Post Thanks / Like

Dumb burnout question

Track mode, foot on the brake, first gear, and gas. I should be able to do a burnout no problem. When I try to do so in that fashion, seems like it starts cutting out around 4000 RPMs or so, and my burn out slowly begins to fail. Is there a traction completely off, not track mode traction? is there something else I'm completely missing here? I'm not sure what else would be holding me back. But I definitely can't go to the track and fail on a burn out :-)
    I never had problems doing burnouts in the Camaro when I had it LOL. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Likes LouisAstuto liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Push and hold the traction control button for about 10 seconds, you should hear a ding, you traction control will be completely off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks inssane thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What lights display on dash when it's all off? In "track mode traction" it shows the yellow traction off light on the dash.
    I'll try this when I leave later, thx. Not sure why the car needs three levels of traction modes and then off lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisAstuto View Post
    Push and hold the traction control button for about 10 seconds, you should hear a ding, you traction control will be completely off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inssane View Post
    What lights display on dash when it's all off? In "track mode traction" it shows the yellow traction off light on the dash.
    I'll try this when I leave later, thx. Not sure why the car needs three levels of traction modes and then off lol.

Yea, MOPAR is weird, lol. But once you do the above, you will still get the traction control is off light, but you will also see a message that it was completely disabled.

Post Thanks / Like
    My car rips them all day long in track mode ..... Dumb burnout question

Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Track Mode actually has some TC and SC active. In Sport Mode TC is off and SC is on, but reduced. Track Mode is meant to help you not spin/crash on a road course. Traction fully off is the way to go for burnouts, or if you have a Tazer, use the Line Lock function.
    Last edited by piening2150; 09-15-2018 at 10:12 PM.
    '17 Destroyer Gray Charger Daytona 392