Thread: Little mod

Post Thanks / Like

Little mod

So I went ahead and painted the rear vents on my car to match the front. I think it looks good. Not to flashy but just enough to make it look different. I'm thinking about doing the lights in them but still on the fence. Someone on on the site is selling a light kit that they made. I like it but don't like how the light reflects onto the ground in the rear bumper area.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Thanks ReaperScat thanked for this post
    Likes cowboysfan72, iphonemari liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you post up how you did it? Are those grates removable?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like how you did the hood insert! I ended up doing the front fog bezels, the hood insert and rear grills too. I'm thinking of ordering spares, just to switch it up once in a while.

Those rear grills pop out semi-easy to the inside of the bumper. If you reach in and push the tabs, they come out a LOT easier.

Leo, what paint did you use? And did you clear them too?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Thanks ReaperScat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah like punisher said there super easy to pop out from under the rear of the car. It's just a little tricky to get them in with the little clearance I had but it is straight forward. As for the paint I used a can of high temp from auto zone. I cant remember the name of hand. I didn't clear them I just cleaned the grates real good and then I used a red primer first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Punisher, I got the idea from your ride.thanks. as for the fog lights I swapped out the covers to the grated hellcst screens.

Post Thanks / Like
    As for the shipping covers I used the same paint. The first time I did those I used red plasti dip. Didn't show to good. And when I repainted them I I did see a little scratching. So I put some sides felt coating tape and put it on the splitters. Seems to help alot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leodogg24 View Post
    Punisher, I got the idea from your ride.thanks. as for the fog lights I swapped out the covers to the grated hellcst screens.

I thought about having a spare set of the Hellcat grills too lol. I like to change the looks, often. Wheels are next up. This will be set #3 in less than 2 years. They cost a little more than the plastics, so they don't get done quite as often.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Daytona is Destroyer grey and i have shipping covers too but my son likes yellow so i just worked them into my theme. I have yellow rhombus overlays on my rims and a yellow Barton shifter. I dont want to get crazy so having just the grates on the vents and scoop yellow might be a nice touch for mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes View Post
    My Daytona is Destroyer grey and i have shipping covers too but my son likes yellow so i just worked them into my theme. I have yellow rhombus overlays on my rims and a yellow Barton shifter. I dont want to get crazy so having just the grates on the vents and scoop yellow might be a nice touch for mine.
    Yeah the suttle yellow would look good . Missbeehavins car is destroyer grey with the purple and she has it looking good. I had some purple themed things back on my silver 03 ram back them and it actually looked good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    I thought about having a spare set of the Hellcat grills too lol. I like to change the looks, often. Wheels are next up. This will be set #3 in less than 2 years. They cost a little more than the plastics, so they don't get done quite as often.

Hey want to share some of that money you have spending on new wheels.lol. I'm going to upgrade on mine probably in the winter . Maybe when I get some extra money from uncle Sam. I had to use my money for vacation to Florida and then arizona to see both of my sons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leodogg24 View Post
    Hey want to share some of that money you have spending on new wheels.lol. I'm going to upgrade on mine probably in the winter . Maybe when I get some extra money from uncle Sam. I had to use my money for vacation to Florida and then arizona to see both of my sons.

Pfffffft. I buy a set, sell a set and hope I break even. The set on it now are up for grabs with tires, TPMS, lugs and spacers.

I price shop, so I have 2 rears coming next week, and as soon as the price on the front drop some I'll order them. Why the fronts are so much more than the wider rears, I have no idea.

Tires are never more than 1 day away for me, so I'll grab them when the wheel set is complete.