Post Thanks / Like

Music cuts out over Bluetooth (Andriod only)

I have been having this issue since I got my SP two moths ago and the dealer says there's nothing they can do. When I stream any music from my Android phone...(tried 3 different phones) after 5-6 songs it start to cut out and sounds terrible.I tried an iPhone and it worked like a champ with no issues. I have had many Mopars with UConnect and had no issues.Anyone else having this issue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well since you tested an iPhone with no issue, try another Android phone too. It sounds more than likely you have an issue with your phone. But doing that will tell you for sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I tried three android phones (S9+, LG G7, and Pixel XL)

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Bluetooth sucks for me as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by moparman89 View Post
    Yeah I tried three android phones (S9+, LG G7, and Pixel XL)
    Is it the same app or have you tried different ones?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been having this issue since I got my SP two moths ago and the dealer says there's nothing they can do. When I stream any music from my Android phone...(tried 3 different phones) after 5-6 songs it start to cut out and sounds terrible.I tried an iPhone and it worked like a champ with no issues. I have had many Mopars with UConnect and had no issues.Anyone else having this issue?
    I have this same issue as well moparman. I had a ram 1500 before my scat pack. And had the same issue with it as well. Seemed like 3-4 songs would go by. Then it got quieter or choppy with static or overall sounded like shi*. Also have an issue where if someone texts me when I'm listening to blue tooth, the music will get quiet to alert me I have a text. But then it won't go back up. Sometimes for days. Then eventually I will get a text from someone. And BAM! It's loud as hell because I have it turned way up because it was so quiet. Had this problem on both uconnects. The sound quality was just on the ram I have android as well.

Thanks moparman89 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    @SuperSound yeah I tried iHeart Radio, Amazon Music and Spotify

Post Thanks / Like
    Your's is an '18 right? So far I haven't had any issues with mine (have an S8) but I use Android Auto almost all the time. I'll have to test mine over BT and see if it does it to me. Definitely sounds like Uconnect is the issue. Question is why when BT audio protocols are the same for any device including iOS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah mine is an '18. Although the protocol is the same the implementation of it is different between Apple and Android. This is why a couple years ago, Beats headphones would control the volume, skip and other functions on Apple but not Android. And yes it works fine on AUX and Android Auto. This is how I have to listen but I hate cables.
    Likes aaron.moore39 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah mine is an '18. Although the protocol is the same the implementation of it is different between Apple and Android. This is why a couple years ago, Beats headphones would control the volume, skip and other functions on Apple but not Android. And yes it works fine on AUX and Android Auto. This is how I have to listen but I hate cables.
    Same here. I believe I had the "quiet audio issue" I talked about earlier over android auto, but for the most part it seems to work better than bt. I also hate using cables too. Also hate using android auto for some features instead of my phone, and don't like AA's interface all that well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 16 the problem I'm having is the apps don't download especially Pandora and none of my flash drives work. I've called Connect 10 times with 10 different answers. The last time I called they said The problem wasPandora and that the Connect system doesn't like Lexar flash drives. Going to the dealer for another story.
    Leon
    Beautiful downtown Grand Prairie, TX
    2016 B5 Scat Pack