Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    clicking noise back.. unreal... now i think I can say it's not the cleaning of matting surfaces nor the lugs, nor the bolts on the rotor as I took care of all three lol....my only guess is something suspension related unless there is still issue with the rotors but I had the 6 piston on my daytona and never heard such a noise....
    '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 E90 M3; '07 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Turn the radio up and quit worrying about it. I’ve spent way to much money and time trying to find a sound only to never find it. I’ve just learned to accept that any vehicle these days is going to make some kind of sound. As long as it’s not a squeak. I hate squeaks.

2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    3.70 gears
    Borla Atak
    Active exhaust delete
    Hemifever Tuning
    2016 Charger Scat PackLMI Intake3.70 gearsLongtube headersBorla AtakActive exhaust deleteHemifever Tuning
    Likes 392WLCHR, punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by centexcharger View Post
    Turn the radio up and quit worrying about it. I’ve spent way to much money and time trying to find a sound only to never find it. I’ve just learned to accept that any vehicle these days is going to make some kind of sound. As long as it’s not a squeak. I hate squeaks.

2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    3.70 gears
    Borla Atak
    Active exhaust delete
    Hemifever Tuning
    This is not bad advice....

In the past I've called out the meek for complaining about brake squeal or Getrag clutch chatter while turning sharply. The noises are part of the experience (if you fail to understand this - you're not a performance guy). Those who drive supercars know these noises are part of the package / experience (and they pay a sh!tload more than we do for it).

On the other hand...this problem is interesting. Any theory put forth so far has been a bunch of kaka (when was the last time you saw that in print).

I'm really curious to find root cause.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 12-08-2018 at 04:48 AM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post

In the past I've called out the meek for complaining about brake squeal or Getrag clutch chatter while turning sharply. The noises are part of the experience (if you fail to understand this - you're not a performance guy). Those who drive supercars know these noises are part of the package / experience (and they pay a sh!tload more than we do for it).

On the other hand...this problem is interesting. Any theory put forth so far has been a bunch of kaka (when was the last time you saw that in print).

Truth!

Ever heard the Ducati dry clutch? Loud as hell, but works flawlessly...

On the other hand, I'm still puzzled by this. I've heard it on both cars with mileage and cars with dealer plates.

Purely conjecture, but maybe it is the two piece rotor. Brembo developed what is now referred to as The McLaren Clip to reduce, or eliminate this exact issue. That's what those spring clips are, on our rotors.

Mine doesn't make any noise. Now, I'm curious to see what happens when I install my new Centric rotors...

Interesting thread and input, guys.

Bob

Lux Technologies - LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by centexcharger View Post

2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    3.70 gears
    Borla Atak
    Active exhaust delete
    Hemifever Tuning
    Good point

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post

Agreed. Very strange and more than worry about noise I want to be sure it’s not causing any damage.
    It is only turning to the right and only the front left wheel. It goes away when I remove the wheel and then comes back. It also started around 4K and why no noise before then? It was about the time I installed the powerstop pads... could there be a relation there somehow?
    Lastly, I had the same brake setup on my 18 Daytona also 2 piece 6 piston rotor with no such noise. I thought they were the same however the 19 ones are not exactly the same as the rotors have less slots... otherwise they seem to be the same and the powerstop pads seemed to fit perfectly even though they couldn’t confirm they would work on the 19 lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by diboblo View Post
    Truth!

Ever heard the Ducati dry clutch? Loud as hell, but works flawlessly...

On the other hand, I'm still puzzled by this. I've heard it on both cars with mileage and cars with dealer plates.

Purely conjecture, but maybe it is the two piece rotor. Brembo developed what is now referred to as The McLaren Clip to reduce, or eliminate this exact issue. That's what those spring clips are, on our rotors.

Mine doesn't make any noise. Now, I'm curious to see what happens when I install my new Centric rotors...

Interesting thread and input, guys.

Bob

Lux Technologies - LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    Understood and agreed... it goes away with windows up, radio on, or track mode lol so I can live with it but it’s more curiousity and can I resolve it as it might be something easy.. also to be sure it’s not causing damage as it is loud... I understand a squeal from brake pad is ok on performance car but this is a little scarier sounding

Post Thanks / Like
    Only scary rhin that runs through my mind, up front, is hub bearings.

Eeeek.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    just dont have time to go leave car at dealer for a day but I might bite the bullet next oil change and just bring it there...let them tell me it's "normal" like some of you say however I have a hard time believing this is a normal sound for a performance car, or any car...

Post Thanks / Like
    car at dealer now, SA says I'm not the only one with this noise and he says a lot of scats have them because of the 2 piece rotor set up... Even though it's probably true, I told him my daytona 2018 had same rotors and never had such noise lol... I have a feeling they aren't fixing it. told there there are TSB's that address it anyways .... it really is true, my last charger had the same 6 pots up front and never made any sounds remotely close to this.... kind of sucks if I have to live with it but it is what it is I guess...

Post Thanks / Like
    *update... just spoke to my SA and to one of the techs, who has an Indigo scat and his does the same thing... the only TSB that FCA says is to tighten the rotor hat bolts to help... he said he did that and the clicking is still there. when I told him my daytona didn't have this problem with same rotors, they answered with even though they are the same design, a year later the part number could actually be different and some have this problem so don't. the tech said he himself can't fix the noise so it is what it is... I asked him to give me the specs again and I'll jack it up myself and re check or tighten them again myself LOL... maybe we had the wrong spec earlier in this thread? who knows... I guess as long as it's not dangerous or hurting anything, it's not the end of the world

Post Thanks / Like
    2018 here still clicking. I can ignore it but several friends have asked what the sound is.
    2018 Dodge Charger Daytona - Indigo Blue
    Instagram: @aviorHemi

Post Thanks / Like
    If the rain stops long enough, this weekend, I'll be doing pads & rotors, on my Cat. Curious to see if this manifests with the Centric rotors.

No noise with the OEM rotors in 52k miles.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by diboblo View Post
    If the rain stops long enough, this weekend, I'll be doing pads & rotors, on my Cat. Curious to see if this manifests with the Centric rotors.No noise with the OEM rotors in 52k miles. BobLux Technologies - LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    keep us posted.. curious.... dealer claims it's from this particular 2 piece rotor and the only fix they know of that could help is to tighten the rotor hat bolts, otherwise not to worry about it... I'm at peace with it lol.... 54k miles out of the OEM rotors sounds good.. is that with the stock brembo pads the whole time? Are the centric rotors less expensive than the OEM? also what pads do you use with them, semi metalic like the brembos or a carbon ceramic like the powerstops?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    keep us posted.. curious.... dealer claims it's from this particular 2 piece rotor and the only fix they know of that could help is to tighten the rotor hat bolts, otherwise not to worry about it... I'm at peace with it lol.... 54k miles out of the OEM rotors sounds good.. is that with the stock brembo pads the whole time? Are the centric rotors less expensive than the OEM? also what pads do you use with them, semi metalic like the brembos or a carbon ceramic like the powerstops?
    Doooood... Centric rotors are $235, each! I've seen OEM rotors as much as $1500 each.

Been running Brembo pads since new. I'm switching to Z26 pads, this time around. Overall, I'm skeptical about them, but we'll see. Ceramics have let me down, on my other SRT Charger, so...

Those rotor hat bolts are set to a very mild torque spec. DO NOT let them tighten them. They aren't meant to be gorilla tight.

I'll update this thread, with my results.

Bob

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast