Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Pads vibrating?

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting... yes those are what I have now. Do you have the clicking issue with them? My old ones were very quiet but the new ones at least for me, have the clicking issue

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 E90 M3; '07 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    Interesting... yes those are what I have now. Do you have the clicking issue with them? My old ones were very quiet but the new ones at least for me, have the clicking issue

No clicking issues as of yet. I will definitely keep an ear to the ground though. Pads vibrating? Pads vibrating?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm I've got the 6 piston Brembo's and Power Stop Z26 pads, not experiencing any issues. Don't have a ton of miles on them yet though.

What an odd design of those new OEM rotors with only 3 slots. Wonder why the design change?

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    Hmmmm I've got the 6 piston Brembo's and Power Stop Z26 pads, not experiencing any issues. Don't have a ton of miles on them yet though.

What an odd design of those new OEM rotors with only 3 slots. Wonder why the design change?

Richard
    Slots, holes, dimples - are essentially a loss of surface area and therefore braking force. On street machines that typically never(!) see anywhere near(!) ten / tenths continuous braking action like on a road course where out-gassing (pads are so hot they create a layer of gas between the pad / rotor interface that reduces braking force) "might" be an issue...slots holes and dimples are for looks only :^)

2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    keep us posted after a wet/rain event.. they are great pads 95% of the time, just those wet occasions that have me concerned....
    So far the brakes are starting to break in fully, however I still have the squealing issue. Wet/rain full braking no issues. I did do a 0mph to 100mph to 0mph test and l'm gonna say the out come was impressive. Scared the living **** out me. Think the car wasn't ready either. Probably gonna take the car to have them looked at again since I went full rotors, brakes, stainless steel braided lines.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2015 Dodge Charger Scat Pack - Jazz Blu
    2014 Dodge Charger R/T Max - Traded

Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrontoFaux View Post
    So far the brakes are starting to break in fully, however I still have the squealing issue. Wet/rain full braking no issues. I did do a 0mph to 100mph to 0mph test and l'm gonna say the out come was impressive. Scared the living **** out me. Think the car wasn't ready either. Probably gonna take the car to have them looked at again since I went full rotors, brakes, stainless steel braided lines. Sent from my SM-G960U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    so you went with the power stop pads AND their rotors?

Post Thanks / Like
    I pulled the trigger on the z23 set. I'm never going to track the car and I'd like silence with no vibration in the wet. Should be here on Saturday!
    2017 Pitch Black Charger Scat Pack 392
    20% tint, Billet Technologies Matte Black Catch Can, LED interior lighting, ZL1 Rock Guards, K&N drop in filter, MaxBeam Smoked LED side markers
    Likes Heat00, inssane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    well it's about to rain here over the next few days so at least I'll get to experiment some more LOL.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Any of you that swapped them, did you bleed the brakes? My pedal feels softer than I remember it (granted it's been a few months since I drove the car so hard to remember) but I didn't think I'd have to bleed the brakes since I didn't compress the pistons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    Any of you that swapped them, did you bleed the brakes? My pedal feels softer than I remember it (granted it's been a few months since I drove the car so hard to remember) but I didn't think I'd have to bleed the brakes since I didn't compress the pistons.
    If all you did was replace pads (even if you compressed the pistons) you don't need to bleed the brakes.

These guys having brake bleed woes are changing calipers and lines.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Only swapped pads. It rained yesterday and I had the issue but after a few hard stops it seemed to get better, which makes no sense but when happening the whole front end of the car was shaking

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456