Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

392 motor upgrades

What are people doing to their 392 motor to get more horsepower?
    Dislikes Jay Z disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Headers, no cats and tune

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Dozens of threads about modding a 392..

Thanks Jay Z thanked for this post
    Likes Jay Z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RARperformance View Post
    What are people doing to their 392 motor to get more horsepower?
    Engine and transmission tuning for these vehicles is where the money is at, we actually offer an upgrade package for E85 and flex fuel tuning as well for the 2015+ 392 engine! The exhaust system flows really well from the factory so there is not a huge amount to gain but there is still potential HP gains with that as well, shoot us a PM if you have any questions we would be happy to help you out in making a decision for your vehicle!

Click here to check out Livernois Motorsports on YouTube

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Click here to take a virtual video tour of the shop

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TNCHARGER View Post
    Dozens of threads about modding a 392..
    What somebody did a year ago might be different today. Thanks for the positive contribution :-)

All motor, people seem to do intake, throttle body, headers, exhaust, and tuning.
    Then there's camming the car, and then there's supercharging it and forging the internals.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inssane View Post
    What somebody did a year ago might be different today. Thanks for the positive contribution :-)

All motor, people seem to do intake, throttle body, headers, exhaust, and tuning.
    Then there's camming the car, and then there's supercharging it and forging the internals.

He's right, there's dozens of RECENT threads about what is being done to these cars and what people were doing a year ago, they're still doing it the same today.

Thanks for YOUR positive contribution!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Likes Jay Z liked this post
    Dislikes TopJimmy disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    He's right, there's dozens of RECENT threads about what is being done to these cars and what people were doing a year ago, they're still doing it the same today.

Hey there’s my friendly guy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is the more threads posted about a particular subject the harder it is to research. Always been a problem here. I meant no criticism just an answer to the OP's question.

Post Thanks / Like

Your welcome!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inssane View Post
    Your welcome!!

It's "you're" ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Cam, long tube headers, tune

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2006 Dodge Charger Daytona TorRed #1354, SRT Heads/Intake - ARH Long Tubes - Spartan Plus Cam - Magnaflow - 3.91s - 411rwhp/410rwtq
    Acceleration video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLey...aubWU9N6ezVy7g

I detail cars in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area! 757-435-4027

Likes trippytro liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Goat View Post
    Cam, long tube headers, tuneSent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Alot of the problem with these cars is 1. the exhaust systems these vehicles are equipped with from the factory already flow extremely well so even doing headers there is not a massive gain tobe had. 2. The stock camshafts in these cars are already very impressive as well right out of the gate, there is however still room to improve on these though which we have our own custom line of camshafts that will still gain your 392 some extra power. The biggest difference in all honest is in the engine and trans tune they work wonders on these cars and really wake them up even just on 93 octane below i will be attaching a video of my own car which just so happened to be the first 2018 scat pack tuned out there as we used my car for all of the research and development to let us get out ahead of the competition for the new mopar vehicles!Livernois Motorsports First to offer Tunes the 2018 Dodge Challenger ScatPack! - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    It's "you're" ;-)

I want to edit it so badly, but I won't apologize for my voice typing :-) 392 motor upgrades

Likes Beach Goat, punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LivernoisMotorsports View Post
    Alot of the problem with these cars is 1. the exhaust systems these vehicles are equipped with from the factory already flow extremely well so even doing headers there is not a massive gain tobe had. 2. The stock camshafts in these cars are already very impressive as well right out of the gate, there is however still room to improve on these though which we have our own custom line of camshafts that will still gain your 392 some extra power. The biggest difference in all honest is in the engine and trans tune they work wonders on these cars and really wake them up even just on 93 octane below i will be attaching a video of my own car which just so happened to be the first 2018 scat pack tuned out there as we used my car for all of the research and development to let us get out ahead of the competition for the new mopar vehicles!Livernois Motorsports First to offer Tunes the 2018 Dodge Challenger ScatPack! - YouTube
    Can you see decent numbers from a 91 tune? We don't have any 93 gas around here. :(

Sent from my SM-G955U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2017 Pitch Black Charger Scat Pack 392
    20% tint, Billet Technologies Matte Black Catch Can, LED interior lighting, ZL1 Rock Guards, K&N drop in filter, MaxBeam Smoked LED side markers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LivernoisMotorsports View Post
    I agree the factory gave us some amazing parts already bolted onto these motors, but I would say the fact remains, holding the valves open further and longer, and achieving real exhaust scavenging will pick up power. Tuning is vital.

BTW I put one of your 416 LS3 stroker short blocks in my 2006 GTO years ago, and I loved it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast