Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I took on a 5gal plastic bucket at 80mph. Got caught underneath the car on the y-pipes. Had a box spring mattress fly off a truck and I took that on the front passenger corner and it went underneath the car as well. **** happens.
    2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    3.70 gears
    Dynomax Mini Bullet Mufflers
    Active exhaust delete
    Hemifever Tuning

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1AGOFST View Post
    No thanks to all of that.. and you never know what oil they're putting in.Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
    I can see the jugs they grab from my chair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Had a thick rope net get caught up between the flywheel and torque converter on my '69 Chevelle, stopped the engine dead in its tracks. Didn't know why it stalled, tried to re-start it, caught the starter on fire.

It wasn't fun separating the transmission from the engine to pull that net out, with dry chemical fire extinguisher falling down in my face while I worked.

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    Had a friend get barb wire wrapped around the driveshaft and locked up the rear end on the highway. She said it was a wild ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    While in theory I agree with you, a piece of road debris that can break the plastic belly pan (like a piece of tire tread) could also catch the lever. While it's extremely unlikely, I have some pretty 'interesting' luck.

Richard
    I agree, I had mine installed but took it off before I ever drove with it. I had just hit a large tire tread a couple weeks before and couldn't stomach keeping it on.
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.55 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Super Sport 295/35/20 & 255/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had my Fumoto plug for a while now, no problems from mine. If your worried about it they have a lock for it..Amazon.com: Fumoto LC-10 Accessory: Automotive
    Charged Motorworks Front Bumper, Wide Body Kit, & Hellcat Hood, Hellcat Spoiler w/ wickerbill, Roof Spoiler w/LED, Dual Exhaust, Blastin Bob Tips, Jones Full Boar V-Tube Muffler, De-badged, Painted Tail-lights & Side Markers, Tinted Windows, XM-315 20x10 & 20x12, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20, ST Coilovers, Avin Radio, BigBully, BT Catch Can, 73mm TB, Hypertech Tune, NVX 6x9's, American Bass XR12, American Bass Amp, Frozen Rotors, Hawk Street5.0, Hellwig 32/20mm Sway Bars, Flashtech Halo, Diode Dynamic Demon eye & HID.The "THRESHER" Build Page

Post Thanks / Like
    If you haven't gotten it off yet. Get yourself a 12pt socket that you have to use a hammer to tape it on. The points should bite the bolt and spin right off. When I worked at the shop in my younger days we did this all the time on lug nuts and other stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
    I've had my Fumoto plug for a while now, no problems from mine. If your worried about it they have a lock for it..Amazon.com: Fumoto LC-10 Accessory: Automotive
    Only reason why I actually pull the trigger on this is because there is a plastic plate that covers the engine bay from not just wind, but debris.

I would second guess using the fumoto plug on something that would go off road.

If any one has a chance to get a picture of it on, that would be great. I could probly google it, but I want to see what it looks like on a charger..and how far down it sticks out.

2016 Dodge Charger Scat pack
    Thanks DatDude392 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arod412 View Post
    Only reason why I actually pull the trigger on this is because there is a plastic plate that covers the engine bay from not just wind, but debris.I would second guess using the fumoto plug on something that would go off road.If any one has a chance to get a picture of it on, that would be great. I could probly google it, but I want to see what it looks like on a charger..and how far down it sticks out.2016 Dodge Charger Scat pack
    Installed Pictures FUMOTO
    Last edited by run2jeepn; 07-12-2018 at 01:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Installed Pictures FUMOTO
    This is the long nipple version, order the short one (F-106S, comes with the lever clip) and let it drain straight into oil container.. not due for an oil change but will try to get pics during next one.

Paranoid folks - carry the original drain plug and a wrench around with you.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arod412 View Post
    Only reason why I actually pull the trigger on this is because there is a plastic plate that covers the engine bay from not just wind, but debris.

I would second guess using the fumoto plug on something that would go off road.

If any one has a chance to get a picture of it on, that would be great. I could probly google it, but I want to see what it looks like on a charger..and how far down it sticks out.

2016 Dodge Charger Scat pack
    That's my point.. if you've ripped the plastic shroud off to expose the oil pan you're probably going to have bigger problems than an oil leak.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the long nipple version, order the short one (F-106S, comes with the lever clip) and let it drain straight into oil container.. not due for an oil change but will try to get pics during next one.

Paranoid folks - carry the original drain plug and a wrench around with you.

Found this on Fumoto's site (sound advice):

2. - N-Series valve (with nipple to accept hose) is not recommended for passenger cars with low clearance.

F106S | Fumoto(R) Engine Oil Drain Valves

Post Thanks / Like
    With or without, won't matter. The drain plug doesn't point down it goes horizontal with the ground. I'm dropping 2.5in and it's a Daily Driver. Never had an issue. I believe if you hit something in the road big or hard enough to damage this drain plug you would have damage the oil filter and tons of other stuff in the process. I wanted the nipple to be able to connect a hose. This way I can drain straight into a jug. Instead of into a catch pan, just to then turn around and drain into a jug for disposal. I now just need my 3/8in hose and no tools to change my oil.

Post Thanks / Like
    With or without, won't matter. The drain plug doesn't point down it goes horizontal with the ground. I'm dropping 2.5in and it's a Daily Driver. Never had an issue. I believe if you hit something in the road big or hard enough to damage this drain plug you would have damage the oil filter and tons of other stuff in the process. I wanted the nipple to be able to connect a hose. This way I can drain straight into a jug. Instead of into a catch pan, just to then turn around and drain into a jug for disposal. I now just need my 3/8in hose and no tools to change my oil.
    Ah, good point!

I should clarify, the short nipple does still allow a drain tube to be connected, I just don't use it.. I was more pointing this out before people freak out about how long it is and its ability to be ripped off by being more exposed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm also using this for a catch pan - no transferring oil to another jug and good for a couple of oil changes (16 quarts) before disposal..

https://www.walmart.com/ip/FloTool-4...quart/44580714
    Ah, good point!

I should clarify, the short nipple does still allow a drain tube to be connected, I just don't use it.. I was more pointing this out before people freak out about how long it is and its ability to be ripped off by being more exposed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast