Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pads vibrating?

HWDan is offline 2005 Magnum RT amd 2017 Charger SRT 392!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not that there is any relevance to this thread other than "rain" theme, but does everyone know that these cars (and for some time) have "Rain Brake Support"?

The ABS pump lightly pulses the brakes when the wipers are on (or the rain sensors detect rain which is part of rain sensing wipers anyway) in order to keep the rotors dry.
    Hot Wheel Dan

2005 Magnum RT and 2017 Charger SRT Maximum Steel!
    Thanks 16392Scat thanked for this post
    Likes 16392Scat, Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    when I bought my 19 scat, they had a 18 HC billet grey that was beautiful... when I inquired with my guy, he said they ain't going below $68k period. That was only a few weeks ago.Man... I want a cat bad!!! but I'm with you, the difference in price doesn't seem to justify the difference in performance (MY OPINION ONLY). yes I realize its faster but 40k vs 68k for same car but faster is just so tough... it was closer to 60k i'd do it but not at 68k remember it's plus tax plus plus plus so it'll be over 70k.... and that was an 18 from the cheapest dealer in sofla....
    If you live in Florida have you seen that guy quixilver on YouTube and IG. He works at a dealership in Florida. I know you just got you 19 scat. So probably a little too late. But he helps people all over the country with good deals and make sure the numbers that dealers are giving us are real. And if you live in Florida he can actually help you get into one. I want one really bad too. I've actually started looking at nice used ones trying to find a good deal. Knowing how mopar vehicle protection works. I wouldn't be scared about buying one and extending the warranty. As long as it's not beat to shi*. And I agree, especially on factory tires the performance bump doesn't quite justify an extra 20-30k. But with radials it's a new car. Plus the sound that comes from under that hood is enough to give me a huge smile every time I hear it. If it happens it does, if not now, it WILL happen before too long. I really wish they would show the Charger some love and start giving it the same treatment as the Challenger.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HWDan View Post
    Not that there is any relevance to this thread other than "rain" theme, but does everyone know that these cars (and for some time) have "Rain Brake Support"?

The ABS pump lightly pulses the brakes when the wipers are on (or the rain sensors detect rain which is part of rain sensing wipers anyway) in order to keep the rotors dry.
    I think you just solved the mystery. That’s very similar to what it felt like....

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 E90 M3; '07 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like

It’s very relevant... I just found this so it looks like your correct . I asked my cousin who has an srt and he told me just turn it off... duh I looked through every setting and couldn’t find it and then he told me just Turn off the rain sensing wipers which will also turn this off Pads vibrating?*Pads vibrating?.

HWDan, thank you very much!!!! Can’t believe it’s that simple lmao...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inssane View Post
    I've had power stop pads on for probably the last 3000 miles or so. No issues ever, great pads. I've been driving around in the rain tonight for a couple hours, no big deal, and all the sudden out of nowhere I went to apply the brake from about 40 and I felt a high-frequency vibration only through the pedal. I couldn't tell if you could hear from the outside of the car since it was raining, but it's definitely there. Shouldn't be the rotors, I have zero vibration through my steering wheel and this literally came out of nowhere. It's also intermittent cell for probably the last 10 miles of mixed driving it's been happening about 70% of the time speeds between 60 and 20. any words of advice? It's going to be a day or so until I can get to the pads to check them out, visually from the outside of the car looking with a flashlight from what I could see everything's in place at least no pins are loose or out.I've never experienced to sensation quite like this while breaking in any car, and of course since they're the breaks it makes me a tad nervous. But I lost no braking power at all. ThxNickSent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Nick, I hope you read the above 2 posts.. I think HWDan solved the problem and we weren't imagining it, and it has nothing to do with the powerstop pads, material, or z26 vs z23 which is great news!!!I'm so happy right now and can't wait for the next rain to hopefully not feel this sensation ever again!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron.moore39 View Post
    If you live in Florida have you seen that guy quixilver on YouTube and IG. He works at a dealership in Florida. I know you just got you 19 scat. So probably a little too late. But he helps people all over the country with good deals and make sure the numbers that dealers are giving us are real. And if you live in Florida he can actually help you get into one. I want one really bad too. I've actually started looking at nice used ones trying to find a good deal. Knowing how mopar vehicle protection works. I wouldn't be scared about buying one and extending the warranty. As long as it's not beat to shi*. And I agree, especially on factory tires the performance bump doesn't quite justify an extra 20-30k. But with radials it's a new car. Plus the sound that comes from under that hood is enough to give me a huge smile every time I hear it. If it happens it does, if not now, it WILL happen before too long. I really wish they would show the Charger some love and start giving it the same treatment as the Challenger.Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Aaron,I don't know him but you are I (and probably everyone here LOL) are cut from the same cloth. I was thinking exactly what you stated..... I actually found a 17 with 10k miles here a few months ago for 55k I think, but when I went to see it I could tell it was beat down to death already and there was no way I was going to buy it, with or without warranty LOLthat's what worries me is how it was treated... can you get warranty extended if you buy a used cat while still under factory warranty? If so, that's a great option if it's priced reasonably....and the sound from the blower... I hear you.... one of my partners has a 2018 cat and sometimes I get to drive it... that's the problem...also at my warehouse the neighbor has a red DEMON that he drives about every other day.... I'm going to go and ask him for a ride lol..... today I saw him coming down the street and he got on it... it was soooooo loud, it did not sound like my 392 or the cat, I just heard a VERY loud whine.... and I almost spit up my soda LOLthis is the problem... I see and hear all this and it makes me want a cat!!!used ones are kind of hard to find too from what I can tell, at least locally

Post Thanks / Like
    Aaron,I don't know him but you are I (and probably everyone here LOL) are cut from the same cloth. I was thinking exactly what you stated..... I actually found a 17 with 10k miles here a few months ago for 55k I think, but when I went to see it I could tell it was beat down to death already and there was no way I was going to buy it, with or without warranty LOLthat's what worries me is how it was treated... can you get warranty extended if you buy a used cat while still under factory warranty? If so, that's a great option if it's priced reasonably....and the sound from the blower... I hear you.... one of my partners has a 2018 cat and sometimes I get to drive it... that's the problem...also at my warehouse the neighbor has a red DEMON that he drives about every other day.... I'm going to go and ask him for a ride lol..... today I saw him coming down the street and he got on it... it was soooooo loud, it did not sound like my 392 or the cat, I just heard a VERY loud whine.... and I almost spit up my soda LOLthis is the problem... I see and hear all this and it makes me want a cat!!!used ones are kind of hard to find too from what I can tell, at least locally
    That's awesome that you found the solution (hopefully) to your issue. My buddy and his dad went in on a demon. Unfortunately just to flip it. Haha, they made 35k! But anyways, yes mopar vehicle protection/mopar direct will let you extend the warranty as long as it is under 3 yrs and 36,000 miles. They will give you the same options as if you bought it brand new. Only thing being that you cant get lifetime warranty on srt vehicles anymore (including scats). I believe they might be a little bit more expensive unless its within the 1st year/12,000 miles. I believe they will let you go up to 8 yr and 100k miles of full coverage. As far as the car itself goes, I'm willing to travel a ways to get the right one. I live in BFE Idaho. There is literally shi* for inventory around me. Closest place with a decent amount of options is Salt Lake City. And that's over 200 miles from me. I plan on finding the one that a really conservative old guy has/had. But to be honest, I wouldn't expect anyone to buy a cat and not get on it. Just as long as they took care of the car, I'm ok with that. I did find a challenger down in AZ. Really babied, only 9,800 miles plum crazy purple. If only it was a Charger! I'm willing to get a challenger. But I love the Charger so much more. Kinda funny when everyone tells me my car is so unpracticle. They really aren't! This car amazes me how livable it is. And then just a blast when you want it to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron.moore39 View Post
    That's awesome that you found the solution (hopefully) to your issue. My buddy and his dad went in on a demon. Unfortunately just to flip it. Haha, they made 35k! But anyways, yes mopar vehicle protection/mopar direct will let you extend the warranty as long as it is under 3 yrs and 36,000 miles. They will give you the same options as if you bought it brand new. Only thing being that you cant get lifetime warranty on srt vehicles anymore (including scats). I believe they might be a little bit more expensive unless its within the 1st year/12,000 miles. I believe they will let you go up to 8 yr and 100k miles of full coverage. As far as the car itself goes, I'm willing to travel a ways to get the right one. I live in BFE Idaho. There is literally shi* for inventory around me. Closest place with a decent amount of options is Salt Lake City. And that's over 200 miles from me. I plan on finding the one that a really conservative old guy has/had. But to be honest, I wouldn't expect anyone to buy a cat and not get on it. Just as long as they took care of the car, I'm ok with that. I did find a challenger down in AZ. Really babied, only 9,800 miles plum crazy purple. If only it was a Charger! I'm willing to get a challenger. But I love the Charger so much more. Kinda funny when everyone tells me my car is so unpracticle. They really aren't! This car amazes me how livable it is. And then just a blast when you want it to be.

Right on... couldn’t think of a better daily driver... Idaho wow... at least you should have some cool deserted roads to have fun on? I agree I have a son and still need 4 doors but even if I didn’t, I still like the charger better... even in my scat, and even in Miami, people stop me all the time and look and ask questions..
    We are fortunate that dodge or now fca, is still marking these for us... I prey that it lasts !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Right on... couldn’t think of a better daily driver... Idaho wow... at least you should have some cool deserted roads to have fun on? I agree I have a son and still need 4 doors but even if I didn’t, I still like the charger better... even in my scat, and even in Miami, people stop me all the time and look and ask questions..
    We are fortunate that dodge or now fca, is still marking these for us... I prey that it lasts !!!

Me too. I've had at least 15 ppl think that a drive a hellcat. I correct them, but they still love. There's just something about the way the chargers look. I like the Challengers alot. But I love the Chargers! The interior on the Challengers just doesn't work as well for ke either. But I did forget to mention that that plum crazy Challenger is only 48k! Which just might sway me. I've found some chargers in that price range too. But they have far more miles and just dont seem to be as well taken care of. For some reason the Challengers depreciate far faster.

Post Thanks / Like
    So based on that description this function is automatically engaged when the wipers are on so therefore even if you turn off the rain sensing wipers when you turn them on manually this function will still occur correct? Pretty cool feature to stop this heavy beast in the rain.
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Big problem I can’t figure out nor do I see a setting to turn this off lol... maybe false alarm? I looked through all settings and don’t see anything of the sort. Maybe it can’t be shut off? What am I missing here

HWDan is offline 2005 Magnum RT amd 2017 Charger SRT 392!
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok further reading says rain brake support only works when the wipers are on high or low, not intermittent. If this vibration happens and it gets annoying, or to prove if this is the reason for the vibration, you could switch to intermittent wipers. I actually rarely use low or high myself. I always use or clean the windshield with water beading products (like containing Rain-x) so I prefer the having the water just bead off and keep the wipers intermittent (and this is also with my other older cars that don't have this feature)

However, this is a good technology to have, so like ABS I doubt it can or should be fully disabled.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 16392Scat View Post
    So based on that description this function is automatically engaged when the wipers are on so therefore even if you turn off the rain sensing wipers when you turn them on manually this function will still occur correct? Pretty cool feature to stop this heavy beast in the rain.
    While I agree that I like the intent, if you've had this happen while driving you would not like it LOL.... It feels very uneasy and scary

Post Thanks / Like
    ok further reading says rain brake support only works when the wipers are on high or low, not intermittent. If this vibration happens and it gets annoying, or to prove if this is the reason for the vibration, you could switch to intermittent wipers. I actually rarely use low or high myself. I always use or clean the windshield with water beading products (like containing Rain-x) so I prefer the having the water just bead off and keep the wipers intermittent (and this is also with my other older cars that don't have this feature)However, this is a good technology to have, so like ABS I doubt it can or should be fully disabled.
    you beat me to it, and yes it seems on high or low so this could be a work around... I will try it next time it rains. I too use rain-x all the time so wipers aren't needed on low or high.I really hope this is the issue/cause of what we felt. the description sounds spot on.funny though, my cousin's 17 SRT has a setting for rain sensing wipers that my scat doesn't.. I'll post the screen shot and I think by turning that off it might disable it as well? not sure just a thought but hopefully the intermittent setting disables it and then we're good.I'm most happy that it's not the powerstop pads LOL... now they become a no brainer as that's the only issue i've had with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast