Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by noesp View Post
    The beta is cool, adds windows up and down from keyfob and some other stuff...
    Hearing about the window up/down feature alone is totally cool. I don't know if you have it in the works, but I would love to have the bee splash back on startup. I'm not too crazy about the Charger splash so I've been using the Hellcat one.

What's funny is that my 1998 Lexus LS400 has window up/down from the FOB, so it still surprises me that this isn't a standard feature on most modern cars.

Either way, LOVE my Tazer and can't wait to see the new update!
    Paul
    16 Charger Scat Pack
    HC airbox/tube, 19 grille, Vertini RF 1.3 20x10/20x11, Tazer
    Likes ODB liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by noesp View Post
    The beta is cool, adds windows up and down from keyfob and some other stuff, but on some cars was keeping the dash awake so I’m trying to resolve that and then it’s a go.

You can imagine with all the variants of these cars out there it’s a handful to make them all happy with the same software, but that’s part of the job.

So keep an eye on my website, I’ll have an official 2.4.5 out soon.
    Loving the Beta!! No issues with it so far.

I know you have folks blowing you up over the Bee, but if that stops anyone from buying it, well...that's on them.

Several of us have been talking and would love to have a "Screen Off" feature, where the Uconnect/main radio screen could be off, but the radio and climate controls still work.

My wife and I go to the drive-in a lot and when the screen is on and the car is not, I have to put a microfiber towel or something over the screen so we can hear the movie and still be able to see it. (Mine is a '17)

I know the 19's have a button to turn it off, but as far as I know, I can't.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    Loving the Beta!! No issues with it so far.

I know you have folks blowing you up over the Bee, but if that stops anyone from buying it, well...that's on them.

Several of us have been talking and would love to have a "Screen Off" feature, where the Uconnect/main radio screen could be off, but the radio and climate controls still work.

My wife and I go to the drive-in a lot and when the screen is on and the car is not, I have to put a microfiber towel or something over the screen so we can hear the movie and still be able to see it. (Mine is a '17)

I know the 19's have a button to turn it off, but as far as I know, I can't.

You don't have an option to turn yours off? My '18 has it in the Controls menu.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
    You don't have an option to turn yours off? My '18 has it in the Controls menu.

I've looked and didn't see it. I know my '13 R/T did, but I don't remember seeing it on this one....that's why I brought it up

Edit: Now that someone has me rethinking my posts. I went and checked. There is no option for screen off on my car unless I turn everything off.

Last edited by punisher69; 03-13-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully ZAutomotive can get the Tazer to work in the 5.7's and not turn on the airbag light soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon View Post
    Hopefully ZAutomotive can get the Tazer to work in the 5.7's and not turn on the airbag light soon!

That's not likely as the 5.7's don't have the same features as the 6.4 to start with. As in, the SRT pages and functions didn't come on ANY 5.7

Post Thanks / Like
    That's not likely as the 5.7's don't have the same features as the 6.4 to start with. As in, the SRT pages and functions didn't come on ANY 5.7

And? A lot of the features it "unlocks" don't come standard on 6.4's either....It's all in the programming.

Post Thanks / Like
    And? A lot of the features it "unlocks" don't come standard on 6.4's either....It's all in the programming.

Exactly, it's in the 6.4 programming to start with but not the 5.7's.

You can't unlock what isn't or never was there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly, it's in the 6.4 programming to start with but not the 5.7's.

You can't unlock what isn't or never was there.

Wow you're dense. So you're saying strobe lights came as an option on the 6.4?

Post Thanks / Like

Was pretty sure the Road and Track ones had Dodge performance pages. But I know they weren't around for many years either. Wonder if the 5.7s with the SRT body parts do now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
    Was pretty sure the Road and Track ones had Dodge performance pages. But I know they weren't around for many years either. Wonder if the 5.7s with the SRT body parts do now.

My 17 Daytona 5.7 had the performance pages from the factory. Can still tweak modes, just not Track mode.

Thanks SuperSound thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow you're dense. So you're saying strobe lights came as an option on the 6.4?

You can't wrap your mind around different features being available on different engines, where one has features the other doesn't, and I'm the dense one?

Post Thanks / Like
    You can't wrap your mind around different features being available on different engines, where one has features the other doesn't, and I'm the dense one?

That is correct. You sure are.

Most of these "features" you speak of are just tweaks in the software for these cars. SRT pages, just a piece of software that enables tuning of hardware. The only piece of hardware that is not available on any other model is the SRT suspension on the actual SRT's, not all 6.4's. Thanks for your lack of a complete thought or argument though.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is correct. You sure are.

Most of these "features" you speak of are just tweaks in the software for these cars. SRT pages, just a piece of software that enables tuning of hardware. The only piece of hardware that is not available on any other model is the SRT suspension on the actual SRT's, not all 6.4's. Thanks for your lack of a complete thought or argument though.

This post was meant to be about the Tazer, its functions and maybe possible future functions and it's way off track.

I'm done debating this with you.

Show me an SRT that came with a 5.7 and I'll concede your "argument". Until then, my statement stands that some trims have features other trims don't.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Punisher69, if I’m understanding your argument correct, you are stating the lower trims won’t have access to some of the feature when connected to the Tazer.
    If that is accurate you are correct, for example the steering feel setting... in my 392 I can adjust the feel of the steering wheel, but a lower configuration Charger not equipped with this feature they can’t..... BUT when the Tazer is connected, that setting will probably be available on the screen as an option... it just won’t do anything. (I actually think it does this with my 392, before the Tazer I has 2 settings, after I have 3 and the 3rd feels just like the 1st...lol)

I think that’s the point Dagon was getting at, the performance pages would show up on a 5.7 with the tazer and all the modes will be available to use. Track mode for instance... I don’t think will matter on the engine of the car, all it does from my understanding is hold the gears longer, keeps the valves open and has a quicker shift... all which would be available In a 5.7 and even the 3.6(except maybe the valves as I don’t even know if they have them)
    Even things like the traction is all software related, all the chargers have traction control so the trim wouldn’t limit the functions of an unlocked mode.

My previous car was a 2014 300S 3.6l it did not have the performance pages, but with the Tazer it unlocked in my Uconnect . Everything worked. The only limitation was when the software didn’t recognize hardware on my car. The only thing I found for this car was in the HP gauge. On my 300 I had the 8 speed and the software was only programmed for the 5 speed SRTs, so 5th and beyond would always show 5th gear.

From my understanding, All the challengers/chargers/300’s with the 8.4 screen have all the same programming (except the nav vs. non-nav)
    Only dodge restricted access from certain trims from accessing them. The tazer just unlocks that access... will everything work? probably not everything.... but it should be there.

Now keep in mind 99% of my experience comes from my 2014 300, I know the Uconnect systems changed in 2015...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Dagon liked this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast