and the summers... now what ??

Post Thanks / Like
    My '16 5.7 R/T came with Firestones. The ones you picked up (A/S) are not really the performance oriented tire - the Firehawk GT is more "performance-oriented" but even those are almost useless with just a 5.7. The GT's barely lasted 20K miles on my car, and did not really hook well once they got to about 15K miles. I couldn't imagine an extra 100hp from the 392 - on those tires, it's probably funny and scary at the same time LOL. The Indy 500 tire is a summer only tire, might be better suited to your location and car. Hopefully they'll honor that 90-day guaranty if they don't start hooking up and you can switch them.
    '16 Charger R/T - GoMango with HyperBlack wheels - traded
    '18 Wrangler Sport - Mojito!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    update... on my first day of real driving, these tires would have more traction if they were banana peels on an ice floor.... I'm not feeling good about my decision and I'm hoping that they just need to wear in a bit but so far they are worse than the OEM Goodyear RSA's that came on my first scat... man I think I messed up... they were spinning in spots that even my 2/32 pirelli's still had some bite on LOL...Meanwhile today I heard a commercial from Firestone that claimed satisfaction guaranteed for 90 days on all tire purchases no questions asked LOL... I'm sure that doesn't include us but I might have to go complain anyhow...and before you bite my head off, yes I understood these are A/S going in but I guess I under estimated the difference between these and the summers... now what ??
    HOPEFULLY it's just the release compound hasn't burned off yet. They won't grip like the Contis, but should be decent.

My dad (even though he's old) still brags about his 300's get up and go...he's actually working on a deal for a '19 300 now...he's not fussed about sliding yet. (He hasn't ridden in my car yet either) lol

Post Thanks / Like

Huh...?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
    Not all tires from the same manufacturer are made the same. For example OEM Goodyears usually do pretty good in wear, but the "replacement" ones do not. The idea being they make the tire better for use by the OEMs so that customers will buy them again. That comes from years of selling and servicing them for Sam's club.

Pirelli likely does something a bit different, make really cheap tires for OEMs to help cut cost. The Mustang guys have long complained about their OEM Pirelli's for the same reasons guys here complain. And Ford is absolutely after selling Mustangs as cheap as possible. Because the reality is most who buy Mustangs and Chargers will never drive them like many of us do on this forum. We are minority. Personally I have good experiences with non-OEM Pirellis. I'd imagine the tires they mount to supercars aren't cost savings oriented like ours.

And you have provided zero proof to counteract anyone's statements so far. Do you even know what they are complaining about in regards to OEM Pirellis?

Bingo
    What is a non-OEM Pirellis.....Are you saying if I went to Tire Rack and ordered a Pirelli tire it would or not be a non-OEM or OEM tire?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast