Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertsDP View Post
    Hey Punisher69, if I’m understanding your argument correct, you are stating the lower trims won’t have access to some of the feature when connected to the Tazer.
    That is EXACTLY what I'm saying.

Someone just got their britches twisted up because the CEL comes on with their 5.7 and doesn't on the 6.4 and they don't understand that it's 2 completely different platforms.

"My 5.7 should be able to do anything his 6.4 can do!"

No, it doesn't work that way. Your M16 can't sling lead as far down the range as his .50 Cal. can. Just isn't going to happen, sorry.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    I've looked and didn't see it. I know my '13 R/T did, but I don't remember seeing it on this one....that's why I brought it up

Edit: Now that someone has me rethinking my posts. I went and checked. There is no option for screen off on my car unless I turn everything off.

Taker a look at your apps menu, that's where mine is unless there is some sort of change with the beta. Is the beta available for download/trial or is it an invite only sort of thing? I'd love to play with it! (Nevermind, just found the beta link on the ZAutomotive page)

Last edited by PaulMc; 03-14-2019 at 07:40 AM.
    Paul
    16 Charger Scat Pack
    HC airbox/tube, 19 grille, Vertini RF 1.3 20x10/20x11, Tazer

Post Thanks / Like
    That is EXACTLY what I'm saying.

Someone just got their britches twisted up because the CEL comes on with their 5.7 and doesn't on the 6.4 and they don't understand that it's 2 completely different platforms.

"My 5.7 should be able to do anything his 6.4 can do!"

No, it doesn't work that way. Your M16 can't sling lead as far down the range as his .50 Cal. can. Just isn't going to happen, sorry.

Wow, couldn't be further from the truth.... no one ever said a CEL....its the airbag light, much moreimportant, especially since ZAuto can't even confirm if it messes up the airbags or not.
    Also, your quotes are way off. The 5.7 actually has the ability to run the majority of things the Tazer can enable, the only one I know it cannot is the adjustable suspension....SRT pages still works, as does Track mode, but it turns on your airbag light.
    I fully understand that 5.7 and 6.4 are different engines, but they are also the same platform. The same reason the 6.4 header gaskets work on the 5.7....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    19 5.7 guys will still need tazer for linelock

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMc View Post
    Taker a look at your apps menu, that's where mine is unless there is some sort of change with the beta. Is the beta available for download/trial or is it an invite only sort of thing? I'd love to play with it! (Nevermind, just found the beta link on the ZAutomotive page)

Yep, I've checked and double checked. This one doesn't have the option. The unit is about to get swapped out under warranty, maybe the new one will have it

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t have time to read the 50 posts before this, but to clarify a few things:

We specifically state on the website, in the vehicle genius (which you enter your car and it tells you what features you’ll get) and the install manual, that if you have a 15+ Charger 3.6 or 5.7 that you can’t enable SRT. You’ll get an airbag warning. And most of the SRT functions won’t work anyway.

As for the error, it’s due to a configuration mismatch as the airbag controller is being told it’s a model that it doesn’t support. In theory you can swap out the controller for one meant for an SRT. There is no data anywhere to say whether the mismatch compromises its ability to fire the airbags - that’s a big unknown and I don’t want anyone to find out the hard way. So don’t do it.

I know it sounds trivial - change some settings and it’ll all work. Trust me, 12 years at this and it’s not what you’d expect. Almost every setting has a side effect. It all depends on so many factors between module programming, part numbers, and they all change each model year.
    TorRed Charger Daytona #1754
    Fully loaded
    NoESP, Coolit, tranZformer
    www.zautotech.com
    Thanks Dagon, SuperSound thanked for this post
    Likes ronan978, Knight6.4, Dagon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Dagon...just drop it. Yeah 5.7's get squat I'm a bit pissed at that too. I sold mine. So go spend your money on something that actually does something.
    You can get the burnbox unit too. That gives you the line lock & light show for cheaper then the regular unit.

Now the new update I would be interested in for windows down/up as well as the ability to always start the car with the screen off. I hate that screen as it's distracting & shut it off everytime I drive unless I need nav.
    Last edited by JTSRT8; 03-14-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I've checked and double checked. This one doesn't have the option...
    That's strange. I just downloaded and installed the beta and the ability to toggle the screen on /off is still there on the 2nd page of the Apps page.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JTSRT8 View Post
    Dagon...just drop it. Yeah 5.7's get squat I'm a bit pissed at that too. I sold mine. So go spend your money on something that actually does something.
    You can get the burnbox unit too. That gives you the line lock & light show for cheaper then the regular unit.

Now the new update I would be interested in for windows down/up as well as the ability to always start the car with the screen off. I hate that screen as it's distracting & shut it off everytime I drive unless I need nav.
    Lol I just installed some long tubes, does that count?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMc View Post
    That's strange. I just downloaded and installed the beta and the ability to toggle the screen on /off is still there on the 2nd page of the Apps page.
    I double checked mine, and it's not anywhere on it lol. Hopefully the warranty replacement will have it. I like the drive-ins :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    That's not likely as the 5.7's don't have the same features as the 6.4 to start with. As in, the SRT pages and functions didn't come on ANY 5.7
    Super Track Pack optioned cars have it, like mine
    2018 Charger R/T
    Thanks Dagon thanked for this post
    Likes Dagon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
    Super Track Pack optioned cars have it, like mine
    Like mine too

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234