Post Thanks / Like

Taking scat to the NJ Motorsports park

IMG_0289.JPGIMG_0289.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    2015 GC SRT redline/red vapor
    2003 SVT Cobra w/ Kenne Bell
    Likes Hamsquatch, Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How do u think the scat pack with handle?

Post Thanks / Like
    That is going to be a blast. Years ago a bunch of us went. I was pleasantly surprised how good the Magnum handled. Your Scat is going to do damned well there if the track conditions are favorable.
    15 Grand Cherokee SRT: Staying Stock!!!

05 Magnum RT:
    5.7 Personal Best: Heads, Cam and Spray - 11.46 w 1.59 60'

6.1 Personal Best: Forged, Novi 1500 and Spray - 10.405 1.566 60' @ 129.69
    7.4 Personal Best: Aluminum 449 - 10.736 ET , 1.589 60', 125.05 MPH NA
    7.0 Personal Best: Iron 426 - Whipple 2.9 - 10.5 @ 132 1.6x 60' . . just getting started
    Likes Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I will say be careful how you drive to/from the track. I got pulled over less than a mile from the track for no reason. LEO was coming in the opposite direction and popped a u turn to pull me over. Probably assumed I was going racing and my car was not street legal. Asked me if I was speeding, I truthfully said no....he found nothing and gave me a ticket for my air freshener hanging from my rear view mirror as an obstruction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynmag View Post
    I will say be careful how you drive to/from the track. I got pulled over less than a mile from the track for no reason. LEO was coming in the opposite direction, saw my NY plates and popped a u turn to pull me over. Probably assumed I was going racing and my car was not street legal. Asked me if I was speeding, I truthfully said no....he found nothing and gave me a ticket for my air freshener hanging from my rear view mirror as an obstruction.
    Also use cruise control on the way home, after a full day of racing freeway speeds feel like a crawl and you'll catch yourself speeding without even realizing what your right foot is up to. Oddly that being said I got my ticket on my way to the track, a bunch of us went to WSIR years ago and of course you get a dozen Hemis on an empty desert highway at 5am and shenanigans are bound to happen...turned out I was the only one out there without a detector.

Galactus hungers...
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/35/20 Continental ExtremeContact DW (square), otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360

Post Thanks / Like
    funny stuff on the ticket for air freshener... that's actually ridiculous...last time I was able to go to a track (when they had one here) was back in 1989-1990 at Moroso out west.. now that's all homes and shopping centers lol.. but back then.... it was just a drag 1/4 strip but we had a blast.... and yes, on the way to and from was like the wild west.. sure it was different back then, and it was in the middle of no where, but it got crazy on the way there and home... good ole days lol......there were only really 3 cars there every night:Mustangs, Vettes, and then Grand Nationals... that was really it....my best time ever stock with my 89 5.0 hatch was 13.99 LOL... which was fast for the times and only 225 HP LOL......would love to have the Scat out on a road coarse like that... they are not terrible handling cars, even with their weight problems...
    '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 E90 M3; '07 335I Active Autowerks ...
    Likes bklynmag liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Bin wanting to take my 03 cobra but bin waiting for my front strut for 1 year one backorder ( bilstien)

Post Thanks / Like
    They just came in Friday Taking scat to the NJ Motorsports park

Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes...I live in NJ...didn't know of this track day....Where and when Please ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OlGeezer2018 View Post
    Yikes...I live in NJ...didn't know of this track day....Where and when Please ?
    Near Millville. South jersey

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBL.DWN View Post
    Near Millville. South jersey

Me too IMG_0290.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynmag View Post
    I will say be careful how you drive to/from the track. I got pulled over less than a mile from the track for no reason. LEO was coming in the opposite direction and popped a u turn to pull me over. Probably assumed I was going racing and my car was not street legal. Asked me if I was speeding, I truthfully said no....he found nothing and gave me a ticket for my air freshener hanging from my rear view mirror as an obstruction.
    And Cops wonder why they get a bad rap, Canadian cops are getting pretty bad up here now, half of them just arrogent a**holes with childhood emotional mental baggage

Sent from my SM-G950W using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I went Sunday and it was a blast! I handle well for a heavy ass car. I was surprised. The brake were great !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Which of the two courses?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thunderbolt