Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueScat View Post
    i have the same issue in my 18 scat... What i noticed for android if you go into developer options on the phone and scroll down to networking. Once you are there, check off disable absolute volume, AVRCP version- AVRCP 1.6, Bluetooth codecs-allcodecs, Bluetooth audio sample rate-96.0kHz, bluetooth audio bits per sameple-32 bits/sample, bluetooth audio channel mode-stereo, bluetooth audio ldac codec-either balnced or optimized for connection quality....Give it a shot. helped with my issues alot since uconnect is useless for information and they dont understand their own equipment. I just want my damn ipod to be able to search on the uconnect...i still cannot get that to work to save my life.. $45000 car and the damn radio cant work right...Good job Dodge...smh.....if you do not know how to get into developer mode on the phone, go to about phone, software information and keep clicking buildnumber until it tells you developer options are unlocked...will be on the main settings screen on the bottom...
    We’re you able to have the settings you changed, remain changed? Every time I go back and check after changing them, they have reset to what they were originally. Hmmm

Sent from my iPad using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Gonna give this a try. Mine cuts out at higher volume via Bluetooth only.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately...the issue is when it connects via bluetooth each time..it will reset because some devices will not allow those parameters to hook up..ie head phones, speaker, uconnect...etc...so everytime it either connects again or another devices connects, it will default to accomodate any device instead of the one you are on if you catch my drift

Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueScat View Post
    Unfortunately...the issue is when it connects via bluetooth each time..it will reset because some devices will not allow those parameters to hook up..ie head phones, speaker, uconnect...etc...so everytime it either connects again or another devices connects, it will default to accomodate any device instead of the one you are on if you catch my drift

Ah thanks. Makes sense

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a galaxy s8 and for the last three months my audio is skippy after a few songs. I would have to switch to radio then switch back to bluetooth to have it normal again. If i plug it via usb cable, music is fine. I dont have a quiet issue though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2017 Max Steel Charger Scat Pack
    Thanks JWolk217 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Here’s a wrench thrown in your theory. I had a 2015 Charger SP with Alpine. Lease ended. I loved the car and the Alpine so much I decided to get a 2018 Charger SP with the same setup.

On my way home from the 2018 purchase, I noticed the audio quality was not as clear- almost as if it had too much gain. Now, my 2018 audio makes popping sounds intermittently. I’ve found a pattern though- it’s only when listing to higher quality audio. It will sometimes do it with pandora but most of the time with iHeart Radio where the audio quality is much better. Never with FM or SiriusXM where audio quality is far less superb.

Where’s the wrench? I’m an iPhone user. I actually have 2 iPhones and the noise is present when using either one, streaming via Bluetooth or FireWire .

I did find one song on a usb jump drive that it occurs every time and will at one point be sending the car in for service. I originally thought the bass setting was too high but when messing around with the settings it’s actually the mid-range that is causing it. When I lower the mid-range, the noise goes away.

I used this USB stick in my wife’s 17 Durango with Beats and it sounds fine. I also used it in my friends 2015 Challenger with Alpine and it sounds fine too.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Likes aaron.moore39 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    When using the connect feature I found that disabling WiFi stops the disruption of the audio playback. I'm not sure why, but now that I disable the WiFi, I can use Youtube to play my audio through the connect feature using iPlay perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatvet View Post
    When using the connect feature I found that disabling WiFi stops the disruption of the audio playback. I'm not sure why, but now that I disable the WiFi, I can use Youtube to play my audio through the connect feature using iPlay perfectly.
    I also, had good luck with that the first time, but the next time it came back. Also, changing the phones bluetooth settings has not worked for me- totally bummed. Hate to take it to the dealer.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I traded my SP in on a Alfa Quad this week. Same phone that would have issues works perfect on the Alfa. It’s definitely a newer UConnect issue IMO. Still breaks up in my 18 Ram......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leonm47 View Post
    I have a 16 the problem I'm having is the apps don't download especially Pandora and none of my flash drives work. I've called Connect 10 times with 10 different answers. The last time I called they said The problem wasPandora and that the Connect system doesn't like Lexar flash drives. Going to the dealer for another story.
    Went to the dealer they took down all my radio info, update info,ect. They were to get with Uconnect have a come to Jesus with them and rectify my problem and get back with me. That was two weeks ago. I'm gonna show up tomorrow and say,"Hey guys remember me?" I'd rather them tell me they don't know what the hell to do than play me like a banjo.
    Leon
    Beautiful downtown Grand Prairie, TX
    2016 B5 Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    17 SP here and I did not have this issue until i updated uconnect. Can not remember what version a had or which I upgraded to. Now I get the intermittent popping when steaming music via bluetooth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine cuts out when I am in an area with bad WiFi. I am using an Galaxy S9.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I upgraded to the Samsung Note 9 and it seems like the issue is not there. I listened to a Pod Cast on my 45 minute drive and had no issues. Also I have listened to some music as well. Maybe there is a different chipset in the Note 9.
    Thanks Jackwagon16 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by moparman89 View Post
    I have been having this issue since I got my SP two moths ago and the dealer says there's nothing they can do. When I stream any music from my Android phone...(tried 3 different phones) after 5-6 songs it start to cut out and sounds terrible.I tried an iPhone and it worked like a champ with no issues. I have had many Mopars with UConnect and had no issues.Anyone else having this issue?

Just reposting this, because some may be experiencing this issue. My iPhone had a similar issue when streaming over BT, what I had to do was disconnect the wifi & allow my iPhone to communicate only over 4/3G. This happened mainly when I was streaming from a service like Pandora, Youtube, etc... I'm not sure if this is the same type of circumstance that you've experienced, but when streaming I had to turn off wifi. No clue why it does this, as the phone should automatically go to 4G when not connected to wifi, but for some reason Carplay interfered with that automatic transportability of service.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12