Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How far Down Can I get the Dealer to Go?

So Im thinking of trading in my 2016 R/T for a 2018 Scat Pack.

I plan on paying the difference in cash so I wont have to worry about loans and excessive haggling.
    Im seeing them on the dealer websites from $39K-$43K. I also know that if I go in with cash, I have more bargaining power.
    I know they will work to make as much as they can off my trade, but Im not trying to go through the trouble of selling it privately.
    I think I can rip the dealer better with cash. Ill plop a cashiers check on the table and say "There my car, heres my money, I want THAT Scat pack over there".
    If they dont like it, I can just leave and go elsewhere, which I know they dont want.

So For example
    If my car is worth $18
    The Scat pack is $45 new, at the dealer I saw.

How far down will they generally go including tax?
    A Check for $23? $20?

What will make it easy to get the car and minimize their profit?
    Last edited by Harry Hemi; 10-07-2018 at 07:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tell them you’ll go 24 and want to finance it for 84 months and you want a extended warranty that you’ll pay for.
    When the first payment comes in pay it off then cancel the warranty and get your money back

They’ll think there making a killing on you in finance charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes ENUF PWR liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, cash doesn't have the power it used to. Especially for an in demand car. If they think they can't work you they will let you walk, because there will be 10 others that might buy that car in a few weeks time.
    Dealers get their $ from financing, trades & up selling the garbage.
    Thanks Harry Hemi thanked for this post
    Likes wrath-rt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well then that brings it back to what Renfrick was saying. Damn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JTSRT8 View Post
    Unfortunately, cash doesn't have the power it used to. Especially for an in demand car. If they think they can't work you they will let you walk, because there will be 10 others that might buy that car in a few weeks time.
    Dealers get their $ from financing, trades & up selling the garbage.
    Ok then if I do finance (with the intention of paying it off at the first payment) how low can I get them?

Post Thanks / Like
    You're going to get far more money selling your Charger yourself than trading it. That being said, IMO you should spend the extra and get a 2019. You get all the srt features without a tazer, and you could customize it the way you want.

Im happy with my SP but I wish I had custom ordered it or waited for the 19 model. Annoyed the sp gets all the srt stuff like eco and valet and has the option for adjustable suspension.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2017 Pitch Black Charger Scat Pack 392
    20% tint, Billet Technologies Matte Black Catch Can, LED interior lighting, ZL1 Rock Guards, K&N drop in filter, MaxBeam Smoked LED side markers

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep the 2 deals separate
    First negotiating the sale of the car is key. Don’t even tell them you have a trade. After your happy with the price ( financed to the hilt). Then say you have a trade and negotiate that

Post Thanks / Like
    Or just call lee brown and be done. He’s straight up and will give you an awesome deal

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you don’t have early loan termination fees if you pay it off at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Likes agoristmike liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How far down below MSRP can I generally get them to go? I want to know what my limit is.

Post Thanks / Like
    It amazes me people think like this. The lack of understanding at how car sales works is astounding.
    Using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I paid $37k for my 2016 Scat pack Challenger last month. There were 4 for sale at 4 different dealers in the area, all with same options, all under 10k miles, only differences being M6 vs A8 and color. Prices were $37500-$40000. I was able to get my dealer to knock off $500 on my 3rd visit....after 2 test drives and walking out after both.....walking out TWICE....nobody else would negotiate at ALL. Also just leased a Ford Explorer Sport. Ford now has pricing on their website. Quote from dealer was identical.....admittedly it's been a while since I've bought a car (like 15 years LOL) but it seems like the auto industry woke up and told the dealers to stop killing each other over price.
    Last edited by burbman; 10-08-2018 at 10:47 AM.
    Likes JR402 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    OP it's hard to give you an answer without knowing how desperate the dealer you are going to is. Everyone will always get a different deal depending on the current rebates and your own people/negotiation skills. If everyone knew that answer then car buying would be so easy.

I bought my SP brand new for $36k. I bought it when Dodge had a 20% MSRP deal. When i shop for my Nissan Murano i went to 5 dealerships before finding one that will negoiate to a reasonable price.

Everyone is saying to get a lower price you have to act like you're going to buy the warranties, door ding crap, wheel protection and all, which i agree to some point. Depends if the car sales team and the finance team share commissiom on the extra sales.

So again it all depends on you.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2017 Max Steel Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Too many scenarios in play that can get you to the price you want. One of the other big things is their inventory.

For example, if it’s a small dealer, and they have 2 scat packs, they won’t negotiate...however with a bigger dealer, with more inventory of scats, you can work them a little.

2016 Dodge Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I wil look for big dealerships. I got my R/T from a big dealership. If you guys walk out of dealerships multiple times then I can try the check route at least one of those times. Then I negotiate financing the rest of the times but I get why cash won’t necessarily work. It won’t be as easy as I hoped but it’s a scat pack so it will be worth it.The real issue is whether the one I really want is at a big or small dealership. I don’t want to wait for them to trade one if I don’t have to.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast