Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

JB's 16 Charger SP Build

I got onto forums 15 years ago and every car I have ever had I have built, and kept a build log for. I started with a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and competed in car audio SPL. Then my uncle passed away and his 1990 Chevy K1500 Sport, that was his baby, was left to rot. I bought it at 17 and I tore it apart and completely restored it (still building a 2wd chassis for it).

I then bought a 2005 Legacy GT, 5 spd manual and built it into a 450 whp monster. Huge turbo, forged everything, etc etc. After that I decided I wanted a break and work and buying a house got in the way so I bought a 2007 Toyota Avalon and left it COMPLETELY stock. Well after 3 years I decided to go ahead and get back to what I loved.

I started test driving Charger R/T because I have a 2018 Dodge Ram 1500 for my work truck and I was really happy with it. I found a steal on a 16 Scat Pack that was only a few thousand more than the R/T's that had the options I wanted. After a bit of back and forth I got it for a steal compared to all of the other options within 500 miles of me. I really love the car, but I already know I want more from it. My plans are not crazy compared to some, but it will be done right, and it will be done by me. Enough about me heres my plans and what I am starting with.

I am based in Indianapolis and I am currently looking for a local shop with a dyno so I can get some baseline numbers and hope to update in the spring to see what, if any, gains I get from the tune and intake

Short Term Plans:
    The car is put away for the winter but the following is basically what I have on the schedule to be done by the end of March.
    Tazer
    UPR Catch Can
    ZL1 Polished, Stealth Wicker Bill
    Luxe Auto Concepts Dark Smoke Tail Light Tint
    SRT Paddle Upgrade
    Flat Black 3M Hood Wrap (might not last long)
    Demon or Similar Wheels to be able to put power to the ground
    E85/Flex Fuel Tune
    Hellcat air intake mod with 19 grille

Heres some pictures from the listing when I bought it and I will update as I go. The build starts tonite!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice ride man !! Looks like you have a decent grip on what you want to do , definitely heading the right direction. Good luck on the journey!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my Tazer married and set up. Did not drive it a ton in Track Mode but did notice a sloppy 2-3 shift that a lot of people have mentioned. My main reason for doing the Tazer was to have ECO mode, which for city driving is absolutely lovely, and for the valet option. I haven't messed with Valet yet but its all on there and I will probably play with it more this week. I also got my UPR Catch Can installed, very easy and straight forward. The hoses are good quality the end covers leave a bit to be desired but all in all works just fine for what it is.

I also reached out to the guy that tuned my Subaru to see if he has any experience with the 392 to do an E85/Flex Fuel tune and hope to hear back today.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it were me , I’d reach out to a reputable HEMI tuner.

Thanks punisher69 thanked for this post
    Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post

I second that. Not to take away from your Subie tuner, these beasts are finicky.

You need to find someone who has tuned a LOT of them **successfully** and has a good reputation for doing so.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

JB's 16 Charger SP Build

Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post

He works at a race shop now and I saw quite a few charger and challengers on their past vehicle list but I agree. Will definitely need to see how many he has done and if he seems confident.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    If not check out Greene Racing they have some good tunes for the hemis

Sent from my SM-G950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful car.. looks like a lot of fun to me!
    20% window tint Custom Wrap Corsa Extreme Cat-Back exhaust Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 275/40r20
    Thanks blackscatpack16 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txhotrod View Post
    If not check out Greene Racing they have some good tunes for the hemis

Sent from my SM-G950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Would really love to find somewhere local so I can see numbers on a dyno.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    I second that. Not to take away from your Subie tuner, these beasts are finicky. You need to find someone who has tuned a LOT of them **successfully** and has a good reputation for doing so.Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    We do quite a bit of tuning on all the new style chryslers and also we were the first in the world to offer tuning for the 2018 scat pack and trackhawk! Check out this video below of my car on the dyno picking up some nice power on a 93 octane engine and trans tune! If you need any help or would like to have us tune the vehicle for you just shoot me a pm or give me a call 313-561-5500 ext 104 my name is cody and i would be glad to help turn that beast up!Livernois Motorsports First to offer Tunes the 2018 Dodge Challenger ScatPack! - YouTube

Click here to check out Livernois Motorsports on YouTube

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Click here to take a virtual video tour of the shop
    Thanks blackscatpack16 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LivernoisMotorsports View Post
    We do quite a bit of tuning on all the new style chryslers and also we were the first in the world to offer tuning for the 2018 scat pack and trackhawk! Check out this video below of my car on the dyno picking up some nice power on a 93 octane engine and trans tune! If you need any help or would like to have us tune the vehicle for you just shoot me a pm or give me a call 313-561-5500 ext 104 my name is cody and i would be glad to help turn that beast up!Livernois Motorsports First to offer Tunes the 2018 Dodge Challenger ScatPack! - YouTube
    How far are you from indianapolis?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from South Florida, great write up about your rides.

Thanks for sharing a few photos with us, we hope to see more soon.

Happy modding.

- Alexis
    Sales and Support | Speedlogix, Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscatpack16 View Post
    How far are you from indianapolis?
    About a 4 hour drive not that far at all! We were actually just out at PRI out there so we know the trip pretty well, if you didnt want to drive the car we do also offer a transport service as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately I got very sick on my two weeks off that I took over the holidays spent a couple days in the hospital and ruined my plans. I had a bunch of plans to work on the car and do some things to my truck as well but from Christmas day until about Wednesday of last week I wasn't able to do anything. But I was able to get a couple things done today. Small stuff, but things I have been wanting to get done for a few weeks. I got my SRT paddles swapped out and the Luxe Tail light kit on. I also started mock up for the Stealth, Polished ZL1 Addons Wickerbill. Hoping to finish that up this week. Once I get my hospital bills paid I am hoping to make it to Livernois for a tune.

Some pics from today:
    Little Comparison of the Scat Pack vs SRT Paddles. Slightly different finish and much larger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscatpack16 View Post
    Unfortunately I got very sick on my two weeks off that I took over the holidays spent a couple days in the hospital and ruined my plans. I had a bunch of plans to work on the car and do some things to my truck as well but from Christmas day until about Wednesday of last week I wasn't able to do anything. But I was able to get a couple things done today. Small stuff, but things I have been wanting to get done for a few weeks. I got my SRT paddles swapped out and the Luxe Tail light kit on. I also started mock up for the Stealth, Polished ZL1 Addons Wickerbill. Hoping to finish that up this week. Once I get my hospital bills paid I am hoping to make it to Livernois for a tune. Some pics from today: Little Comparison of the Scat Pack vs SRT Paddles. Slightly different finish and much larger.
    Sorry to hear that you fell ill thats never good! We will be here whenever you are ready no worries!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast