Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Falling in love again

My car and I have been through a challenging 2 years. 4 new cats at 900 miles. New water pump at 31k. Bubbling paint on the hood at 33k. Hit and run. And just yesterday she got whacked by a Mazda who was whacked by a blue hair in a Buick. Took out the bumper, my ikon diffuser, bent he tail pipe and shoved it against the bumper. Snapped the tip off. Damaged the trunk. Rear fenders. Did a number. I’ve got a 2yr old who for now fits in the back but we are planning a second so not sure how that’ll even fit in the car. We rarely take my car around town and with me working from home these days I put maybe 50-100 miles a week on her. I’ve been debating selling her and getting something more family and house friendly like a Tahoe or a Tundra or something. Just haven’t been feeling her lately. But then I got to thinking....This is the first car I’ve bought without help from anyone. Brand new with 9 miles on it. Paid it off in a year. It’s mine. It makes me smile when I push the button. I love the looks and stares I get. It scares the hell out of me when I jump on it. I giggle like a school girl when the rear end comes out. I get a weird smirk when I open the garage and see that ass staring at me. Damn it I love this car. And just like a good marriage, there have been some rough patches. But you don’t abandon someone you love when things get hard. You double down and you fight for that love. And that’s the purpose of this thread. No clue when I’m getting the car fixed (3 insurance companies involved so you can imagine the CF). But once it’s out I want to do something special for her. Can’t decide between long tubes or a cam or a new stereo system. Something that will show her my love for her. So what say you, the great people of scatpackforums.com? What would be your gesture of love? I’ve already got an LMI, bullets, gears, tune, new wheels and tires, stripes, and a sub.
    Last edited by centexcharger; 06-14-2018 at 08:30 AM.
    2016 Charger Scat PackLMI Intake3.70 gearsBorla AtakActive exhaust deleteHemifever Tuning

Post Thanks / Like
    For the record, I’ve split this thing into 3 paragraphs twice now and it keeps making it one so I give up.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it makes you feel any better, I fall in love with mine every time I see it as well. It's only deepened by cold starts or tail hanging Texas U-Turn lanes under the bridges.

I vote long tubes. That way, when you do the cam/heads the airflow will already be prepared.

And just to prove you're not alone, I take pics of mine, from in the pool...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Poor car (and you) have been put through the wringer! Glad you are gonna keep it...my wife ordered her '16 Scat Charger new and took possession in August 2016. Has 48,000+ miles on it now and she loves every minute of every mile. This was also her first ever brand new vehicle.

Hope the future is more kind to your car (and your family)
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package, 6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression 2016 Hellcat Charger rear cradle and brakes swap, DSS 4" custom driveshaft, 3.09 Scat Pack rear diff.
    Likes Jay Z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully the pictures post right. This is painful though. Thankfully the hit and run damage will be repaired from this as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks to see. Glad nobody got hurt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya. Unfortunately the lady who hit the guy behind me that ended up hitting me told a different story than the two of us so now we’ve gotta wait for the police report to come out before fault is determined. So it’s another week of looking at my damaged undriveable girl in the garage before anything happens. On the plus side, the hood repair was approved by dodge and they are replacing my stripes as well which came in today. So once insurance approves the repairs I’ll be able to get two birds knocked out with one stone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you taking it to be fixed... Georgetown or somewhere else?
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site

Post Thanks / Like
    At least you're getting a police report. Half the time up here, you can't even GET one. Wife was the middle car in a 3 car pile-up we're dealing with now.

You gotta get her fixed so you can come to Little River and meet up with me over the summer!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by centexcharger View Post
    My car and I have been through a challenging 2 years. 4 new cats at 900 miles. New water pump at 31k. Bubbling paint on the hood at 33k. Hit and run. And just yesterday she got whacked by a Mazda who was whacked by a blue hair in a Buick. Took out the bumper, my ikon diffuser, bent he tail pipe and shoved it against the bumper. Snapped the tip off. Damaged the trunk. Rear fenders. Did a number. I’ve got a 2yr old who for now fits in the back but we are planning a second so not sure how that’ll even fit in the car. We rarely take my car around town and with me working from home these days I put maybe 50-100 miles a week on her. I’ve been debating selling her and getting something more family and house friendly like a Tahoe or a Tundra or something. Just haven’t been feeling her lately. But then I got to thinking....This is the first car I’ve bought without help from anyone. Brand new with 9 miles on it. Paid it off in a year. It’s mine. It makes me smile when I push the button. I love the looks and stares I get. It scares the hell out of me when I jump on it. I giggle like a school girl when the rear end comes out. I get a weird smirk when I open the garage and see that ass staring at me. Damn it I love this car. And just like a good marriage, there have been some rough patches. But you don’t abandon someone you love when things get hard. You double down and you fight for that love. And that’s the purpose of this thread. No clue when I’m getting the car fixed (3 insurance companies involved so you can imagine the CF). But once it’s out I want to do something special for her. Can’t decide between long tubes or a cam or a new stereo system. Something that will show her my love for her. So what say you, the great people of scatpackforums.com? What would be your gesture of love? I’ve already got an LMI, bullets, gears, tune, new wheels and tires, stripes, and a sub.
    Sounds like long tubes are the answer to me. And by the way that was one of the best posts I've read on this forum.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    At least you're getting a police report. Half the time up here, you can't even GET one. Wife was the middle car in a 3 car pile-up we're dealing with now.You gotta get her fixed so you can come to Little River and meet up with me over the summer!!Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Thank god. The hit and run fiasco is a bitch. Police never filed a report and even though I got a picture of the plate, since their insurance couldn’t get hold of them and the police couldn’t get hold of them, no one would accept fault and the police wouldn’t press charges so I was up **** creek. So word to the wise, if you hit someone and drive off, don’t return phone calls because apparently that’s how you get off without penalty.
    Last edited by centexcharger; 06-13-2018 at 10:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi_57 View Post
    Where are you taking it to be fixed... Georgetown or somewhere else?
    Haven’t figured that out yet. Dealer is sending me the info for the body shop that is going to fix my hood (their body shop wasn’t authorized by Dodge to do the repair) and I’m going to have them do the repair work. They’ve already got the stripe kit and figure doing both things at once by one shop has gotta be easier than doing it at two different places. It’s in Pflugerville.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron.moore39 View Post
    Sounds like long tubes are the answer to me. And by the way that was one of the best posts I've read on this forum. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man.....!! That sucks bro! Sorry to hear all the drama and the crash. As you know I’ve been going back and forth with a possible V, but every time a look/start/drive this charger , I love it. I spend too much time driving to not drive something I love. I think this post may have even sparked a new flame. Thank you

If I was in your boat I think I’d do headers and/or a cam. I think a cam would work well with your gears also. Hope your turnaround is quick so you can feel good again.
    Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear the bad news, glad ur o.k. I would go with long tubes and maybe a cam. Keep us posted
    2012 300 SRT8 exhaust, intake, tuned, 180 thermostat, oil catch can
    2011 M37s 22's, BC coil overs, exhaust, intake, other small stuff
    2006 Land Rover (Wife's Ride) 22's
    2012 Camaro LS (wife's Ride) 22's, exhaust, intake, stereo upgrade
    2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughter's Ride)
    2004 Impala SS Supercharged (Sold)
    2004 Escalade (Wrecked) 22's DVD's
    1999 Dodge Durango (Sold)
    1996 Accord heavy Modded (Traded)
    1995 Impala SS heavy Modded (Sold) Gone but not forgotten

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast